RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
This is some straight Tom Clancy shit. Rebels in Yemen have claimed responsibility for the strike but everyone thinks this was supported by Iran. The price of oil is going to spike on Monday when the market opens. Fill up your tank over the weekend.

Saudi Arabia's oil production was cut by half after a swarm of explosive drones struck at the heart of the kingdom's oil industry and set the world's biggest crude-processing plant ablaze.

Saudi Aramco has had to cut production by as much as 5 million barrels a day after the attack on the Abqaiq plant, according to a person familiar with the matter. Iran-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen, who have launched several drone attacks on Saudi targets, claimed responsibility.

Saudi Oil Output Cut in Half After Drones Strike Aramco Site

Slime

Oct 25, 2017

318.jpg

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
*puts on tinfoil hat*
Sounds like Bolton should have waited a week

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it's Saudi Arabia so I don't feel too bad for them. Gas price increasing is bad though.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I read a news story like a week ago that the saudi government were not happy how cheap a barrel of oil was on the world market... so now the price will go up , right?

interesting how things turn out.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm sure it was the Iran backing and not the genocidal siege warfare SA is engaging Yemen in that made the Houthi do this.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
My car is a little bit below half. I just changed out of my outside clothes, too. I guess I'll have to get dressed and go get some gas now. Ugh.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see the stock market price of oil rising Monday but the overall market will be down. This is going to wreck transportation of goods. This will effect a lot of companies negatively.

Nov 28, 2017
When I'm home I'm in flip flops, basketball shorts, and either a very old t shirt or a beater. None of which matches. Not exactly the type of setup you want when going out in public.
That is exactly how I do go out in public. Didn't pump gas, but I just came back from the grocery store, wearing blue flipflops, white shorts and black t-shirt from about '94.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
On the one hand, I hate that innocents are caught up in that war-torn region.

On the other hand, 100% of Saudi Arabia's power comes from oil; and the sooner they lose that oil resource, the sooner the world stops tolerating that regime's backwards, medieval society.

We (as the world) literally tolerate anything SA does because of oil.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
Who benefits the most from this? Saudi Arabia both increased oil prices lining their own pockets and gave themselves a reason to keep their war going.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
O boy. The article says they have a storage of oil and that things should be fixed in days. Are the chances of a big oil price increase 100%?

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Just filled half a tank, should be good for ten days or so. Curious how long it'll take for prices to settle again.