What version would you prefer in a hypothetical Zelda Collection?

• N64

Votes: 156 22.2%
  • 3DS

Votes: 547 77.8%

• Total voters

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So with the Mario collection coming and Zelda's 35th on the way there's been a lot of talk about a potential Zelda Collection.

My question for you is if we were to get one that featured both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask would you prefer they be based on the original N64 versions or the 3DS remakes?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely the 3ds remake. The Oot remake actually has the iron boots as an item you can equip to a button unlike in the 64 version.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Honestly, the original games at a higher resolution and a stable 30fps.

Most gameplay changes concerning Majora's Mask 3D are just to its detriment.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
the 3DS remakes of course. but we're not getting a zelda collection. they're not doing the same thing again for zelda.

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
3DS, I guess it will be easier to port and upscale?
I don't think I can go back to N64 Majora's after the 3DS remake.

May 15, 2019
Ideally you'd just include both versions to give people the choice, but if only one was going to be included I'd prefer the originals be preserved. Especially given how bad Majora 3D is.

Homura

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Aug 20, 2019
3DS.
Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time and the "flaws" of the 3D version are overblown.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
why would anyone want the N64 games over the 3DS ones? They don't have anything that the 3DS remakes have.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm fine with the 3DS versions as long as the N64 versions are always available on the same modern hardware through some other mean.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
So I understand that people don't like MM3D

If they emulated the 64 version of OOT, man would it be an absolute pain to play through the water temple, but it's not like they'd offer 3DS OOT and N64 MM

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The 3DS remakes are objectively better

MM3D's changes shouldn't be a dealbreaker by any means.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
The only advantage the original OoT has over the remake is the morning lighting on the attract mode title screen

RedSpring

Aug 23, 2020
3DS but fix the complaints like movement physic for the deku and zora and revert the changes to the bosses

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
N64 for both. If they want to do remakes then do new ones instead of porting ones that were compromised for a 240p handheld system.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
I'd prefer it without Majora's Mask entirely but that's not going to happen so I won't get it at all haha

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3DS, though I want them to change things like the lighting and stuff. Both remakes are a bit too bright, imo.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Should be the 3DS versions with several smaller tweaks. They're overall better but have some supposedly necessary (brightness to accommodate for 3D) and some unnecessary changes (stuff in MM like Zora swimming and Deku hopping for example) that should be reverted. MM should give the option for the new or the old save system.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I have no faith they'd fix the issues with the 3DS games (Majora specifically in terms of physics and visual tone), so while I would be unhappy with the reversion of the Water Temple changes, I vote N64.

May 15, 2019
I have no faith they'd fix the issues with the 3DS games (Majora specifically in terms of physics and visual tone), so while I would be unhappy with the reversion of the Water Temple changes, I vote N64.
Swapping the iron boots out is annoying but people really overblow the five seconds it takes to go into the menu and hit a button

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
Honestly, why not both? Nintendo's written N64 emulators in the past, so it's not crazy to think they can bundle the originals with the updated versions.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Swapping the iron boots out is annoying but people really overblow the five seconds it takes to go into the menu and hit a button
I think the temple itself is an overly designed pile of problems from a design standpoint already, but they aren't going to fix that, and the boots are the icing on the cake. It's not just that it's 5 seconds. It's that it's 5-seconds repeated over and over and over again. It's really the simplest thing they can fix without redesigning how the temple works.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
N64,i really hate majora's mask 3d. Ruined the zora and deku movement, ruined a lot of bosses with the stupid eye bs.

Rockodile

Dec 7, 2018
I absolutely prefer the 3DS version of OOT, so I'd be happy with that. As for MM, it's a bit more complicated. There are some great Quality of life changes, such as the song of double time allowing you to jump to specific hours. However, I find other changes in both the mechanics and artstyle to be to the game's detriment. Ultimately, I'd say I prefer the N64 original.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
originals for the love of god

3D All Stars didn't use Mario 64 DS so I think we may be safe?

May 15, 2019
I think the temple itself is an overly designed pile of problems from a design standpoint already, but they aren't going to fix that, and the boots are the icing on the cake. It's not just that it's 5 seconds. It's that it's 5-seconds repeated over and over and over again. It's really the simplest thing they can fix without redesigning how the temple works.
Sure but you're still only taking a brief moment to swap them out, and it very rarely makes you rapidly swap them on and off. The game as a whole kind of has that issue of having to pause every few minutes to swap one of your item buttons out to what you need at the moment.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
They should remake those games from the ground up. Majora's Mask hasn't suffered as much from age, but even with 3DS, OoT is just something that has an incredible core that needs to be expanded upon. I want the game to be better, but I feel like I fill so many of its gaps with my imagination.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If I had to choose, the originals, every single time. But I'd rather them include both.