I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Gears is over the hill at this point and I don't see how it can maintain or increase it's relevance much going forward. I feel like after 6 concludes the trilogy, they should put out a standalone PvP only version that they can maintain to keep those people happy and move on to something new.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I think they've said to expect bigger changes with gears 6. Gears 5 was just dipping it's toes in the water with some ideas to see how people react. There's a lot of room to change things up in an interesting and refreshing way without completely tearing out the roots.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
Five was great, and the character development with not only the old crew but the new guys isn't given enough praise. I think 343 showed you can't stray too far from what people expect from the franchise. They'd be smart to pump out six and move on to something else. They keep the same mechanics but people love the multiplayer.

Deleted member 67920

alt account
Banned
May 1, 2020
I love Gears, warts and all. It's got really interesting lore that I would like to see explored more in other games, BUT there is a time and place for this franchise, and both have passed - for now.

I think Gears has plenty of potential left in it, but it needs to go away for a while, it needs a break.

This franchise could be the Xbox first party equivalent to DOOM: flexible enough to be rebooted, retold and re-imagined in many different ways. There's tons of spinoff potential that can still keep going, but I think for now, TC has earned the right to flex their creative muscles with a new IP that's just theirs and theirs alone.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was fine. I had to laugh when for like the 90th time in the franchise you enter a disused military base to find the EVIL HISTORY OF THE GOOD GUYS.

OtterX

Mar 12, 2020
I don't think Gears needs to change very much, if at all, and certainly wouldn't gain anything from a reboot right now. It's the lack of other original XGS releases that puts undue pressure on the franchise to take the place of 2 or 3 games. It's not TGA bait and never will be. Michael Bay doesn't take home many Oscars.

I do think they should wait a while before we get Gears 6 and just let it rest for a while after that. Then a new IP or reboot would make more sense.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I fundamentally dislike the idea of single franchise developers like 343 and The Coalition. I don't think every franchise needs a steady flow of games.

Let them take a break and try out new IP's, then return to the old franchises when they are ready. I'm hyped for Halo Infinite because we're looking at 5 years between entries.

Oct 27, 2017
Gears 6, but a Series X blowout while something new comes over the horizon. Zero Dom, obviously.

Set Gears 6 somewhere new and make it the finest and most advanced 17-25 hour campaign. There will be a missed opportunity (understandable) to call this new location "Terra Floppa". This title will stand out even more considering that Mario seems to be headed to reruns after getting paper-thin support, there won't be an Uncharted: Drake's Conception, and there's no new Forza on the horizon. An installment of a long-standing franchise that raises the bar high on a console is always welcome.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
If there's one thing Gears of War as a franchise proved, it's that everyone should drop it and work on an original IP.

If it weren't for the great gameplay and shooting I don't think I could stand Gears. The world is so depressing and monotone and it's impossible to envision day-to-day life in that world. It feels very shallow, like more of an art style than an actual worldbuilding exercise.

Supreme Leader Galahad

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Last September, 2019's GOTY released and kinda did little to no impact whatsoever. Just a month after launch it was like the game had never released at all, and the only places where you could find any discussion of it were Xbox sites, forums, subreddits, etc. Despite Gears 5 being easily one of the best looking games of the gen, having a tremendous PC port, having a 15 hour gameplay-driven campaign with a LOT of variety in environments and a ton of multiplayer modes to keep playing after you finish the story, it got little to no recognition at the awards ceremonies from the end of the year. The reason why, imo, is simple: it's a Gears game.

I don't mean it in a console war way of "the media is biased against Xbox", I just think that there's a lot of people that thought this game was going to be the same gray, samey Gears from the 360 Era and not something that, at least to me, felt completely fresh. It cannot avoid being associated with the style of the previous entries, and yes, it's not like gameplay is radically different, but I feel like had this been a new IP it would've been much better received. Like, look at this, do these gifs look like a Gears game?

