maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
To preface, I'm a big Nintendo fan. I received a NES at the age of 4 in 1989 and I've been hooked ever since. By no means have I owned all of their consoles (Skipped the SNES and Gamecube, didn't own the original Game Boy in its heyday) but in my lifetime I'd generally say they've been my favorite videogame company and the Mario franchise is easily my favorite mass media property ever.

I've never owned a Playstation console and the only Microsoft platform that I've ever owned was the Xbox 360, so I've largely been a "Nintendo Only" gamer for the last 10 years or so. This isn't by any sort of blind fanboyism, simply a matter of free time and budgetary concerns. After all, if I was a millionaire with all the free time I could ever ask for I'd have every goddamn platform imaginable along with a ridiculous gaming PC.

I absolutely lovely the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and still play both often. I have a ridiculous backlog for both platforms that I doubt I'll be done with anytime soon. I was a champion of Nintendo's software output in their darkest hour, almost to an exhausting degree, and even though many would argue that the Wii U was lacking software, I never found a time where I was out of things to play, though this may be thanks to my limited free time as an adult.

I excitedly pre-ordered the Switch in January from Amazon and at launch I picked up the prerequesite Breath of the Wild, 1-2-Switch, and Snipperclips. I picked up Splatoon 2 when it launched in July, Mario + Rabbids in August, and Super Mario Odyssey in October, and somewhere in there I found Puyo Puyo Tetris and Binding of Isaac on sale, so those are in my library as well.

Super Mario Odyssey was the last retail game I was excited about, and the last retail game I purchased for the system, and that really bothers me. With the Wii U and 3DS I often found myself buying a new game probably once a month. In fact I'd actually argue that I've been more excited about 3DS software releases in the 18 months that the Switch has been on the market, which seems especially bizarre since the general feeling I get from ResetERA members is pretty much the opposite.

The biggest issue I'm finding is Nintendo's tendency to lean on Wii U releases to flesh out the Switch release calendar. These games are great if you've never played them, but I own practically all of them. Once you take those out of the picture there's not a whole lot that I find interesting.

For 2017 releases...Arms looks like a neat concept but I'm not good at fighting games, Fire Emblem Warriors is probably fine but I have no particular attention to that franchise so there's no hook for me, which leaves Xenoblade Chronicles 2...which, okay, I actually really want to play, but I've admittedly got two other Xenoblade titles in my library to finish first.

For 2018 the non-Wii U releases are Kirby Star Allies, which is probably fine, admittedly, but critical consensus seems to be that it's the weakest Kirby title in some time, and after the two stellar 3DS Kirby titles that seems really heartbreaking. Sushi Striker looks great, but I'd rather play that on the 3DS, and I intend to buy it this Christmas at Black Friday, and to my knowledge all that leaves is Mario Tennis, which also seems fairly critically mediocre.

Flipping through third party releases offers better results, but it's largely late ports and indie games that ended up elevated to retail releases. I'd definitely like to play Doom, Crash, and Skyrim someday, but $60 for any of those is tough to swallow when it's a fraction of the price on other platforms.

This is all ignoring the selection of Digital games on the Switch, of course but digital games on any platform are tough to swallow for me. Buying any is a major risk because if you end up not caring for it, there's no recourse to getting your money back. No returns, no refunds. And with the huge number of digital games on the Switch eShop, trying to sift through the pile to find the gems is a real pain.

On top of that, once you finish a game, you're just stuck with it. No trade-ins, no re-selling it, even no giving it away. It makes it really hard to justify spending $20 or more on a digital game that I'm stuck with over a retail game that I have a bit more flexibility with.

It would help if there was a master list of "These games are worth your money" somewhere, but with so many indie games released every week, it's almost at steam levels where if you don't make it your business to pay attention, software slips through the cracks and you will basically never know it exists unless you make an effort to keep up with it.

I'm finding that for the first time in a long time, if ever, I'm not terribly enthused about an upcoming Nintendo Direct, and that's a really weird feeling.

