ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy people will say its a mind control drug and refuse. It doesn't need to be mandatory just if your smart get it. And maybe push it at schools.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not a law on the books, a landmark Supreme Court ruling. Currently 31 states have some sort of mandatory vaccine law that has no exemption for personal philosophical reasons. Those states have varying levels of religious exemptions. This has been the established status quo and the trend over the last decade has been in the direction of further narrowing and eliminating exemptions.

The two states that have mandatory vaccination laws with absolutely no exemptions of any kind are Mississippi and West Virgina, which kind of runs counter to your theory that gun owners are going to rise up against forced vaccinations.
Great info, my point was about the practicalities of enforcing those laws. Guess who's currently getting vaccinated in Mississippi and West Virginia, it's kids.

How do you vaccinate the people who refuse? And believe me, even in the best case scenario there will be plenty.

Oct 25, 2017
In the US health insurance could probably disqualify you for not getting it without valid reason. That's going to cost a lot more than any government fine.

Deleted member 12028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, unless there's a legitimate medical reason, and those people hopefully would be covered by herd immunity.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you have a medical reason as to why you can't, It just be mandatory.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Medical reasons should be the only reason you don't get it. In addition until it's proved safe/useful it should be voluntary. Normally I wouldn't need to add that caveat but with trump he is will to drop all safeguards to prove that "he" did it

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
No. I'll be taking it, and I'd prefer that others take it, but forcing them is not something I'd be comfortable with.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yes.

Fuck any appeal to personal liberty, liberties are null if it negatively impacts the right to life of others. Same reason why you can't drink vodka and drive.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We need a rapid antibody test. If the result is negative, you get stuck with the vaccine. Of course, medical exceptions being acceptable.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
How did they deal with the smallpox?

in Germany everyone born before 1980 had to be vaccinated, and you can still see it today. They used a method that left a mark because back then vaccination protocols were horrible/didnt exist. Even today we only have one Booklet per patient and you better do not lose it.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I figure it should be given to everyone and might as well pump everyone up with current flu shots, etc while there at it.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Only people who can be vaccinated should be vaccinated, which means like 95% of the population. Like any other vaccine.

Infants, immuno-compromised people, people who are allergic to the components, etc. should be except.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
We stopped the world on a dime to curtail this shit. We cancelled entire sports seasons, postponed the Olympics, pulled kids out of school, and threw the world voluntarily into a depression. We are not fucking around, and no one gives a flying fuck about some dipshit's feels over the whole thing. They will be forced to take the vaccine and they will not receive sympathy or support if they don't like it, because everyone's going to be beyond fed up by that point and not even remotely interested in putting up with their bullshit.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Yes, vaccines should be mandatory. Not just for Covid.

Being Anti-Vax for any reason other than express medical concerns is both irresponsible and an invalid point of view.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Mandatory for international travel. Otherwise, nah.

But, I'd make it freely available like flu shots.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Yes, barring a legitimate medical reason, everyone should be vaccinated. I agree the role out needs to be done on volunteers first, but once it is deemed medical safe. We've done it is n the past with diesease like polio and small pox, Corona is in that same catagory of emergency.

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Barring allergic reaction or other significant medical reason everyone should be vaccinated. This is valid for Covid-19 or any other relevant vaccines.

Last edited:

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Already read a FB comment on my Governor's page stating they wouldn't "trust an unvetted vaccine to be pumped into their kids" so you know there will already be dumbasses that won't take it.