• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How many?

• 1-5

Votes: 490 46.2%
  • 6-10

Votes: 320 30.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 107 10.1%
  • 16-20

Votes: 51 4.8%
  • 21-25

Votes: 21 2.0%
  • 26-30

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • More than 30

Votes: 62 5.8%

• Total voters

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Tennis shoes for casual and the gym
Hightop vans (love these, my fave)
non-high top vans (unsure what to call them)
boots
flip flops
dress shoes

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have two pairs of converse boots, two pairs of knee high black boots, dress shoes I never wear, and sandals.

… oh and ill advised heelys

Seven pairs of shoes.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I voted 21-25 but it might be 26-30?
2 pairs of sneakers
2 heels
2 flats
steel toed safety shoes
2 old crocs
a pair of grubby old shoes for mowing the lawn
3 kinds of boots
3 indoor slippers (lighter ones for summer, warmer ones for winter)
and probably a dozen pairs of cheap flip flops in different colors (it's florida, I wear flip flops all the time)

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
30 sneakers all yeezys and Jordan's (1s, 4s, 5s, 6s)

Ive had more but sold a bunch to consolidate
I own 1 pair of running shoes and 1 pair of dressy shoes, 1 slipper, 1 slide

Need more dressy shoes I think, or some casual dressy shoes

Last edited:

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Since we're including slippers and loafers, 6-10. Have loafers for indoors, slippers for outside, then a handful of shoes to wear going out.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I finally got a pair of Jordan 4's which is something I've wanted since I was like 15 lol. So that brings my current collection to...... 4. I recently moved abroad permanently and decided to leave all the pairs I don't wear regularly back in the US. including sandals I have 6.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Currently:

1x Monochrome Black Converse All Star
1x Yeezy 350 Dazzling Blue
1x Chelsea Boots
1x Crocs (to be used exclusively inside home)
2x Adidas Sneakers (One Ultra Boost, one basketball)
1x Football boot
1x Timberland Waterproof Boot

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Uhhh...

Work shoes, flip flops, 2 pairs of water shoes, and my hiking boots.

I had a pair of sneakers but they were old and I wore through thr bottom after my trips to NYC and PA. I need a new pair soon.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I have 5 pairs of shoes, and how I use them)

Merrell Moab 2 Black (Work)
7160lGWc1vL._AC_UX500_.jpg

Merrell Moab 2 (General wear/hiking)
merrell-moab-2-ventilator-zapatillas-de-senderismo-hombre-marron-nogal-40-eu-hombre-nogal-06c5-600.jpg

Merrell Moab 2 mid (hiking)

281878_23863_XL.jpg

Merrell Tactical (Work)
71QyrF3d7jL._AC_UX679_.jpg

I'm someone who primarily wears boots, and the Moab 2 has been my goto shoe for years now.

At work, black is one of our shoe color of choice, so I got the black ones to wear at work.

I'm very much a creature of habit, so I'll tend to stick with something when I find something I like.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought two more pairs but will probably use them to donate some older shoes back to Goodwill or The Salvation Army.

(1) Red Wing Construction Work Boots
(3) Pairs of Running Shoes -- two older pairs for walking the dog and general dirty activities, one pair for active running. All are variations of the Adidas Ultra Boost.
(2) Pairs of Casual Sneakers - actually these are identical but in different levels of use, I bought a second pair because I liked the first pair so much. Adidas NMD line.
(2) Pairs of Dress Shoes - one pair is a lighter brown, one pair is a darker brown. Florsheim.
(1) Pair of Soccer Cleats - rarely used except for kickball. Pretty cheap Nikes.
(1) Teva Sandles - for pool and beach use.
(1) LL Bean Slippers - the nice mocassin slippers for cold weather.

Just bought a pair of fancy white work loafers from Thursday Boot Company that I can use in the office and a hybrid running shoe/casual wear shoe to be used on treadmills from Cole Hahn. I would probably have actual hiking boots if I lived anywhere near mountains or snow as well.

Last edited:

LeGrandBouquetBlanc

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2022
let's see I got a pair from my ex that I wear for taks i'll get dirty doing, work shoes for when I go in the office once a week and for fancy times, new running shoes from my bff for when i'm strolling so that's 3. don't have room where i'm renting rn to store tons of shoes so i gotta keep it limited.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
I wear the same pair of black work/walking shoes every day. If I need to dress up a bit I take a wet rag and clean the dirt off of them. After 6 months to a year I get a new pair and the old pair gets relegated for use in the backyard so the main pair doesn't get as dirty.

I also have a pair of hiking shoes which have the better traction that is required when I'm off on a trail. So 3 total pairs of shoes.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
uh... seven? I think?
  • extremely beaten-to-shit burgundy adidas sl72
  • dark blue puma whirlwind
  • off-white/blue onitsuka tiger
  • black/white/neon blue adidas silas slr
  • red/black adidas bermuda
  • black dress shoes
  • brown dress shoes
most are a little old at this point, I should probably get rid of a couple and replace them

Womble

Banned
Apr 15, 2022
I dont get why some of you have so many? What do you do with them? I have 4 out of necessity.