Last edited:

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
ARMS is worth checking out. It slowly grew on me, I still didn't like it even after playing multiple times but then I really sat down with it and now I like it quite a bit.

It's a fighting game but an incredibly accessible one. There's not a bunch of button combos to remember.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopeless really. Ill pray for you.

Mario rabbids is 20 times better than the games that get all the fanfare here

Zambayoshi

Nov 2, 2017
Just admit it: in your heart of hearts you know that the Vita is the pinnacle of handheld video gaming.

But seriously, I'm not over-enthusiastic about the Switch either. Many reasons, not least among which figure the high price of the machine itself, the arbitrarily high price of the software (don't get me started on Nintendo's elitist stance on discounting) and the whole aesthetic of the console. Mind you, it took me a good few years before the New 3DS XL got me into the 3DS family of systems.

OP
OP
maximumzero

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
ARMS is worth checking out. It slowly grew on me, I still didn't like it even after playing multiple times but then I really sat down with it and now I like it quite a bit.

It's a fighting game but an incredibly accessible one. There's not a bunch of button combos to remember.

It's definitely on the "pick up eventually" list. Whenever a B2G1F sale rolls through I'll likely add it to my library.

Just admit it: in your heart of hearts you know that the Vita is the pinnacle of handheld video gaming.

But seriously, I'm not over-enthusiastic about the Switch either. Many reasons, not least among which figure the high price of the machine itself, the arbitrarily high price of the software (don't get me started on Nintendo's elitist stance on discounting) and the whole aesthetic of the console. Mind you, it took me a good few years before the New 3DS XL got me into the 3DS family of systems.

The Vita is something I'd love to get into, but I just don't think I have the time to properly enjoy it, unfortunately.

Hopeless really. Ill pray for you.

Mario rabbids is 20 times better than the games that get all the fanfare here

Agreed. Mario + Rabbids is easily my favorite of the Switch library. I even bought all those goshdanged figures when Ubisoft put 'em on deep discount.

Apr 21, 2018
I don't know, to me Mario Kart, Odyssey, BOTW, Splatoon 2 and the indie scene definitely justify the console right now. It's also really gaining momentum right now with new announcements every day.

My biggest disappointment is my joy con sync issue and my pro controller now having issues with the analog stick.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of incredible digital games justify it for me. As a person who sits on a train for 50x2 minutes a day, the Switch is amazing. Makes my commute a million times better. If I didn't have the commute, however, I guess I could have just bought those digital games on PS4 instead.

Smash Bros though.

OP
OP
maximumzero

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I don't know, to me Mario Kart, Odyssey, BOTW, Splatoon 2 and the indie scene definitely justify the console right now. It's also really gaining momentum right now with new announcements every day.

My biggest disappointment is my joy con sync issue and my pro controller now having issues with the analog stick.

Don't get me wrong, Mario Kart 8 was great, but I played that to death on the Wii U and buying it again at full price didn't seem necessary. Breath of the Wild is great as well, sunk over 90 hours into that one. I love Splatoon to pieces as well, but I'm awful at it, so I don't play it as much as I should, and Odyssey was great but felt fairly underwhelming by the time it wrapped up.

Remk NG

Apr 16, 2018
Eh, just relax and wait for games that catch your interest, even the Jaguar has a worthwhile library.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I think the games on the thing are great but I don't really give a shit about the hardware. I still live with my parents and have a not very busy life so portability basically does nothing for me.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
You have a WiiU, makes sense why you'd be uninterested in the Switch. The Switch's exclusive library is really weak at the moment.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Naruto collection is a really solid chunk of game for the price. Also, lots of rhythm games with 100-200+ songs and no DLC (Deemo, Voez, Lanota).

I've honestly found most of the big first party games to be really disappointing. The exception being Mario & Rabbids, which was far better than it had any right to be.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly Switch to me is like any Nintendo console: you buy it for the Nintendo games.

The indie/multi games I buy them on Xbox One X. Don't fancy portable since I always prefer to play on the big screen. And on Xbox/PS at least the Gold/Plus means free indie games/sales so why buy them on the Switch?

