OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't have a problem with this if I wasn't paying full bore for each main content release and for every other content release on top of forsaken still being $40.

If you're gonna go F2P, then go freaking F2P.

Edit: So it's just included if you buy the content season pass as well?

Aka "free" unless you're free to play?

All the seasons can now be individually purchased for $10 instead of straight up buying an annual pass. These "battle passes" are included with the $10 purchase but they have some "free" rewards for people who don't purchase the season.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I wouldn't have a problem with this if I wasn't paying full bore for each main content release and for every other content release on top of forsaken still being $40.

If you're gonna go F2P, then go freaking F2P.

Edit: So it's just included if you buy the content season pass as well?

Aka "free" unless you're free to play?

Yes. It's not an additional purchase on top of buying the season, so I really don't get the outrage from some people here. If you buy the season then you get the premium pass with it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind a well done Battle Pass. Just as long as it's reasonably doable, so without needing to play 100 + hours every season.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Battle Passes would be much more palatable if they weren't time limited. As they are they're pretty disgusting

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind a well done Battle Pass. Just as long as it's reasonably doable, so without needing to play 100 + hours every season.

From the article:

I see you: "Did Bungie just raise the XP needed to get a rank to some ridiculous level so that players have to buy ranks at the end of the season?" The answer to that question is NO. For example, in our internal team tests, playing strikes in a fairly relaxed manner (18 minutes per strike play time) with full stacks of bounties can get a Seasonal Rank in less than one hour. Every week, Guardians also get rest XP bonuses (per account), where their first three ranks are at triple XP. Playing strikes with full stacks of bounties and rest XP should get 10 ranks in around 8 hours. And knowing you, we'll all see even better ways you'll min-max your time to clear your ranks.

Our goal in tuning this is for our most committed Destiny players, who start on week 1, to reach Rank 100 simply by doing the things they already love spending their time on. If that's not happening, we have the freedom and ability to adjust. We want Destiny to be your home however you want to play and hit 100. You may never want or need to buy a rank. We just want our community to be able to play together as easily as possible and narratively be part of the Destiny world as it changes.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Now bring Aurc and Trim into the mix of usual suspects and we're good to go
Don't forget to defend the fact that there's only 2 new strikes. The defenders are getting fewer in number, but their song remains the same.

Oh my bad, there's actually 3 whole new strikes...after a year of adding a grand total of zero new strikes. Amazing.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'd still have to see the system and the rate of progress in action.

But on paper all of this sounds perfectly fine. To be fair, i got the digital deluxe version of Shadowkeep for 20$ so I'm already super high on the series when it comes to value for money.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
If that's around ~80 hours for the pass that's roughly going to be ~8hrs a week of play to hit max rank across 10 weeks. Or just over an hour a day if you play the full season.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget to defend the fact that there's only 2 new strikes. The defenders are getting fewer in number, but their song remains the same.

2 new strikes, a new raid, a new dungeon, returning pvp maps, armor 2.0, finishers, artifact system, universal ornaments, new season rewards, seasonal content with vex invasions (matchmade), revamped pvp changes, new solo comp mode, new pinnacle weapons, new activity with matchmaking called nightmare hunts and probably more they haven't even touched on yet.

Try harder

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

The irony in this post is off the charts.

Every Destiny thread is filled with people like you. Basically people who weren't even invested in the game yet constantly shitting on it. The fact that your argument is based on 2 new strikes despite all the other changes and content coming in Shadowkeep is really telling.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

Well Luke did say this,

I see you: "Did Bungie just raise the XP needed to get a rank to some ridiculous level so that players have to buy ranks at the end of the season?" The answer to that question is NO. For example, in our internal team tests, playing strikes in a fairly relaxed manner (18 minutes per strike play time) with full stacks of bounties can get a Seasonal Rank in less than one hour. Every week, Guardians also get rest XP bonuses (per account), where their first three ranks are at triple XP. Playing strikes with full stacks of bounties and rest XP should get 10 ranks in around 8 hours. And knowing you, we'll all see even better ways you'll min-max your time to clear your ranks.

So yea, it'll probably be about ~90 hours per season.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
But on paper all of this sounds perfectly fine. To be fair, i got the digital deluxe version of Shadowkeep for 20$ so I'm already super high on the series when it comes to value for money.
Damn, is there a deal somewhere that I've missed? I was gonna preorder it tomorrow lol.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
We've been asking Bungie to do that for years. Doesn't work.

I think it works considering the player count and how its been a top seller on steam alone since announced. I think you just need to try harder with your posts.. they are VERY low effort.. it feels like a toddler is writing them for you

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds fine to me. Depends on how they balance the grind and reward system.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
man this seasonal evolution shit sounds so rad if they can pull it off

the way they describe how Season of the Armory would have been different

A week before the Season begins, all players receive a note in their mailbox. It simply reads: "I have returned from the stars. Meet me on Dec. 4 at 10:15 AM PST. —Ada" Once this note has been given out, a small countdown timer appears on the Traveler. When the timer reaches 0, players in the Tower see a ship unlike any they've ever seen land between Zavala and Lord Shaxx. A figure transmats out and walks through the Tower, opening a door that had long been shut. Players follow the character through the Tower and the figure lowers her hood and greets players, "I am Ada, and we have work to do."

