• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How many?

• 1-5

Votes: 490 46.2%
  • 6-10

Votes: 320 30.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 107 10.1%
  • 16-20

Votes: 51 4.8%
  • 21-25

Votes: 21 2.0%
  • 26-30

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • More than 30

Votes: 62 5.8%

• Total voters

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Let's include anything that fits on your feet...sandals, flip flops, loafers, sneakers, swim shoes, snow boots, crocs....etc...

I think I have around 16 total.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
3. Everyday sneakers, workout sneakers, and some dress casual shoes.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in the 11-15 range, that includes dress shoes, nice boots, hiking boots, casual wear, etc.

edit: there might be more than 16 around here now that I think about it.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

- Two pairs of running shoes (one is nearing ready to throw out)
- Two pairs of boots (a smaller comfy pair and a pair that are bigger and heavier duty for deeper snow)
- One pair of dress shoes that I haven't worn in a few years
- One pair of sandals that I haven't worn yet

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

Regular shoes
Running shoes
Gym shoes
Hiking boots
Dress shoes
Indoor slippers
Outdoor slippers

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Over a dozen, I guess? I've never counted them but I'm sure there are more than I think.

Couple of pairs of mocs, some sandals, a few running shoes, hiking boots, winter boots, a few pairs of dress shoes, etc.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
40+. 42 to be exact I think. Mostly retro Jordans and Nikes with a few pairs of dress shoes.

Completely unnecessary, but I love sneakers lol and my office thankfully has no dress code about shoes so I'm able to actually wear them to work.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Sneakers, a second pair of cleaner sneakers, dress shoes, and work boots.

I need to toss my main sneakers and buy a new pair, but It's so incredibly hard to find some that I like.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I've got 4 pairs of dress shoes(ranging from casual to black tie), 5 pairs of Sandels/Slides/Crocs, and 18 pairs of sneakers. I probably buy a new pair of sneakers 4-5 times a year and I'll keep them for maybe 4 years before donating them

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
5 total

2 pairs of dress shoes, sandals, yard work shoes, and everyday sneakers.

Everyone else in the house has way more than me

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Flip flops, sandals, slippers, dressy sneakers, low tops, two pairs of hi tops, running shoes, hiking shoes, heavy-duty boots, casual slip-on shoes, formal wear shoes...I think that's it? 12.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017

latest pair of sneakers (probably 3-4 years old, look brand new)
dress (probably 8ish years old, I've been work from home for almost 5 years and will likely never buy another pair)
slip ons (comfy ones for walks or can wear in the lake due to the type of material)
shitty old sneakers for yard work (my sneakers go here when they get replaced and the old ones get thrown out)

Each of my daughters have, jesus, like 20 pair each? And my wife has 3x that. It's fucking crazy bullshit IMO but whatever. They love shoes!

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
1 for outside work, 1 for everything else but I keep wearing them when I do outside work, so really just 2 for outside work I guess. Got some water shoes in the mail coming tomorrow.

I tend to buy a new pair of shoes like every 5+ years lol.

Edit: probably have some sneaker/"dress" looking shoes from when I worked but damn if I know where

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
I haven't counted my collection but somewhere north of 50-60.

I love to collect shoes.

My most recent purchases are the Salehe Bembury Crocs and Jordan 4 Infrareds.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
Slippers
Sneakers
Running shoes
Dress shoes
Short boots
Rain boots
Snow boots
Kitchen shoes

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
3. Sneakers, sandals, and slippers.

I also own a pair of dress shoes, but I don't count them since they no longer fit me.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
-Everyday shoes with a hole that I need to throw away
-New every day shoes to replace ones with hole
-Slippers
-Sandals
-Hiking shoes
-2x dress shoes

So that's 7, which is more than I expected, but will only be 6 once I throw away the set with a hole.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
4 - shoes, sneakers, flip-flops, slippers. Though I do need to pick up a pair of dress shoes for an upcoming wedding.

Oct 27, 2017

Regular work shoes.
Sneakers
Sandals
Dress shoes

Most of those barely see any use, so I can't ever see myself owning more than that.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
2 pair sneakers - Yard work pair and a nice/clean pair
2 pair dress shoes - brown and black pair
2 pair sandals - Yard pair and a nice/clean pair
1 pair water shoes - For certain outdoor water activities

7 total

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
2 pairs everyday shoes, winter/summer
1 pair outdoor/adventuring boots
1 pair running shoes
2 pairs jandals (front of house/back of house)
1 pair dress shoes
2 pairs indoor slippers, winter/summer

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Two pairs of sneakers, one pair of boots and one pair of dress shoes and one pair of slippers.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I counted about 17–18, including everything. Of those, there are:
  • maybe a half-dozen I wear regularly (casual sneakers, beater sneakers for yardwork and the like, hiking/trail shoes, casual leather shoes, a couple different sandals),
  • about that many more that are more occasional/special purpose (a couple pairs of dress shoes, hiking boots, rubber boots),
  • and the rest are just old shoes I don't wear anymore but haven't bothered to get rid of yet.

Last edited:

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
19, apparently. That includes several old pairs of sneakers and flip-flops that I really should just throw away, plus a couple boxes of brand new sneakers to replace my everyday ones when they wear out. (The Skechers outlet store near me seems to always be doing a buy-one-get-one-50%-off deal, so I've stocked up on those when I could.)

10 pairs of slip-on sneakers
3 pairs of gym shoes
2 pairs of flip-flops
2 pairs of Chuck Taylors
1 pair of dress shoes
1 pair of slippers

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
1 pair of slippers I rarely wear.
1 pair of wellies I rarely wear.
3 pairs of hiking shoes. 1 decent pair of boots that became my daily work wear 1 high end pair of boots that are exclusively for hiking and 1 pair of shoes for local walks.
1 pair of sketchers that were for every day use but have been increasingly worn to work.
1 pair of safety shoes I bought for work but are too uncomfortable.
1 really nice pair of leather boots for when I want something a that looks a little nicer.

The only thing I'm really "missing" is a proper pair of dress shoes but I can't remember the last time I really needed a pair.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB

One pair of all black converse low tops and some shoes I bought for my sister's wedding last year.

To be honest converse all stars are too narrow and im pissed that Keds stopped making men's shoes. The converse are falling apart at the toe so I need to replace them this week.

I don't count the shoes I wear at work. They stay by at work and work provide them so whatever.

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
5. Tennis shoes, work/dress shoes, yard work tennis shoes, a pair of Vans high tops, and a pair of cowboy pots.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
5 right now

my most used ones are the ones i use for everyday use and my work shoes. the other are another pair of tennis shoes i rarely use and 2 pair of boots i sometimes use when i go out.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

2 x dress shoes
2 x casual sneaker
4 x athletic sneaker
1 x flip flop
1 x "old shoe" for anything where I'm going to get dirty like a creek cleanup or whatever

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

Daily sambas
Running shoes
Brown dress shoes
Black dress shoes
Sandals
Work boots
Winter boots
Cycling cleats
Soccer cleats
Baseball cleats

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
1 pair of "nice" shoes.
3 pairs of sneakers.
4 different loafers/store brand crocs etc.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
1x casual sneakers
1x outdoor basketball sneakers
1x indoor basketball sneakers
1x running shoes for working out
2x dress shoes
1x sandals
1x snow boots

So 8

Seems high to me, I really only use 3 on a consistent basis (daily casual sneakers, indoor basketball sneakers, and dress shoes for work) and not surprisingly those are the ones I should be changing every couple years