In any case, Switch is my go to for party games. Nothing beats sitting down with friends for 2v2 Mario Tennis.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a pretty bad year for it so no I don't think you're weird or crazy. I've only bought hyrule warriors this year and that's only because I didn't have a Wii U, if I did I wouldn't have gotten it for switch. So 1 whole game in 9.5 months. It's a pretty dire situation.

Thankfully the xenoblade expansion is soon.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
DQ 11 is the first thing to pry me away from my switch in 4 months. Compared to the shit 3DS it is a godsend

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you want eShop recommendations? If you liked Mario Rabbids you will probably like Into the Breach, it's a great little strategy game. Also since you never owned a playstation system I'm going to assume you never played Okami. The Switch version is the best due to touchscreen controls. If you want a good platformer, Celeste is a game for you, also Owlboy.

Dragon Quest Builders is a phenomenal game and is a retail release. A must play imo.

Apr 21, 2018
Don't get me wrong, Mario Kart 8 was great, but I played that to death on the Wii U and buying it again at full price didn't seem necessary. Breath of the Wild is great as well, sunk over 90 hours into that one. I love Splatoon to pieces as well, but I'm awful at it, so I don't play it as much as I should, and Odyssey was great but felt fairly underwhelming by the time it wrapped up.

Well it sounds like your switch is getting use!
Maybe just wait until after tomorrow and evaluate the lineup for the next few months?

I actually think part of the craze is simply the indie explosion. It's the defacto indie game system. That's become a huge part of my gaming.

Edit - did you play hyrule Warriors, bayonetta 2, and DK tropical freeze on WiiU?

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Maybe it's just me justifying my purchases, but I don't have a problem buying $60 for something like DOOM when I can also turn around and get something like Steamworld Heist for $15 or Bomb Chicken for $5 (coins!) -- in my mind, that's $80 for three games, which works out to around $25 each. And yes, going digital with the Switch is total bliss; there's a lot of great stuff that you can't find physically at all, and the convenience of having everything at my fingertips is worth it.

Pickleslips

Jan 25, 2018
It's worth having a switch just to play Picross in bed on a big screen.

Rabbids is amazing.

Toads Treasure Tracker is great fun (skipped out on the Wii U version)

Untitled Goose Game looks fun.

The future looks pretty blank for my money on the Switch, but the machine is great. I'm just cranking through indie games that i've not played on it. Hopefully the direct tomorrow helps out with upcoming releases.

But really, games are probably the least important thing on earth so if you aren't having fun, then that's life, babyyyy.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
You say there are games of interest on the system you want to play and haven't bought -- like Xenoblade 2. You have ignored all digital releases on the platforms, thus meaning you've missed out on many indie gems that are excellent on the system. Expand your horizons a bit and see what the system has to offer you beyond Nintendo first-party exclusives.

Did you try the Octopath demo?

MidiPour

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
What made me appreciate the Switch a bit more, as a Wii U owner, was buying multiplatform games that I wanted to play on a handheld. I ended up buying Dragon Quest Builders, Skyrim, and South Park. The indie selection has also been great, there's a interesting indie catching my eye every other week.

Otherwise, the Switch would collect dust or become a Splatoon machine until Nintendo's next batch of exclusives arrive.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't touched it since the Octopath demo came out.

I don't why I don't sell it. Zelda and Mario were great, but everything else does nothing for me or I've already played it on PC. Add on top of that a paid online service and I just don't like the system much. I thought about replaying Zelda but I'm not so sure.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I probably wouldn't be crazy about the Switch either if I willingly ignored the majority of its library.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
The posters mentioning Mario and Rabbids are right by the way, people know it's good but it doesnt get the mentions of some bigger games

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
So far its like a Wii U + in terms of games, i like it but it could be better

Worth the purchase though

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Last year was awesome its this year that has been a slow burn hopefully releases pick up after Smash is out

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
This year is definitely disappointing for any avid Wii U owners, but do keep in mind Switch had an unprecedentedly good launch year with 2 GoTY contenders and franchise staples (Mario and Zelda) right off the bat, which is kind of unheard of when it comes to launch years. And even then, Zelda was a cross-gen release. I'd say all the studios are very much still deep in development, many 3DS developers probably taking longer to get Switch titles out because of HD development (basically what a lot of Nintendo studios struggled with when going from Wii to Wii U), which I feel is why FE got pushed to 2019, for example.