The Season Pass in the Director is updated, the rewards are revealed, and now Ada and players begin a Season-long experience of refining forges in the world, completing bounties, finding materials, working on Black Armory armor sets, and taking on the new raid, Scourge of the Past. In a twist, Datto and his group are the first to finish.

As players work together to forge weapons early in the track, smithing and building new ones, the room around Ada begins to change. The schematic data from players' work is resulting in new weapons and mods for players to create. These weapons and mods don't all require playing the Seasonal activity—some of them are found in new encounters within strikes, some of them are forged in Last Wish (like the Alchemy Lab in Blackwing Lair).

As the player community plays, meta objectives are revealed. Once a certain number of players have unlocked ranks on the Pass, cinematics unlock for everyone to watch. We see the Drifter and Ada arguing over something pitting the two against each other, the scene ends with Drifter raising an eyebrow at a set of gun schematics behind Ada.

As the Season winds to a close, the Drifter begins to summon players to him. He's having a new space built in the Tower, and the first people he asks for help are those who've earned the title of Dredgen. Now players begin to gather materials and donate them to fund the Drifter's new scam. The Drifter won't stop talking about the gun schematics he saw behind Ada.

Very late in the Season, players notice Ada's room looks like it's being packed up. She's leaving. The schematics that sat behind her are missing. Over the course of a few weeks, she packs her equipment and, in an event similar to her arrival, she vanishes. Ada, her wares, and her forges are gone.

Banshee-44 reminds players that even though Ada is gone, she left him the schematics for her weapons and armor, and he'll be rotating them through over time.

And the Drifter asks you to visit him, saying he's got a surprise…

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ah, this explains why the seasons are now platform agnostic. Makes sense. Interested to see this in action.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
From the article:

Our goal in tuning this is for our most committed Destiny players, who start on week 1, to reach Rank 100 simply by doing the things they already love spending their time on. If that's not happening, we have the freedom and ability to adjust. We want Destiny to be your home however you want to play and hit 100. You may never want or need to buy a rank. We just want our community to be able to play together as easily as possible and narratively be part of the Destiny world as it changes.
Oh, I seen it, it doesn't sound too bad, but I'll wait and see how it's like in real life experience too. I just hope it isn't too punishing if you miss a week or 2, as without something like a weekly challenge system I can see you having to pay if you want to catch up.

Last edited:

grosso_modo

Jun 8, 2018
Uh, do Bungie got any word about possible steam market integration? Making stuff tradeable would be a huge power play.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So the new Legendary armor will have god rolls locked behind the season pass. You can still get the armor set in free Destiny, but it'll only be base stats. Not sure how I feel about that.

Nah, it says that the god rolls are locked behind activities, not the season pass.

The Legendary armor and weapons that come with the free Seasonal Ranks are like sampler platters for the Season Pass. If you want to find the best stat rolls for that armor, you will need to play the Seasonal activity and get the drops.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
At least the battle pass seems to be included with the season pass. Another studio would have made it a separate purchase.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is giving me serious Era pre-Forsaken threads deja vu. Swarms of users who read the headline and proceed to shitpost, lovely.
Seasonal stuff sounds fine, what I'm concerned with is this:

That's a ridiculous time investment for 10 ranks out of 100.
Not really. 10% for 1, 2 even 3 days of playtime on a Season that lasts 10 weeks is plenty.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I think it works considering the player count and how its been a top seller on steam alone since announced. I think you just need to try harder with your posts.. they are VERY low effort.. it feels like a toddler is writing them for you

Just ignore him.

All Destiny haters now a days are just pathetic fools who look dumber when posting about how much they don't like the game. NO ONE CARES.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
This all sounds just fine to me. A constant investment path each season you choose to participate in and if you want to pony up and get rewards faster you can. Bungie is independent now so I don't see how anyone can be surprised by this development.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I saw this and am strongly considering deleting the game from my PS4. They've gone full F2P now for this game.

This isn't any different than how the game currently works, so I don't see why. If you buy the season then you get the pass with it. It's more content for no additional cost. I really don't see the problem.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The seasonal activity is the Black Garden activity which is only available with the season pass.

Oh, that's what you meant. I thought you were talking about getting it from the Pass itself.

In that case it's no different from the Menagerie or Forge weapons and armor you can only get if you own the season.

Hell, it's better then that because at least now you can get the gear. Just not the best roll.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The seasonal activity is the Black Garden activity which is only available with the season pass.
Yes, but just purchasing the season doesn't get you the higher-level rolls. You still have to earn them in the seasonal activity, same as ever.

This isn't all that different from how the last few seasons have worked. You still had to pay to be able to access things like the Forges and earn their related gear. Only now, you can get some of that content for free, just at a lower level. If anything, this is a better system than what we've had-- and what we had was already pretty decent.

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, that's what you meant. I thought you were talking about getting it from the Pass itself.

In that case it's no different from the Menagerie or Forge weapons and armor you can only get if you own the season.

Hell, it's better then that because at least now you can get the gear. Just not the best roll.
Yea its always been like this though.. nothing new. Seasonal activities are locked behind season passes. The only diff now is bungie is giving more free loot to people who don't own the pass.
Yeah and I really don't mind if the pass is only 10 bucks.