FelineBlackCranefly-size_restricted.gif

EachScaredKiskadee-size_restricted.gif

TiredImpoliteKestrel-size_restricted.gif

ElaborateHardtofindBirdofparadise-size_restricted.gif

Sure, you can pinpoint to some things like the character designs (which, besides Kait and Del, are a bit... dated), and that's EXACTLY what can be thrown away with a new IP. Between this and Gears Tactics, The Coalition proved themselves as a very talented studio, but they're stuck on an IP that a lot of people feel is past its prime. I'd love to see what they could put together for a completely new game, with the same awesome production values and variety Gears 5 had. I hope they'll try it, at the very least.
It failed because it was an ok Gears, which means a weak game, failing to live up to the quality of the original trilogy simply because the formula is stale, bigger maps wont change that. If the Coalition wants to keep making Gears, its not a problem but they need to evolve the formula to something that maintains key Gears pillars(TPS, GearXLocust, Active Reload, gore, lore) while changing the gameplay formula of the series to something new and engaging . It should look at games like Vanquish, Binary Domain and Spec ops the Line for ways into how evolve its formula, be it focusing more on evolving the gameplay-story connection like The Line and TLoU or simply evolving the gameplay aspect of it like Vanquish and Binary Domain. Imo i think Vanquish is the one that Gears should look at most in terms of evolving since the game was basically Mikamis anti cover shooter, it could go through a renaissance like God Of War that looked at Soulslike as a way to evolve its combat even if it meant lowering the pace, while also maturing its story compared to older games of the franchise. Yes that means losing the original fans that still cling to the MP but that will save the franchise, bringing new players and surprising the industry, just like GoW. The pc port sucks btw.

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
I was really put off by gears 4,so gears 5 was actually way better from what I initially expected
Alas, it still felt like a mediocre game at the end
I really wish The coalition will do something else than gears at this point
But yeah as some pointed out, it was a studio built for gears so....

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
As a person who has never really gravitated towards Gears, I'm probably not the best judge - but I would love to see The Coalition work on a new IP. There is no doubt that they have the technical prowess and talent to make a beautiful AAA action title for Xbox. I think it would be wise for Microsoft to take a break from the Gears license, work on something new, and re-approach it later.
I feel the same. I played one or two of the GOW games way back on 360 and they were just dude bro shooters with an aesthetic I really did not gel with. So these games are not a pull for me at all as a now PlayStation gamer. Clearly they have the talent, Microsoft should really put them to use on something fresh for a new generation.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
The Coalition has some crazy talent. I would love to see them tackle a new IP because I am getting tired of Gears. However, I don't see it happening right now. They were literally founded to be a Gears studio, just like 343 was founded to be a Halo studio.

funnily enough both studios would arguably benefit from a new IP

Oct 26, 2017
Gears 5 was actually a great game to me. Much better than 4. I'm wondering if all these critics even played the game...
I feel the same.

I also feel like they are evolving gears into something new, story wise story mode gameplay wise (for gears). ( A semi open world rpg) which turned out pretty great as baby steps go.

But ya, I think all studios need gap games to not get burned out.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
It will be remembered that way. It's not a bad game by any means but for a gears game it's ok just

Heck halo 5 is a 84 on MC and that is an actively bad game, so MC doesn't tell the full story with some games.
If Halo 5 is an actively bad game, then I want more awful games. It's the best console MP arena shooter IMO. I've put more hours into 5's MP than any other MP game this gen. It got deserved criticism for the campaign but just about every review mentions it's excellent MP.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Halo 5 is an actively bad game, then I want more awful games. It's the best console MP arena shooter IMO. I've put more hours into 5's MP than any other MP game this gen. It got deserved criticism for the campaign but just about every review mentions it's excellent MP.
Yeah and I definitely disagree. it's has some of the worst controls in any multiplayer game that actively makes drag it down. They have really hurt halo with it and because of it I have no faith in Halo infinite to do anything.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Gears 5 was the definition of mediocre so I'd love a new ip from them. I am enjoying Tactics though.
Yes, Tactics is great and puts the IP in a whole new light.

I am not a fan of studios designed to stay with only one franchise. Activision is even worse, they have multiple studios making annual games of the same IP. Turn 10 ok, I get it, they are racing fans at heart and that is their passion but I don't think any other studio can honetly say we only like doing Halo or only like doing Gears. Bungie left and yes Destiny is very similar but it's still a new IP. They could have stayed with Microsoft if they wanted to keep making Halo couldn't they?