This gen more than any, Nintendo has embraced indies, which is both a positive and a negative. It's definitely good for the games industry as a whole that Nintendo is essentially giving all these indies marketing in place of Nintendo's usual mid-tier priced titles, but it means if you prefer physical, it's more difficult to find titles. The fact that there's now over a thousand titles on the eShop now doesn't help. As a more financially conscious gamer, I'd recommend giving all the indies/games with demos a spin, since they're usually a great way to gauge what games you enjoy the core gameplay loop of before purchasing.

Outside of that, some rogue-lites, like Isaac, Dead Cells, Into The Breach, have that random procedural generation factor. That makes it so you could in theory play them indefinitely if you enjoy the core gameplay loop even after you 100% them, since no 2 runs will ever be the same. I'd recommend checking those titles out in particular if you're worried about value for money. Don't be afraid to give F2P titles on the eShop a try as well like Fortnite or Paladins. They don't cost anything to just have a look at after all.

The game demos I'd personally recommend checking out would be Disgaea 5 Complete, Octopath Traveler, and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. They can all be played for 100+ hours which is good value for money, and have a physical release in case you want to sell it after finishing. I'd also recommend giving the Kirby Star Allies demo a try. While I'd say the game isn't as good as the 3DS titles as a single-player game, it's still an excellent multiplayer one. It's a game I definitely feel suffers from being the first mainline HD Kirby, so a lot of development time was spent on that aspect. If you like the core gameplay loop though, than the post-game modes could legitimately last you 100+ hours if you get invested (I'm at 50+ hours in Star Allies and I haven't "finished" half of the post-game content, since it's similar to Helper to Hero in Kirby Super Star Ultra). And again, the game has a physical release so you can always return it if it's not your speed.

Last edited:

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I'll be selling my Switch very soon unless there's some megaton announcement in the next direct, so no, you're not the only one who's not very fond of the system.

Portability does nothing for me, neither do a good chunk of Nintendo exclusive franchises. Most indies I'll just play on the PS4 if I have time.

The awful online subscription program and lack of basic social features this long after launch kind of sealed the deal for me.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
You might consider trying out Fortnight and paladins. Both are fairly easy to pick up and play, I've put in a ton of game time esp. Paladins.

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
After exhausting BotW and Odyssey, I hardly ever turn my Switch on. I'm also a longtime Nintendo fan that just isn't feeling the excitement with the Switch software. Odyssey and BotW are brilliant. What now?

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I dunno OP, I own a Wiiu and still have more stuff than I could possibly play, and more still I have on my wishlist to get eventually.

You might be broken.
You're not broken, I'm sure 2019 will be more your speed

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be selling my Switch very soon unless there's some megaton announcement in the next direct, so no, you're not the only one who's not very fond of the system.

Portability does nothing for me, neither do a good chunk of Nintendo exclusive franchises. Most indies I'll just play on the PS4 if I have time.

The awful online subscription program and lack of basic social features this long after launch kind of sealed the deal for me.

If most Nintendo exclusives don't interest you, you're not interested in the portable aspect of the platform, and you'd rather play indies on PS4....why did you buy this thing

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To preface, I'm a big Nintendo fan. I received a NES at the age of 4 in 1989 and I've been hooked ever since. By no means have I owned all of their consoles (Skipped the SNES and Gamecube, didn't own the original Game Boy in its heyday) but in my lifetime I'd generally say they've been my favorite videogame company and the Mario franchise is easily my favorite mass media property ever.

I've never owned a Playstation console and the only Microsoft platform that I've ever owned was the Xbox 360, so I've largely been a "Nintendo Only" gamer for the last 10 years or so. This isn't by any sort of blind fanboyism, simply a matter of free time and budgetary concerns. After all, if I was a millionaire with all the free time I could ever ask for I'd have every goddamn platform imaginable along with a ridiculous gaming PC.

