BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
EHe_9ymW4AENclJ

"Godzilla puede ser más grande, pero Kong ... el mono".

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I just hope someone will actually win. I don't care who. Versus collabs that end up teaming up are a lame copout and are a boring conclusion.

At least if one of them wins, 1 fanbase will be happy. The people that just want to watch giant monsters kick the shit out of each other are still gonna see that and be satisfied if one of them wins. So who cares really?

Other than the fanbase of the losing monster. But I mean, shouldn't have been rooting for a loser then.

So yeah in conclusion, team up collabs that are advertised as a versus are lame.

Always.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I never watched Freddy vs Jason but in AvP you could definitely say Predator won. While technically 1 Xenomorph solo'd 2 Predators the last remaining Predator then just got his weapon and destroyed all the Xenos and then fought their queen to a draw where they both die but the queen dying first. Those 3 are rookie hunters trying to proof themselves btw. The dying Predator then gets picked up by his Predator buddies including the ruler and they fly off into space. So like 3 casualties for Predators all of them rookies vs like a few dozen Xenos and their queen.

AvP 2 the Xenos were so insignificant that they had to come up with a hybrid "predalien" (which I guess technically counts as a Xenomorph but like come on) to stand against the Predator in the movie while the Xenos were basically fodder to kill some humans.
a bit off topic; Assuming alien 3 is cannon and if i remember correctly it defines that the xenomorph changes based on the host.
the xenomorph in alien 3 uses 4 legs isntead of 2 because he infected a cow or a dog (can't remember exactly).
If an alien infected a predator it was expected that the resultant xenomorph would have some characteristics of the host. So i don't think the hybrid is that far fetched like you make it sound.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla seems pretty slow and plodding on land. So what would he do if Kong simply got behind him and put him in a chokehold, thereby neutralizing his breath?

Not a Godzilla expert here.

Feb 15, 2019
Get in the locker, nerds.

You'll never get me back in there you coward!

a bit off topic; Assuming alien 3 is cannon and if i remember correctly it defines that the xenomorph changes based on the host.
the xenomorph in alien 3 uses 4 legs isntead of 2 because he infected a cow or a dog (can't remember exactly).
If an alien infected a predator it was expected that the resultant xenomorph would have some characteristics of the host. So i don't think the hybrid is that far fetched like you make it sound.

Oh I don't mean that in the sense that it's unfeasible. Just that it's kinda not what people, or at least I, wanted to see I guess. Technically yes it's still very much a Xenomorph. My "come on" statement was more referring to how you have a deathmatch versus collaboration between 2 established monster franchises but then make one of the monsters pretty insignificant and fall back on something that's completely different than that preestablished (despite it working in the lore) monster to fight it out instead. Like I just wanted to see the normal Xenomorphs do cool stuff and not be fodder.

Also small correction even in Aliens there were already Xenomorphs that used 4 legs to run, primarily since they were on the walls and in the vents and the like. though yeah Alien 3 is the one where it I think exclusively walked on all fours.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
The same way a billionaire who beats up poor people with gadgets can stand a chance against a super powered alien who can keep up with the flash(move faster then a human can think), has lazer eyes, and can probaby punch the moon into dust if he wanted to. Its a movie, just assume Kong has prep time lol.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Every time I see this thread, just for a second, my mind thinks "a duck would have no chance against Godzilla".

And it wouldn't.

It would have no fucking chance.

And then I think, "how many would it take?" And I think probably ten million ducks.

How does your scenario play out?

Mine is bombing Zillas face, penetrating his eyes repeatably until the brain is reached in wave after wave.
Even if his eyeballs are superhard or something, they should be able to enter through the iris, considering his size, maybe even walk/swim through his eye stems, reaching the brain. Once there, with enough ducks, alive or dead, he should suffer more and more brain-damage. Grisly stuff.
A lot are going to die in the beams until he is blind at least, so there are probably quite a few millions there alone.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Godzilla
  • Bajillion feet tall
  • Nuclear powered
  • Nuclear breath that he can focus into a laser like beam
  • Fights alien kaijus for fun
King Kong
  • 10 stories tall
  • Regular ape power
  • Has...thumbs I guess
  • Cries himself to sleep licking his wounds
So how exactly is this movie going to last longer then 2 minutes?

Because the Godzilla in the trailer isn't a bajillion feet tall ;)

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Spoiler of How King Kong is able to keep up with Godzilla:

Creates axe with one of the old Godzilla spikes on his back that allows him to block his radiation breath. Without it, he is fucked...shows a brief history of KK's ancestors could not beat GZ's parents back in the old day without the axe.

All i know is if KK beats GZ, I expect Toho version to have KK one shotted like the other GZ movie we won't speak out....

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
How does your scenario play out?