Look at Nintendo, they can keep making games with the same characters but they also create new ways to play those games. That's why Gears Tactics is the perfect example.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Gears 5 wasn't a bad game but it could and needed to be significantly better for a marquee first party title. Pointing out it has a mid 80s MC isn't proving that it's a great game at all. The majority of big AAA game gets 80+ aggregate from media critics.

Devious

Oct 31, 2017
California
Well we're inevitably going to get Gears 6 just based off the ending for Gears 5. So maybe when they conclude this trilogy they can move on to something new. Same thing with 343 after Infinite. The downside of slapping Gears or Halo on the box is that you're going to be dealing with the rabid hardcore fans (like myself with Halo, but I've toned down a bit) when you change things. Create a new IP and free yourself from the burden of catering to specific fans - and then possibly gain the opportunity for newer ones.

And if there's one thing Gears 4 & 5 also proved, is that The Coalition are amazing with Unreal Engine. Imagine that talent on a new IP for next-gen? Oof.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The Coalition has some crazy talent. I would love to see them tackle a new IP because I am getting tired of Gears. However, I don't see it happening right now. They were literally founded to be a Gears studio, just like 343 was founded to be a Halo studio.
Actually no, they weren't. That's what they became eventually, but they were founded as Black Tusk and started out working on a new IP. Ultimately they're still a bit more open to branching out as they don't have a Gears mandate. 343i is literally the The Pokémon Company of Halo though.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yeah and I definitely disagree. it's has some of the worst controls in any multiplayer game that actively makes drag it down. They have really hurt halo with it and because of it I have no faith in Halo infinite to do anything.
Well you're entitled to your opinion, but most people disagree with you. It's crazy it's the controls you hate though. It feels so good to me. I could thruster pack myself around all day. Basically adds a juke button to a FPS.

Mecha

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Couldn't bare to finish Gears 5 and thanks to Game Pass I didn't feel obligated to do it.

I think The Coalition is a great team trapped by an IP.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well you're entitled to your opinion, but most people disagree with you. It's crazy it's the controls you hate though. It feels so good to me. I could thruster pack myself around all day. Basically adds a juke button to a FPS.
I don't think most people do, Halo has dropped off majorly and I feel the controls are the reason why, they dropped the ball hard in halo 5 and the sad thing is I enjoyed playing it in the beta but they changed from the beta to the full game and I can't stand it now.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
i would like to see different runs at games in the gears universe

gears x RE where your a human colonist trying to survive and escape with horror vibes

gears tactics just came out and is great

gears action RPG set in an open world

I feel like the linear walking -> action setpiece -> linear walking - action setpiece -> linear walking -> boss fight is the tired part of the franchise, experiment with different playstyles through offshoots and then evolve the brand. the world building and lore is actually nice to me

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
While Gears 5 was a great game, I think Gears as a whole is a pretty stale franchise. MGS would be much better off putting the Coalition's talents to better use on a new IP of their choosing.

It's pretty shitty that the Coalition was pushed to become a Gears factory when later on MS buys up a bunch of new studios letting them make whatever's they like. The Coalition is a studio that could have put out some real banger new IP this gen, but instead they were put to work on Gears; which Gears 5 showed no matter how good the game was, gamers weren't really interested in the IP anymore.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
But they could tweak parts of it. Put Kait in a heli crash, only survivor, no functional classic Gears gear, no bulky suit, make her survive the wild, pull back the camera during traversal but keep the close shoulder cam during fights, team up with some old crew member that was thought to be dead but just went off-grid, sneak past the enemy lines from behind, in the shadows, etc. Then retrieve the classic Gears suit mid game for a Kratos blades moment.

Yes, that sounds good. My other personal wish is a dead space sort of survival horror, where hiding behind cover is about surviving by staying unseen and the big payoff at the end is finally getting a lancer and just chainsawing the shit out of the enemies who'd tormented you all game.

MS needs to stop with this idea of "Franchise X factories" and let their devs find their footing in new games and IPs 100% OP. If Sony has proven anything and MS can learn, with studios like Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games and even Insomniac, letting them experiment and try new ideas can make whole new and fantastic franchises.