I absolutely lovely the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and still play both often. I have a ridiculous backlog for both platforms that I doubt I'll be done with anytime soon. I was a champion of Nintendo's software output in their darkest hour, almost to an exhausting degree, and even though many would argue that the Wii U was lacking software, I never found a time where I was out of things to play, though this may be thanks to my limited free time as an adult.

I excitedly pre-ordered the Switch in January from Amazon and at launch I picked up the prerequesite Breath of the Wild, 1-2-Switch, and Snipperclips. I picked up Splatoon 2 when it launched in July, Mario + Rabbids in August, and Super Mario Odyssey in October, and somewhere in there I found Puyo Puyo Tetris and Binding of Isaac on sale, so those are in my library as well.

Super Mario Odyssey was the last retail game I was excited about, and the last retail game I purchased for the system, and that really bothers me. With the Wii U and 3DS I often found myself buying a new game probably once a month. In fact I'd actually argue that I've been more excited about 3DS software releases in the 18 months that the Switch has been on the market, which seems especially bizarre since the general feeling I get from ResetERA members is pretty much the opposite.

The biggest issue I'm finding is Nintendo's tendency to lean on Wii U releases to flesh out the Switch release calendar. These games are great if you've never played them, but I own practically all of them. Once you take those out of the picture there's not a whole lot that I find interesting.

For 2017 releases...Arms looks like a neat concept but I'm not good at fighting games, Fire Emblem Warriors is probably fine but I have no particular attention to that franchise so there's no hook for me, which leaves Xenoblade Chronicles 2...which, okay, I actually really want to play, but I've admittedly got two other Xenoblade titles in my library to finish first.

For 2018 the non-Wii U releases are Kirby Star Allies, which is probably fine, admittedly, but critical consensus seems to be that it's the weakest Kirby title in some time, and after the two stellar 3DS Kirby titles that seems really heartbreaking. Sushi Striker looks great, but I'd rather play that on the 3DS, and I intend to buy it this Christmas at Black Friday, and to my knowledge all that leaves is Mario Tennis, which also seems fairly critically mediocre.

Flipping through third party releases offers better results, but it's largely late ports and indie games that ended up elevated to retail releases. I'd definitely like to play Doom, Crash, and Skyrim someday, but $60 for any of those is tough to swallow when it's a fraction of the price on other platforms.

This is all ignoring the selection of Digital games on the Switch, of course but digital games on any platform are tough to swallow for me. Buying any is a major risk because if you end up not caring for it, there's no recourse to getting your money back. No returns, no refunds. And with the huge number of digital games on the Switch eShop, trying to sift through the pile to find the gems is a real pain.

On top of that, once you finish a game, you're just stuck with it. No trade-ins, no re-selling it, even no giving it away. It makes it really hard to justify spending $20 or more on a digital game that I'm stuck with over a retail game that I have a bit more flexibility with.

It would help if there was a master list of "These games are worth your money" somewhere, but with so many indie games released every week, it's almost at steam levels where if you don't make it your business to pay attention, software slips through the cracks and you will basically never know it exists unless you make an effort to keep up with it.

I'm finding that for the first time in a long time, if ever, I'm not terribly enthused about an upcoming Nintendo Direct, and that's a really weird feeling.
I think there are more like you than people like to admit...

The system is the most un-Nintendo Nintendo system in recent memory, and is by no coincidence their most successful in a long time

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Switch hardware is fine but nothing particularly special. It's an Nvidia K1 with all the usual problems that chip always had.

Nintendo's games are great but few in number. They are heavily relying on WiiU releases because porting a game takes significantly less time than making a new one, and very few people played the WiiU to begin with.

Nearly every indie game has a better version somewhere else. For most of them, I already own them on PC.

Online is fucking laughable and the eShop now has enough games to make the lack of discoverability features an issue.

