• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep bringing this up when we know since they started this project that king kong was gonna be about the same size as godzilla

OP
OP
Failburger

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

Y'all forgetting that Godzilla also had an AOE burning dot that also pulse for massive damage.

and y'all forgetting about this ducking shit?! This was so hard they had to hot fix a nerf

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Even if Kong wins by some miracle, he should be dead of cancer and/or radiation sickness in a month from being that close to Godzilla.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Godzilla went radioactive to the point where the environment melted around him instantly. Kong will win cause of dumb writing.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
- he's smarter
- big axe made from zilla spine fin and leg bone
- nearly as big
- faster
- can turn neck and head without turning whole body
- not going to win anyways and will team up with zilla to fight some other big bad.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Does Batman ever fight Superman without using Kryptonite? Because it feels like Kong vs Godzilla would pretty much be Batman vs Superman, only with zero Kryptonite around for Batman to use.
Kong vs Godzilla isn't Batman vs Superman. It's Hulk vs Superman. Hell, it's closer than that, but that's a good place to start.

Godzilla is notably more powerful than Kong in most areas (Kong is certainly more agile though), and will win on your average day. But if he's having a bad one or Kong's having a good one, he's going to take an L. He's not so much stronger that he can sleep walk through the fight as long as there's no particular weakness involved.

(Also, Kong is actually using Godzilla [or one of his kind's] dorsal fin against him to heat sink the atomic breath)

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does Batman ever fight Superman without using Kryptonite? Because it feels like Kong vs Godzilla would pretty much be Batman vs Superman, only with zero Kryptonite around for Batman to use.

I don't wanna derail this thread, but even with bullshit kryptonite, there is like a billion different ways for Supes to avoid that and kill Batman without ever coming within meters (maybe even MILES) of him...

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He has thumbs and can use tools

Tools are what elevates the top of the food chain.

Also seems like he's gonna be way more agile, this version of Godzilla is a thick boy.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kong is gigantic now, still agile and a tool user, seems fair.

I'm betting it will go one fight kong, one fight godzilla and a third fight that turns into a team up against the real big bad kaiju.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I cant tell if people are serious about this or not lol.

This movies hook is literally:

hulk_2017_02.jpg

The absolute last thing that I care about is power levels or explaining how or which one of them is better equipped or whatever. I just wanna see 40 or so minutes of that stuff they showed in the trailer and Im GOOOOOOOOOOD.

Oct 26, 2017
With a piece of Godzilla probably. That or they're just gonna have a wee fight before becoming friends and destroying the world together.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This fight would go like Godzilla vs Zilla in Godzilla: Final Wars.
And the original was such bullshit that I knew it was bullshit as a 3yo.
I actually storyboarded a short remake in high school that had a lot of buildup and then the fight being a single shot of Kong being burned to less than a skeleton.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
You forgetting how Godzilla tank a nuclear blast? Tank it so hard he went full erect?
Godzilla's specialized to live off nuclear energy/reactions as a primary energy source*. He's not specialized to absorb torso-sized axes.

*ignore the fact that the primary devastation from a nuke is the incredible concussive force that would have jellied his organs, because the movies ignore it too.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, people going "stupid writing" about a thing where giant monsters punch like, c'mon. Realize what you're consuming at least. It'd be one thing if like, the rest of the movies actually fit the tone and scale of the first movie, but they don't, to the point where it's basically a different series already.