Picking on your comment out of many like it, so sorry for that, but why is it sad for Coalition to make 2 Gears games but just awesome for Sony to force Naughty Dog to crunch out 5 Uncharted games in a row? Or buy Insomniac to make them do Ratchet 11 and Spider Man God Only Knows How Many At This Point?

Yes, they did let Guerilla make Horizon after Killzone 4 proved that series was even deader than Gears is now. Hurray? Meanwhile SSM is still stuck on God of War 15 years later with no end in sight.

Feels like a huge double standard to me, especially when Rod Ferguson has said on the record that Coalition might do other things in the future.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
The ability to upgrade jack like a rpg and how he can greatly help in battles is amazing. I want more games to do that especially shooters

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I agree, especially with the way they handle the Unreal Engine, they can defiantly need to work on a new IP.

Ozzie666

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
Well Gears 5 was critically and technically acclaimed by most media outlets. It was a technical marvel wasn't it?. I assume it sold well?. Only way to get them onto a new IP is to probably stop buying Gears of War games, until then why should Microsoft finance a more risky venture? If anything they should make 2 teams and try to split development between the two, until they can make a successful new IP.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
They could probably do with a dev cycle longer than 3 years. I think that's what really separates Gears 5 from Sony's 3rd-person narrative games (even if I personally really like the Gears style).

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
It was? Taking a look at every TPS on the market, I don't agree. It's not my top TPS, but referring to it as mediocre is laughable.
Lol yeah, metascore 84, user score 8.3, sooo mediocre /s

Even more hilarious is that people used to say that it was one of the best Gears ever, but here it sounds like it was shit.

Personally I don't think the open map traversal in chapter 2 was fun, felt like playing Shadow of the Colossus. But the next open map with the storm was a lot better and the action maps were all great. The new warden enemy and Jack strategy gameplay was exactly what Gears needed and at the end I would put it behind Gears 1 but ahead of every other Gears. I had it on my GOTY list.

Nov 8, 2017
While Gears 5 was a great game, I think Gears as a whole is a pretty stale franchise. MGS would be much better off putting the Coalition's talents to better use on a new IP of their choosing.

Yes but it could be invigorated relatively easily, I think - a clean reboot away from the locust storylines. Gears 4 was so safe it wound up boxing them in, and Gears 5 still follows that same trajectory in story but changes up the gameplay a lot. I think they should have wrapped up the story with 5 so they could move forward cleanly - but now they're booked in for another direct successor which is unfortunate, imo.

Some directions you could go with the Gears licence that wouldn't just be repeating the same status quo, ranging from safer to bolder:

• Go before e-Day and do some Pendulum wars shit not just in flashback form. Easy fanservice, but imo a bit lazy.
  • Go forward and have the locust and humans coexisting on the surface. The COG doesn't exist anymore, the world has healed enough to form countries again. Can do totally new status quos and tell newer stories while also getting away from the technology of the series as it existed.
  • Ask questions like "what is outside of Sera?" Answer questions relating to what Sera is and whether or not there exists societies, human or alien, outside of the planet. Was Sera colonized in it's distant past, or did humans develop there truly?

The franchise itself is tired because it's so limited in scope. The story set out by the original trilogy only had so much life in it, so either they should let the franchise rest for a while, or they need to break it wide open and really consider some new possibilities.

Stixitnu

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 9, 2018
It was fine. I'd like to see how they finish the trilogy but that studio was built to take over that franchise so I don't see them doing anything else. They just released Tactics which is supposed to be good too.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, that sounds good. My other personal wish is a dead space sort of survival horror, where hiding behind cover is about surviving by staying unseen and the big payoff at the end is finally getting a lancer and just chainsawing the shit out of the enemies who'd tormented you all game.

Picking on your comment out of many like it, so sorry for that, but why is it sad for Coalition to make 2 Gears games but just awesome for Sony to force Naughty Dog to crunch out 5 Uncharted games in a row? Or buy Insomniac to make them do Ratchet 11 and Spider Man God Only Knows How Many At This Point?

