Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was a large game publisher that vows to never again make any games with a AAA budget. Indie games are great and all, but I miss the days when the bigger companies would make "AA" games, experimental or fun games with a decent but not ginormous budget.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
AAA beat em up. Mechanics like Tekken or Dead or Alive, 4 player local and online co-op. Give it to me!

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
New Ninja Gaiden game. Just imagine an NG game having the world design of Black, while having DMC 5-tier graphics.

Hell, you could just recycle the attack animations from Razor's Edge, since those still look goddamn fantastic.

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
A 3D platformer that isn't Mario or Sonic. Doesn't even have to be triple A. It's been fucking ages since a big company put out one of these. Hope the upcoming Ice Age game is just that.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all really in here just giving your ideas to devs for free lmao

...a Berserk game developed by From Software.
Also a JoJo fighting game by Arc System Works.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tennis game. So they can get all the licensing. I don't want just 16-32 pros, I want at least double that with all the licensed tournaments and legends.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Was literally wanting to post this
I guess I wish it was done with the mindset of yea we got all this money we're gonna get all these fuckers in here and have two huge regions one with an elite 4 and the other being like a "world" tournament idk :P

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Hey I had written up a game design draft for a bird game like 10-15 years ago! It's sad we still don't have one.
Mine was open world with a small coastal town, you'd be able to fly pretty much everywhere and as you progress through the story mode (which was basically a small number of objectives really) the other birds you meet would be unlocked with their own little story modes.
Being a coastal town you start as a seagull, so the game had the working title of "Seagull game".

This kinda makes me want to look back into game design again, it was a path I never seriously looked into, despite writing a few design docs back then (none of those ideas have ever turned into games afaik).
A bird simulator? Check out this Red Dead Redemption 2 mod!

Edit: Be careful because there maybe location spoilers.

That bird animation is goddamn beautiful. Look at the hawk's feathers in the wind.
The notes on the video mention they just did some model swapping... does that mean the game already has set controls for birds? Were they planning another peyote deal?
This just makes me sad now.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
A pixel art, "Snes JRPG". Made for a 100 million bucks.

Preferebly a sequel to the quintet trilogy or Chrono Trigger.

Squid Icarus

Jul 11, 2019
I wish there was a underwater discovery game with AAA budget, I love Subnautica but high budget would be breathtaking.
I hope I'm not too late and someone mentioned it already, but you need to check out Beyond Blue from E-Line Media. Writing from mobile, so sadly I can't share a trailer or screen, but it is pretty much a modern Endless Ocean with beautiful visuals.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a AAA VR Deus Ex-style immersive sim.

It's pretty much my dream for the future of the genre.

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
Lupin the Third game, or high quality anime hijinks action adventure capers in general, even without that particular license (to thrill).

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Seaman-like with aaa budget. The old Dreamcast game was awesome. Think about a ps5 Seaman like game with a huge budget in 2020...,

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
More than genres, there's lot of licensed IPs I'd love to see

- Middle Earth First age open world rpg. My #1 dream since forever.
- Iron Man.
- Harry Potter (there's that rumoured game for next gen so let's cross fingers).
- Berserk.
- Pokemon mainline game.

The list could go on and on.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I want a Daredevil game, its taken long enough already.
Oh and make a new Suikoden too.

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
A new Starsiege:Tribes game...

Many have tried eg Tribes:Ascend, MidAir...but none have captured the full glorious carnage of the original game...

We have the computing power for some massive team sizes, maps and a tonne of vehicles these days, would love to see a AAA team take it on.

Sadly i dont think most people experienced just how fun skiing and jetpacking around can be.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the devs do put effort into making the game. The problem is that the budget, time and size of the dev team. A new gen every 3 years is just not possible.
I mean, that's kind of what i mean, the company putting in effort by giving the games the budget and team size that a series like pokemon deserves and can easily afford.