The available software is incredibly barebones, and if it wasn't for the fact it could be easily hacked I would say it is incredibly limiting.

I don't get the big deal with the Switch either. It's fine but that's about all in my opinion.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I love the Switch in the sense that I think it's a really fantastic console that does cool things.

I have played 3 games on my switch because I only buy system exclusives on console. Odyssey, Mario+Rabbids, and Octopath. The switch being a cool indie machine is useless to me since I have so many of the released indie games on Steam and prefer to play them at my computer anyway.

But yeah, I don't think you're broken. I love the Switch, but I too barely use mine.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I am also disappointed by the lack of new games this year. Hopefully things pick up in 2019 and we start seeing more first-party output.

If you had written the green words like this: "I am also disappointed by the lack of new games that interest me personally this year" you would have made an informed and in good faith statement. To say there has been a lack of new games is just dishonest.

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
As noted, try Mario + Rabbids. You already know of ARMS, Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors and Xenoblade 2, Octopath Traveler, so go for them. Then the tons of indies: Golf Story, Celeste, Hollow Knight, FAST...

Goonopher

Oct 27, 2017
Huge Lifelong Nintendo fan myself and as mush as I've enjoyed the games, I'm not endeared to the system in anyway, I've pretty much just given it to the kids. Zelda, Mario and Arms have been incredible, Zelda is easliy in my top five but I'm just not into the Switch. It's telling that I've been away a few times and not taken the Switch with me.

The weird thing is I've not been into gaming as much as I am now since 1998, I absolutely love gaming these days, just not on the Switch. My PS4, iPhone and Mac are where I game the most these days (I play Mario Run daily still as remix is such a joy).

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I feel that you should definitely open your eyes up to those small digital-only games. You stated your reasons, but they don't seem quite rational.

If you haven't played any indies on PC or PS4, then there's a treasure trove of gems that are available right in front of you.

As someone looking from the outside, I'm not exactly blown away by Nintendo's output. 2018 has really set them back after a stacked 2017.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
If most Nintendo exclusives don't interest you, you're not interested in the portable aspect of the platform, and you'd rather play indies on PS4....why did you buy this thing

Hype. And BotW, which was good. I also played a crap ton of Mario Kart. I was fun while it lasted I guess.

I was hanging on for an Animal Crossing announcement which isn't coming, and the prospect of having to buy a second Switch for the gf and the fact that I won't be able to visit my friends without paying for online completely deflated my enthusiasm.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I am with you OP. I also have a lot of 3DS and Wii U games. Not much reason yet to own a Switch. I rarely play it but I still play a lot with my 3DS and plan on returning to my WIIU.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You're not alone. I ended up playing my 3DS more than my Switch. I've got a few games on it but that's it. Lumines Remastered was the game I ended up playing the most.

I bought Crash Trilogy on impulse but couldn't get far on account of its resolution and framerate. Ended up getting it on steam and it was obviously night and day.

I think my switch will only serve for indies that aren't better on Pc and some exclusives like Travis Strikes Again and SMT5, which where my primary motivation to get the switch.

The only other thing i'm really interested is Picross games and JRPGs. Picross delivers but the offering in terms of JRPGs is not to my liking so far. I hope it'll get better in the next two years but at least I'm getting the Valkyria Chronicles soon that I am excited about.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hype. And BotW, which was good. I also played a crap ton of Mario Kart. I was fun while it lasted I guess.

I was hanging on for an Animal Crossing announcement which isn't coming, and the prospect of having to buy a second Switch for the gf and the fact that I won't be able to visit my friends without paying for online completely deflated my enthusiasm.

Animal Crossing is definitely coming.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
If you had written the green words like this: "I am also disappointed by the lack of new games that interest me personally this year" you would have made an informed and in good faith statement. To say there has been a lack of new games is just dishonest.
I'm talking about big first-party Nintendo titles (or platform-exclusives generally). I would argue that we haven't got any yet this year.... Octopath maybe.

Not sure why you need to imply I am being dishonest, ill-informed, and in bad faith. We are just having a discussion about video games here, chill out.