Yes, they did let Guerilla make Horizon after Killzone 4 proved that series was even deader than Gears is now. Hurray? Meanwhile SSM is still stuck on God of War 15 years later with no end in sight.

Feels like a huge double standard to me, especially when Rod Ferguson has said on the record that Coalition might do other things in the future.
You have to break it down into the full context of where the lifecycle of these devs, aside from Sony Santa Monica making God of War for eternity, Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Guerilla Games now are known for more than one franchise or have made attempts to branch out and make other series. Naughty Dog made Crash, then soon went on Jak and Daxter, then Uncharted, then the Last of Us, with Insomniac you have 11 fucking Ratchet and Clanks that were spread out through PlayStation generations but in the mean time they also did the Resistance trilogy, made Sunset Overdrive with MS then did Spiderman and now with Guerilla Games they decided to take that heavy tech aesthetic they were so good with and made a brand new IP with Horizon that was hugely successful and more acclaimed than any Killzone game ever was.

Now we look at the Coalition and 343 or even Turn 10, and to their names we have a plethora of basically making the same franchises and that was their sole intended purpose. These teams are filled to the brim with extremely talented people and in particular as MS basically runs every one of there big three Halo, Forza and Gears into the ground it seems from a consumer perspective. There's so much potential and what people can see if these Devs were allowed to branch out more and maybe make the next big MS exclusive or new IP that gets heads turning. It's more of they're known as the one studio in a plethora of franchises that are feeling rather old and tired at this point from the perspective of a lot of consumers.

That's how I felt at least when looking at MS and being mainly and Xbox guy for 15 years until I got a PS4 and I just got a snapshot of a bunch great but wide ranging exclusives. Not to mention MS has the weakest first party output by far compared to both Sony and Nintendo and that really showed this generation. It's like that former MS exec that went on to work at Nintendo where he even marked all their exclusives just looked so similar especially in terms of shooters. Now a couple Sony first party games have fit rather open world cinematic theme this gen, but even then they feel very different from each other. People want a wider variety of first party output from MS and it's great they took going into this next generation with purchasing a bunch of studios for that purpose but especially in the Coalitions case people are curious what they could do if they even made a new IP especially considering they weren't a Gears factory at Frist and from the looks might not be soon enough.

Deleted member 19213

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what Microsoft's aversion is to new IPs and why they think they need to keep milking franchises that are successful. That's not to say Playstation and Nintendo don't do the same, but with Nintendo each Zelda and Mario has their own style and unique game experience, and Playstation exclusives reinvent themselves as well. While God of War started to get stale, God of War 2018 reinvigorated the franchise. Halo, Gears, and Forza are are getting kinda stale.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I'm not sure what Microsoft's aversion is to new IPs and why they think they need to keep milking franchises that are successful. That's not to say Playstation and Nintendo don't do the same, but with Nintendo each Zelda and Mario has their own style and unique game experience, and Playstation exclusives reinvent themselves as well. While God of War started to get stale, God of War 2018 reinvigorated the franchise. Halo, Gears, and Forza are are getting kinda stale.

Let's leave racing aside because it's kind of different, closer to a sports franchise with new iterations.

Microsoft released Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Ryse, Sea of Thieves, Ori, Bleeding Edge, ReCore all in this gen alone with Everwild still to come. They also put out 2 Halo games and 2 Gears games.

On the other hand, Sony released Uncharted 4 and 5, Killzone 4, God of War 5, Ico 3, Ratchet & Clank 10 (before acquisition of Insomniac of course), Last of Us 2, and Infamous 3. But they did also release Horizon, Ghosts of Tsushima, Dreams, and some smaller stuff like Concrete Genie and their VR games.

Yeah, I'll just admit I don't get it. From where I sit it looks obvious that both have a healthy mix of sequels and new stuff.

Cutty

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe if Gears 5 multiplayer in regions outside the US actually worked 8 months in from its release, there'd be far more attention and praise for this so called GOTY. Cannot get a reliable match in Oceania to this day. Absolute radio silence from TC.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
I'm 99% confident that Coalitions next game will be Gears of War 6. I doubt they'll be making a new IP anytime soon.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Yes but it could be invigorated relatively easily, I think - a clean reboot away from the locust storylines. Gears 4 was so safe it wound up boxing them in, and Gears 5 still follows that same trajectory in story but changes up the gameplay a lot. I think they should have wrapped up the story with 5 so they could move forward cleanly - but now they're booked in for another direct successor which is unfortunate, imo.