Mine is bombing Zillas face, penetrating his eyes repeatably until the brain is reached in wave after wave.
Even if his eyeballs are superhard or something, they should be able to enter through the iris, considering his size, maybe even walk/swim through his eye stems, reaching the brain. Once there, with enough ducks, alive or dead, he should suffer more and more brain-damage. Grisly stuff.
A lot are going to die in the beams until he is blind at least, so there are probably quite a few millions there alone.
That's a sound tactic and I don't think I can improve on it much. It's just a shame they're ducks. Their blunt bills and webbed feet make them terrible assailants. It's criminal that they were deployed for a mission like this.

At least if they attack him while he's semi-submerged, a few thousand can get underneath him and, when he inhales to do his atomic breath, they can drag him down and make him swallow a load of water. It won't kill him but it'll distract him while your Optical Assault Squadrons do their terrible work.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
The same way a billionaire who beats up poor people with gadgets can stand a chance against a super powered alien who can keep up with the flash(move faster then a human can think), has lazer eyes, and can probaby punch the moon into dust if he wanted to. Its a movie, just assume Kong has prep time lol.
Kong is, smarter, faster and more agile than Godzilla and Godzilla is faster in water and has a projected energy attack.

So really it's more like batman and the flash vs Superman and aquaman.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I just assumed Kong would be a bit more agile (or as agile something at that size could be) compared to Godzilla's tank-like movements and Kong's actual usable arms and hands mean he could weird more offensive and defensive weaponry.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Whether x * y > x^2 is up to interpretation

x*y > x*2 if and only if y > x (or put another way, you can divide both sides by x). In turn, this depends on whether the fight takes place on water or land. It would seem according to this math, Kong would win on land while Godzilla would win on water.

(seriously now, I had no idea Gojira came from Gorilla + Kujira. So weird that a reptillian monster's name comes from two mammals!).

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Kong can actually tank a direct hit from Godzilla's atomic breath without the axe, and that is a HUGE if, Kong should win at equalized sizes. Long gorilla arms for grappling and throwing is going to be a huge advantage.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
It makes me sad to watch them fight. Theyre just good boys who want to be left alone. Stupid humans.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
He is just as tall as Godzilla as it was implied he was young and would grow during Skull Island. I would assume he is much more agile, intelligent, has the ability to use weapons, has incredible strength.

Just avoid the atomic breath and he should put up a fight.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
OP, have you ever seen a hairless ape? Their muscles are like corded steel.

Jamie, pull up that clip.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Chains are to Kong as the Oxygen Destroyer is to Big G. It's something that always has to come up in their films. However, even with regular sized original recipe King Kong you can only ever restrain him as long as he's calm enough to not really try to break free. The second Kong wants out, he gets out. In this case he's probably holding himself back because of the kid.

Lizard's gonna get punched in the mouth with more force than any Kaiju that's ever hit him before.

I get what you're going for, but oxygen destroyer hardly comes up in godzilla films. And definitely shouldn't have shown up in KotM.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for the King Kong Shoryuken in this movie. KK has Satsui No Hadou runnin through those veins, yall saw that haymaker in the trailer.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
All this talk about Kong being sized up because he was an adolescent in Skull Island and now it's been like 50 years. Isn't the average age of a gorilla like 40 years? Kong is basically in his twilight years, he'll probably die of a heart attack or something. He's got no chance.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I don't wanna derail this thread, but even with bullshit kryptonite, there is like a billion different ways for Supes to avoid that and kill Batman without ever coming within meters (maybe even MILES) of him...
batman always win because superman is too nice to just kill him or takes too long because plot

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
Kong throws a pile of shit at zillas mouth shorting out his special beam cannon, kong then proceeds to obliterate a shocked godzilla. It's super effective.

Nov 1, 2017
DFW, Texas
Godzilla kills skyscrapers, Kong was killed by a skyscraper. There is really no contest here. Can't wait for the human plot shenanigans trying to explain this as even plausible for monster movie logic.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I never watched Freddy vs Jason but in AvP you could definitely say Predator won. While technically 1 Xenomorph solo'd 2 Predators the last remaining Predator then just got his weapon and destroyed all the Xenos and then fought their queen to a draw where they both die but the queen dying first. Those 3 are rookie hunters trying to proof themselves btw. The dying Predator then gets picked up by his Predator buddies including the ruler and they fly off into space. So like 3 casualties for Predators all of them rookies vs like a few dozen Xenos and their queen.

AvP 2 the Xenos were so insignificant that they had to come up with a hybrid "predalien" (which I guess technically counts as a Xenomorph but like come on) to stand against the Predator in the movie while the Xenos were basically fodder to kill some humans.

Predaliens were around in multiple expanded universe books/comics before the movies. Really much of the plots of both movies were taken from a bunch of established ideas in the comics, they just told new stories (mainly set in our current timeline instead of future space)