Black non-slip shoes for work (nurse)
Old pair I use for when I know I am doing something I don't want to mess up my going out pair (formally my older going out pair).
Pair for going out and about where I know they won't get dirty / ruined
Mountain bike specific shoes for gripping pedals.

Dealer A

Jan 13, 2018
Everyday sneakers
Crocs
Flip Flops
MTB Flats
Road bike clipless
GTX hiking boots
Very nice dress wedding type shoes
Casual nice date type shoes
Ski boots

I could probably get rid of one "nice" category shoes, but not sure where else I could make a cut. I wear them all.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019

Sandals for home yards
3 sneakers
1 for workout/job
2 for formal/business casual/interview etc

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
7 sneakers/running shoes
5 boots
3 dress shoes
5 athletic shoes (cleats, etc)
5 sandals/flip flops
3 slippers

So 28 unless I'm missing some (which I could be).

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I buy a new pair of Skechers every 6-8 months. I'm not much of a shoe person. I get whats comfortable and use them until they're no longer comfortable.

Three pairs of the same $150 headphone? Sure. A second pair of shoes... Who am I, the Monopoly guy?

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
I dont get why some of you have so many? What do you do with them? I have 4 out of necessity.

variety is the spice of life as they say. i genuinely enjoy wearing shoes based on how they look with an outfit, it's just a bit of good ol fashioned vanity in my case tbh. i think it's mostly harmless.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Two pairs of running shoes, three casual sneakers, a pair of loafers, and two pairs of boots.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Climate plays a big part in it I would say. We have four distinct seasons that each require different shoes (with some overlap). Add in specialty shoes for things like sports, working out, yard work, etc. and they add up quickly.

Oct 29, 2017
for my vacation I packed.
1 pair of ferragamo sneakers
1 pair of Gucci Loafers
1 pair of Nike running shoes
1 pair of Driving shoes
1 pair of slides
1 pair of Crocs
I need to change how many pairs of shoes I own.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Around 11 to 15. Some of them are very old but i still wear them.

I have two pairs of converse, one black and one black and white.
I have three pairs of vans, one grey, one blue, and one white.
I have a pair of shoes to go with a suit.
I have a pair of "office" casual shoes.
I have a pair of running shoes.
I have a pair of hiking shoes.
I have a pair of blundstones for the rain.
I have one pair of calf high sorels for the winter.
I have a pair of redwing ice cutters for the winter and when the snow is low.
I have a pair of wieghtlifting shoes for the gym.
i have a pair of addidas ultraboosts that are my daily drivers.
I have a pair of quicksilver sandals for vacation.
I have apair of espadrilles for vacation.

I walk everywhere and dont have a car. Ive collected all these shoes over the past 20 years or so. Some are pretty old and some are pretty new.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I counted 6.

1x nice pair
1x athletic
1x sneakers (old and cheap from maybe 15 years ago, still have them, yet never wear them)
1x lounge/bedroom slippers
2x boots (1 hiking and 1 steel toe)

boomroasted

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't done inventory in a bit, but probably over 150.

Mostly retro Jordan/Nike. Probably have 25 pairs of Jordan 1s alone.

Need to sell some off, but that will likely result in me buying other pairs I missed out on.

Oct 27, 2017
2 pairs of vans skate shoes
1 pair of vans slip ons
2 pairs of adidas skate shoes
1 pair of adidas tennis shoes
2 pairs of nike running shoes
1 pair of converse low tops
2 pairs of dress shoes

i go through skate shoes really quick, at least 2 pairs a year. running shoes last me ages. dress shoes too since i only wear them at work and at special events/occasions. i haven't owned a pair of basketball shoes since high school, i'm not a "collector" of shoes. that being said i don't even own a pair of boots and should really buy a pair before fall/winter.

Last edited:

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
I have 5

Normal sneakers
Dress shoes
Flip flops
Boots for work
Fire boots for emergency response

If you don't count my work shoes then I've only got three. I just can't fathom the need for dozens of pairs of shoes

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
8 if I include sandals and my crocs. I should really throw away one of my running shoes. Two pairs of running shoes, a pair for tennis, hiking shoes, rain/snow boots, formal shoes. I guess I should include my snowboard boots but I'm too old nowadays (plus lift tickets are too expensive) and I'll just give it to my nephew.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I wear crocs 99% of the time but they aren't suitable for hiking or playing squash sooo total like 3 excluding crocs I guess?

Smart shoes for weddings / funerals etc - Hiking boots - Comfy trainers for squash / sport whatevers.

Yea crocs for literally everything else - I wear those until they die and by another pair.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017

Two pair of boots, one of wich i bought 2 years ago that i'm yet to use and one pair of crappy sneakers. I'm basically only using the same pair of boots all the time.