Some directions you could go with the Gears licence that wouldn't just be repeating the same status quo, ranging from safer to bolder:

• Go before e-Day and do some Pendulum wars shit not just in flashback form. Easy fanservice, but imo a bit lazy.
  • Go forward and have the locust and humans coexisting on the surface. The COG doesn't exist anymore, the world has healed enough to form countries again. Can do totally new status quos and tell newer stories while also getting away from the technology of the series as it existed.
  • Ask questions like "what is outside of Sera?" Answer questions relating to what Sera is and whether or not there exists societies, human or alien, outside of the planet. Was Sera colonized in it's distant past, or did humans develop there truly?

The franchise itself is tired because it's so limited in scope. The story set out by the original trilogy only had so much life in it, so either they should let the franchise rest for a while, or they need to break it wide open and really consider some new possibilities.

I couldn't agree more regarding the franchise, however, the gaming industry very cynically doesn't have a great track record with attempts at reinvigorating franchises by doing a fresh cut and telling whole new stories (see ME:Andromeda). I think commercial marketing pressures get in the way. If they wanted to tell a whole new story, i'd really rather they not have to be weighed down by the narrative baggage of the Gear franchise and just tell a new story as a new IP; especially because the Coalition is a new developer who were never the originators of the Gears franchise.

Let the Coalition create their own world, characters, lore etc.. Gears is always a series for me with so much narrative potential that got squandered in the games by Epic through poor writing and storytelling. Similar in many ways to Halo. Just wipe the slate clean and let the new dev work on their own passion project. I think it would have been far more interesting. The only thing Gears has going for it a time this point is the gameplay, and without a strong narrative to drive the SP campaign forward, the whole IP is less interesting to me.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
I agree. Gears 5 was good because of the ways that it wasn't Gears 4. Though I would be down for a Gears 6 that takes the additions in Gears 5 further.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should do a new IP while continuing on Tactics then probably revive the main franchise after a few years. Gears 5 was ok, but again average games are probably good enough for xgp for now

Voodoopeople

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Gear 5 was a lot of fun. Never touch the MP, so have to qualms about a total mechanics based reboot, even if it dumps MP.

If the animations get a massive change that means that wall bouncing dies, so be it.

If people feel precious about that, then let them work on a new IP and give Gears a break. I don't feel they can innovate enough without breaking MP for the franchise to move forward sufficiently.

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
My gaming group was playing the multi player for awhile at launch. The was they handled tour of duty, and map versatility turned us away though. Still enjoy the gameplay next to 3.
Coalition needs to fine tune some things but eventually I'd be down to see an OG IP

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
At some point they need to do something else, but Gears is still a great franchise that derserves to stick around. Some things I'd like to see happen:

1: No microtransactions. I hope Gears Tactics is an indication of things to come in that regard.

2: Longer dev cycle. The Coalition did Gears 5 in two and a half years, a game with a multitude of different modes - even including three player campaign split-screen co-op! - while some other games they're often compared to get 4-5 years focusing on only one or two things. It's a small miracle and a testament to the talent of the team, how well the game turned out with such a short dev cycle. Now let's see what they can do with 4-5 years.

3: Perhaps they should consider taking Gears to other genres like with Tactics, but as a main chapter to keep things fresh.

4: Maybe the time has come to decouple some of the modes from the package. Games are getting really expensive, take a ton of time to develop and it's almost impossible to be the best at everything at once, especially when the gameplay mechanics have to carry over between the different modes. A Gears campaign will be compared to other games that only has the campaign to focus on and it's difficult to come out on top in that scenario today.

Yes it's time. Make something new. I wouldn't mind if they did a smaller gears game like a 2D/3D hybrid side scroller. Doesn't have to be a AAA game. Have someone else continue gears and make something else.

That kinda just happened with Gears Tactics and it's a really good game as well.