How well are you ageing?

• I am immortal. Time has no power over me

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • Pretty good. I get carded all the time

Votes: 281 34.6%
  • About average for my age

Votes: 210 25.9%
  • Oof, did getting up off the couch always hurt a little?

Votes: 156 19.2%
  • I look like Ganon in the BotW2 trailer

Votes: 63 7.8%

• Total voters

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
If I shave I am usually carded, or at least I was in the pre-COVID mask days when you could see that part of my face. When I was 37 I got carded for an R-rated movie.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 41 and look around ten years younger, so I'm doing pretty well! Still get carded on occasion.

Spaggy

Oct 26, 2017
Aside from increasingly gray (more like white) hairs popping up, I still look a few years younger than I am. I got mistaken for early 20s a couple years ago, when I was 29.

I can't help but catch myself checking for wrinkles in the mirror from time to time. I'm starting to get some crows feet, but I don't think it looks too bad. I just need to remember to drink more water and get more consistent sleep.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 40 and can pass for my mid-30s but I don't think that's gonna last much longer as the gray hairs are starting to multiply.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in my mid 30s and I regularly get asked to show ID when I want to buy alcohol.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I look young everybody mistakes me for 10 years younger than I am. I was getting carded and stopped for truancy at 26.

I let my facial hair grow so I don't look like a baby, not looking forward to the day when the opposite happens letting my hair grow to look younger.

However I feel 10 years older than I am. I need to get out of field work and back into office work.

DemyxC

Dec 3, 2020
I was cute as a baby but got ugly real quick and never recovered. It really do be like that sometimes.... oh I look around my age >.>

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 38 now. I used to age decently well1 and looked a bit younger than my actual age, although my hair is definitely thinning at the top.
Since having a kid 2 years ago age has played catch up, and I'm looking my age now. Started growing a few grey hairs and my back is getting to me sometimes, although I also haven't been to the gym in over 2 years now.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Alright? People usually think I am younger then my actual age (36). My hair is starting to betray me though. Other than that pretty well I would say.

Jun 10, 2018
I'm in a much better place now than I was three years ago. My body was breaking down and I was experiencing chronic joint/back pain at only 27, not to mention other health problems.

Outward appearance wise, I think I'm finally starting to look my age (30), though I can easily shave off 5 years if I cut my hair and facial stubble

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I had an issue with my body not producing growth hormone when I was young, and the bones in my face fused when I still looked really young, so for the majority of my life I've looked much younger than I am. I would only half joke that I looked like a 16 year old, and yeah, I would get asked for ID all the time - to the endless amusement of my friends.

However I'm 43 this year and for the last few years I have not been asked for ID at all. While my face still looks young, the cracks are definitely beginning to show, which is great for me after all this time. One man's trash is another man's treasure and all that - some people would give anything to look like a teenager, while I've spent most of my life desperately trying to not look like one. Only in very recent years has that happened.

Physically, of course my knees are shot to shit, but I feel fine. I don't feel like someone who is not that far off from old age - I see people younger than me complaining all the time about their back hurting - mine thankfully isn't, and a friend around the same age says the same, so I have no idea what people are doing to themselves to seemingly have life-long back pain.

big_z

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
38 and have had people think I'm in my mid 20s despite some grey hair and thinning. Also have forehead and laugh lines but I've had them for a long time now. Punishment from being fat when I was younger I think. No crows feet or fine lines which is good as most people seem to link that with aging.

Internally I definitely feel the age. More pain and slower recover sucks.

Smoking, drugs, alcohol, suntanning will age you much faster but I've noticed people having kids early adds like 15 years to their age.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Facially I'm holding up pretty well for being almost 40, but I've been having to no-guard buzz my head for a couple of years now, so my hair lets me down. The last 4 years, since having our second child, have hit me hard.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'm in fine shape when I work out (been falling behind with the pandemic), so my body is generally just fine, but I went bald and grey ages ago. I look like an old man.

onlyTangerine

Oct 27, 2017
I'm approaching 30 and I've always had a baby face (though the facial hair helps), so I'm actually kind of excited to be seeing some of the signs of aging. My graying is fairly minimal, but the two white hairs that sprouted in my beard recently have me looking forward to rocking the salt-and-pepper look in a decade or so.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
The other day a teenager said to me "excuse me, gentleman, may I go through?" while queueing to buy weed.

First time getting called "Gentleman" in my life, felt weird.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
6595051b0ccba3ef156dff38fec32f3b85ea76c5.png

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I don't know how to answer this because everyone just thinks I'm their age or their kid's age. In the last few months I've had someone think I was 24-25 and someone else think I was close to my 40s. I've not been carded in years, however, because I do look much older than 21 year olds due to the weight and facial hair. I've got some crow's feet going on and bags under my eyes, but no one seems to notice those details.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Everybody thinks i'm younger than i am but i'm 48 and bald so nobody is going to think i'm 20.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Quite well actually.
Got my hair, no need to wear glasses, skin's still firm with basically non existent wrinkles. Being brown helps with the skin I suppose. But then again I'm only 30, we'll see how it is in 5-8 years.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I aged incredibly well until 35. Not in the sense of "I look early 20s" as people say here, which doesn't sound like a great thing tbh. But more that I was better looking than 60% of my age group when I was 20, and became better looking than 90% of people who were also 35.
After that, though woof, not sure what happened. I'm trying to figure out how to stop this steep decline. Probably need a lot more exercise, but it's difficult in quarantine.

Nasu

Feb 11, 2021
When I was 14 everyone thought I was in my mid 20's because I looked THAT old, now that I am in my mid 20's I haven't changed at all.. I hope it stays that way for a long time lmao.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I buzz my head but other than that I'm in incredible shape for my early 30s. Most people think I'm in my mid-late 20s so no complaints there. My biggest crux is that I pick up sports injuries more often than I did in the past.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Good!

I think aging is one of those things were people vastly overestimate it based on bad assumptions.

Look at pictures of your parents in their 30s and 40s. They did not look like cryptkeepers lol. They most likely looked good.

Too much focus on aging these days.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Damn so era doesn't only have huge dicks, they also look 10 years younger than their age.

We need more receipt i think :p

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
I look my age.

I used to look super young (when I was 25, I could pass for a teenager), so I guess I've aged poorly in the last decade.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Damn so era doesn't only have huge dicks, they also look 10 years younger than their age.

We need more receipt i think :p
Mostly a nerdish population, so lacking sun damage lol. Sun damage, along with drug abuse and stress is probably the biggest thing that make you age.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Mostly a nerdish population, so lacking sun damage lol. Sun damage, along with drug abuse and stress is probably the biggest thing that make you age.

Yeah i think it's not that rare to look younger in your early 30's. Time catches up more when getting close to 40, and after that you're screwed.
Personally i have kids facial features so i look like one of those kids in akira lol. So with proper light i can look 22! I can also look 40 (which i am) easily or at least late 30's.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty salt and pepper in my mid 30s but somehow I still get carded. I think it comes off as intentional with some people.

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
28 often mistaken for late teens/early twenties. Good genetics on that front. I'm relatively short though, so maybe that's part of it?