• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Godzilla
  • Bajillion feet tall
  • Nuclear powered
  • Nuclear breath that he can focus into a laser like beam
  • Fights alien kaijus for fun
King Kong
  • 10 stories tall
  • Regular ape power
  • Has...thumbs I guess
  • Cries himself to sleep licking his wounds
So how exactly is this movie going to last longer then 2 minutes?

Mar 10, 2018
Unrelated question: Can Godzilla breathe underwater? If not, then how does he stay in the ocean for millions of years?

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
From the latest trailer, it looks like Kong's about the same size as Godzilla in this one. Plus he has an ice pick or something?

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
King Kong is a bajillion feet tall in the new movies too and a point is made in Skull Island to show him killing a fuck ton of lizard creatures.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
spoiler from a movie that is 60 years old :

King Kong won the first time they meet

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Same size now, and Godzilla has a small head and small arms. I mention small head because I'm sure Godzilla can't take a punch to it to save his life. Kong also has way better mobility.

All Kong needs is a way to neutralize Godzilla's breath, which the axe in the trailer seems to do.

Also plot armor.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
monkey have big axe

Frankly, it's game over for Godzilla.

Unless King Kong has a kaiju size revolver, I don't think him wielding a tree branch is going to do much.

As I joke in my comment, this is actually the truth. It's like asking why humans are the dominant species on Earth despite Bears, Lions, Tigers, and whatnot being larger, stronger, faster, and just generally more naturally lethal. We won because we could make sticks, which turned into axes and sword and bows and arrows, and then guns. Big Monke needs only a nice sharp axe and maybe a strong shield to protect against laser breath and Godzilla is toast.

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
So Godzilla can take blasts from other monsters and walk it off. Yet I'm supposed to believe that Kong can win because he has an axe.

Godzilla free.

OP
OP
Failburger

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
As I joke in my comment, this is actually the truth. It's like asking why humans are the dominant species on Earth despite Bears, Lions, Tigers, and whatnot being larger, stronger, faster, and just generally more naturally lethal. We won because we could make sticks, which turned into axes and sword and bows and arrows, and then guns. Big Monke needs only a nice sharp axe and maybe a strong shield to protect against laser breath and Godzilla is toast.
You forgetting how Godzilla tank a nuclear blast? Tank it so hard he went full erect?

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The use of weapons. They are trying to make an analogy to primates/ancient humans and how the use of weapons set them apart and eleveated them to the master species. That's why Kong uses the bootleg blades of Chaos in Skull Island and is shown to be using an axe in the new movie.

Summary: Kong = Kratos

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
They set up in the first Kong movie that he grows as tall as the threat. So that's no issue.

Oct 27, 2017
Kong is meant to be very intelligent and was sized up. They never establish Godzilla was smart, just a big angry lizard.

I don't think it's very controversial that Kong could win.

Not that it matters because they don't have a winner.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm sure the writers of Godzilla vs King Kong are very concerned about realism and verisimilitude.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Godzilla
  • Bajillion feet tall
  • Nuclear powered
King Kong
  • 10 stories tall
  • Regular ape power
  • Has...thumbs I guess

In the Toho original, Kong won.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
King Kong won in the original Kong vs Godzilla movie

Older Godzilla wasn't that much bigger than Kong so scaling up King Kong was fair game, they've both have been scaled up over the years

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
He has a really big axe made out of Godzilla's dorsal fin probably so .... you know.

Jan 11, 2018
Godzilla
  • Bajillion feet tall
  • Nuclear powered
King Kong
  • 10 stories tall
  • Regular ape power
  • Has...thumbs I guess

How does Jigglypuff have any chance against Samus in Smash? How does ANYONE have any chance against Kirby?

It's not supposed to be realistic.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
according to the trailer I just watched they gave Kong a fucking Mjolnir, so I guess he'll win by

cheating?

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Es6fnJYU4A4V9Au

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Is Kong a lot faster than Godzilla? He's killed big lizards by pulling their jaws apart before.

But my guess is they team up to take something else out.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Unrelated question: Can Godzilla breathe underwater? If not, then how does he stay in the ocean for millions of years?
I don't think Godzilla requires oxygen, at least if they are near high levels of radiation. Of if they do need air then they can hold their breath for a super long time like whales.

But if I remember right in the last Godzilla movie there was a air pocket under the sea where Godzilla would go to recharge and heal, and there's magic superspeed water portals that can zip across the Earth really fast.