ara

Oct 26, 2017
0. The only time I ever take naps is when I have a massive hangover, and I haven't had one of those in a while. I don't like napping, I just feel groggy for a while and then it's back to however I was feeling pre-nap.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've probably had maybe ten naps in my entire adult life. I'm in my forties. I suspect that's low. It's neither here nor there tho. Guess I'm just not sleepy during the day. In college I did the head-snap-awake doze a couple of times.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't nap. If I take a nap I end up feeling horrible. I wake up feeling like I'm in a dream state and I wake up at a weird hour in the middle of the night after I go to bed.

I take naps nearly every day, but if I take too long of one I feel shitty and exhausted the rest of the day. The trick is going for that 20ish minute power nap. The way I do it is to keep a light on and use a recliner instead of all out laying down in bed or on the couch. When I stick to that shorter nap, I feel energized for the rest of the day.

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
0. The last nap I took was during my college thesis year, in 2013. I have always had sleeping issues getting to bed and naps always messed up my internal clock.

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
I pretty much never nap unless I'm feeling sick. My wife tends to nap daily though.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I take naps nearly every day, but if I take too long of one I feel shitty and exhausted the rest of the day. The trick is going for that 20ish minute power nap. The way I do it is to keep a light on and use a recliner instead of all out laying down in bed or on the couch. When I stick to that shorter nap, I feel energized for the rest of the day.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how I lay or for how long. I can take a 10 minute nap and feel like I'm still dreaming. It's hard to explain. I just avoid them altogether now.

Deleted member 412

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would do it daily for 90 minutes or so—one sleep cycle—after lunch, and then sleep for 6 hours in the night. I loved it, but now I have a job that makes this impossible. So naps nowadays are rare and haphazard, which means I will just wake up groggy and feeling shit for the next 3 hours. There's not point for me in doing it unless it's in a controlled manner.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Every time I wake up from a nap I feel worse than I did before I slept. Yet I still do it maybe three times a week.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't take any naps. I feel it disrupts my sleep schedule too much so I just power thru the tiredness and sleep at night. I'm 31.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Probably like 2 or 3 a month? Sometimes it hits me in the early afternoon or just after dinner and I gotta go down for like 60-90 minutes. I'm 31.

I also gotta sleep like 8+ hours a night (10 is the ideal). So jealous of some of you able to get it done on 6h of sleep. I'm miserable if I only get that much sleep.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Late 30s, and never. I've got a kid, so taking a nap while he's napping on the weekends would feel like a colossal waste of time, despite my body telling me I should.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
0, I wish I had the time as I seem to function on only 4 hours sleep a night. Constantly tired and walking up 3 times a night is not fun.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
On average I would say 0. I used to nap a lot when I was younger, but I don't nap anymore. I prefer to sleep in, instead of nap.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
A lot! In the double digits per week so multiply that by 4 or 5 weeks. Usually it is just for an hour but sometimes like today it was over 2 if I really tired. It is usually before or after work. Before work if I didn't get enough sleep and after if I had a lot to do that day.

tl;dr about 40

robox

Nov 10, 2017

i only take a nap when i'm sick
on the other hand, my mom naps twice a day

Tamath

Oct 31, 2017
Vienna, Austria
30 years old, zero.

Even if I have a bad night the night before, I can't get to sleep during the day (or if I go to bed really early). The few times I've tried I just lie there with my eyes shut and feel really out of it for a while after I give up.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
30+, but I work night shifts and napping is my regular sleep pattern. I typically nap for a few hours in the morning and a few more in the evening. I rarely sleep more than 5-6 hours at a time unless it's a weekend.

I'm 30 years old.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
I took an afternoon kip for about an hour last summer at a hotel as the place was so relaxing. That's the only time I can recall since probably the 90s. 45 years of age.

I generally get 6-8 hours of kip a night.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
I had a 90 minute nap one afternoon last week after several nights of minimal sleep caused by (minor) illness, it was glorious. First quality nap in about a decade.

I want to train myself to nap on long journeys, being awake all the way from the UK to Australia was no fun.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Less than 1 a month, maybe less than 1 every 6 months even.

I'm freelance so I choose my hours. When I get that tired I just schedule a day off and sleep late.

My usual bedtime is midnight. Sometimes I'll fall asleep early like 7-9pm, but I'll sleep through till morning then so they're not naps.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
30+, but I work night shifts and napping is my regular sleep pattern. I typically nap for a few hours in the morning and a few more in the evening. I rarely sleep more than 5-6 hours at a time unless it's a weekend.

I'm 30 years old.
At that point I'm not sure I'd really consider it napping? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biphasic_and_polyphasic_sleep

I inadvertently ended up on a triphasic schedule once for a few days, sleeping like 3 hours for every 4 or 5 hours of wake time. It was pretty rad actually, having that wide awake feeling around the clock (or at least, at more atypical hours). But it wasn't exactly practical to sustain that in reality.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
None, if i sleep during the day i can't sleep at night, my body only accept 5 hours of sleep total.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
0. I just can't sleep in any other time other than my regular bed time. And I come from the land of naps :(

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Most of the year, zero, but during the summer my work hours can get so extreme that naps replace normal sleep.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I used to take a nap after noon pretty much every day, but I kicked that habit a while ago and I'm much better for it.