Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
This is the one I have. All I need from a case is for it to be slim but thick enough so it feels like my Switch is fairly protected in my bag.. Don't need to carry more games, since on my commute I'm usually just going to play the one in the slot, but if I do there's enough slots for a few.

It's stylish, subtle and functional :D

Also, Splatoon \m/

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Random question, but can you charge the Switch off a usb port? it would make these slimmer cases that cant hold the AC charger a lot more appealing.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Same age and not a problem.
You must just be insecure.

Playing with an all black toy doesn't make it not a toy.

That said, I don't like to have text or characters, but bright colors are cool.
Its not an insecure thing, as i wear the odd gaming tshirt now and then. Its more not wanting it to look like something a 5 year old carries about.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Its not an insecure thing, as i wear the odd gaming tshirt now and then. Its more not wanting it to look like something a 5 year old carries about.

Hmm. Fascinating that you can wear a gaming shirt but not carry around a gaming system case with gaming characters and colors on it.
I personally consider gaming clothing to be much more questionable as an adult. Nothing wrong with it, but tshirts depending on the context can be not very stylish and too casual.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm. Fascinating that you can wear a gaming shirt but not carry around a gaming system case with gaming characters and colors on it.
I personally consider gaming clothing to be much more questionable as an adult. Nothing wrong with it, but tshirts depending on the context can be not very stylish and too casual.
In terms of what i wear they are very subtle ones. Not in your face, "hey look im a gamer!" Tshirts. One is a zelda breath of wild. But its just black with the sheikah symbol on front in blue. No writing. So unless you have played the game, you wouldnt look twice at the design. I do have a street fighter 30th anniversary logo black tshirt. But i dont tend to wear that if im going out.

People who know me know im a gaming nerd. All my work colleagues do too. I dont care if they know even if i work for the government lol

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
quick-pouch-for-nintendo-switch-pink-508213.2.jpg

This is what I use. Not the best for protection but it's as small as it gets, which was my priority. All digital so need nothing more than just sonething that offers basic protection.
This one looks like what I've been looking for since forever! What's the model name/brand?

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I use the one that came with the Masters Edition of Zelda BOTW, I like it a LOT works really well. I forget its a Shekah Slate.

Last edited:

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Tried using the Tomtoc code but it only seems to work when there's nothing else in my cart, which means I don't get free shipping, making the coupon moot. Bleh. Guess I'll pick it up some other time, don't need it right now.

jedmund

Oct 27, 2017
The Skull&Co case is a little big, but its fairly understated and fits everything I need. Inside I have:

* The Switch, with the Skull&Co. Gripcase, which is practically required
* A right-angle USB-C connector to charge the Switch while its in the case
* HORI 24+2 game case in the compartment below the Switch
* HORI 12+2 game case in the compartment above the Switch
* Joy-con Straps
* Nintendo Play & Charge Stand (which sadly, doesn't work with the Gripcase on)
* A Tile velcro-ed into the top of the case to up my chances of finding the case if its ever lost

I could honestly probably fit two extra Joy-Cons in here too. Its great.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
The best case for me is the one that came with BOTW special edition but this one seems an improved version of exactly the same thing.

Cartridge storage are sideways instead of up and it has 2 pages of them but other than that it is very similar.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Instead of creating a new thread I figure it might be more appropriate to simply revive this one since it's the same subject.

I already have a portable Deruitu carrying case for just my Switch and it's games but I need something that will accomodate the entire system. My friend doesn't own a Switch but he has a 70 inch 4K TV, so I'm going over for a Mario Kart 8 + Smash Bros + Mario Party gathering.

I am looking for a complete carrying case for the entire console including the dock, AC adaptor, extra joy con storage and some games. So I'd like some recommendations. thanks.

If possible, I'd like something that is non-descript without any logos or Nintendo branding. I'd prefer not to advertise that I'm carrying hundreds of dollars worth of kit while I travel.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Instead of creating a new thread I figure it might be more appropriate to simply revive this one since it's the same subject.

I already have a portable Deruitu carrying case for just my Switch and it's games but I need something that will accomodate the entire system. My friend doesn't own a Switch but he has a 70 inch 4K TV, so I'm going over for a Mario Kart 8 + Smash Bros + Mario Party gathering.

I am looking for a complete carrying case for the entire console including the dock, AC adaptor, extra joy con storage and some games. So I'd like some recommendations. thanks.

If possible, I'd like something that is non-descript without any logos or Nintendo branding. I'd prefer not to advertise that I'm carrying hundreds of dollars worth of kit while I travel.

Maybe something like this?

On another note I was thinking about getting this one as a casual looking carrying case if I take my Switch anywhere with me.

Dec 23, 2017
I'm looking for a case myself for my switch but something small, slim, and discreet.

I don't like how some of these have the ''Nintendo Switch'' logo on them for all to see, haha.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France

I have this one and did several long travels with it, it's really nice and enough space for extra stuff.

71nXZNpCJPL._SL1001_.jpg
61SwHLmcwXL._SL1001_.jpg

edit : oh wow the images are huge... sorry... I tried to resize with the forum tools but it doesn't work.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Maybe something like this?

On another note I was thinking about getting this one as a casual looking carrying case if I take my Switch anywhere with me.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm looking for. That link showed another similar case in similar product listing.

I grabbed the Zadii Switch case - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074JFY4JF

I like the fact it has room for joycons attached to the console, the joy con grip and the pro controller. That gives me an option up to 5 controllers for my upcoming Smash Bros gathering.

Tremagus

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
I need to invest in an actual case. I've been using a toiletry case to carry a charger, a few games, and I have a small hand towel to hold it in place.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's exactly what I'm looking for. That link showed another similar case in similar product listing.

I grabbed the Zadii Switch case - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074JFY4JF

I like the fact it has room for joycons attached to the console, the joy con grip and the pro controller. That gives me an option up to 5 controllers for my upcoming Smash Bros gathering.

Nice, glad you found one that was good for you.

The one I linked also has one with room for the joy-con grip, joy-con's attached to console, and two pro controllers as well as the dock and charging brick. I wasn't sure if you had a Pro controller(s) so I didn't link it. May be overkill in terms of controller storage, but more storage never hurt anyone.

You can see it here.