• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
what made this bag trendy?

it looks like a piece of shit.
I will never understand why these or the Herschel backpacks got big. At least Canada Goose coats are functional as well being horrendously overpriced - I wouldn't buy one, but if I did it'd probably keep me warm. That bag doesn't even look useful.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
Just waiting until op finds out about chunky filas

kfcLZZs.png

Bonus points because I'm using a vintage meme.
Vintage? Nice try but that's clearly a boomer meme

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand why hydroflasks are status symbols. They're all over the place and they cost like $15.

Where are you seeing them for $15? They're usually closer to $40.

Expensive things are status symbols, doesn't matter what it is. You can buy a great Nalgene bottle for $10, or spend four times that for a nicer one with a recognizable logo.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Is sksksk thing the same as our "My ROFLCopter goes soi soi soi soi soi"?

It's more like... remember that cool looking S some people could draw even though it didn't mean anything? Except now kids don't use pencils or have any talent so this is the closest they can get to a shared culture.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is just talking ABOUT things that are cool and I'm still completely fucking lost.

Maybe I should get a cane.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I've never heard of this brand, maybe because I'm from the UK, but if gets people to stop buying plastic water bottles then thats good.

Kanken, I see those around a little. Not so much in my town, but definitely in London all over the place. I think they look nice enough, but man they are small and expensive.. A Jansport for way cheaper and with life time warranty please. I just looked on the Kanken site and WOW at some of the prices...

ÂŁ30 for a pencil case..
ÂŁ50 for a toiletry bag...
ÂŁ20 for a RAIN coat to go OVER your ÂŁ100 backpack..
ÂŁ50 laptop sleeve..

I just .. don't get it.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
The end result is fewer plastic bottles in landfill, net positive. We crave status, so make status about something that's a benefit to everyone.

I've done zero research on the bottle in question.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I drink out of a blender bottle to let everyone know i work out

i do not work out

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's starting to creep up at my school, the vsco girl stuff.

It's more like... remember that cool looking S some people could draw even though it didn't mean anything? Except now kids don't use pencils or have any talent so this is the closest they can get to a shared culture.
I teach block coding to K-5 kids, they still draw that super S.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Vsco sounds like a name brand prescription medication. What are the side effects? Should I consult my doctor?

Do not take Vsco if you are allergic to Vsco.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
What the fuck is a.....VSCO girl? This is literally the first time I have ever heard about this.. Man I am 33 but i feel like I'm pretty cool and hip and with it and on point but I'm confused. OH god. I'm an old man now aren't I
Don't worry, I'm 25 and I'm scratching my head as well.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
So what's a good water flask to get that keeps your water cool all day? Get this one, Yeti, some other brand that you don't have to pay for the label? I'm old so I don't need to be ultra trendy.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
That too. You might as well not go to school without a jansport/trapper keeper combo.

I don't see what's dumb about that. Butterfly yoy-os >>>
Man, those were the days. When a $20 yo-yo was what i was looking forward to
Oh man, I remember when glass or plastic transparent yoyos were the thing. Especially the ones that lit up or coca cola versions.

Then you had the kids whose parents got them a cheap solid color plastic version. Those poor poor kids.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Expensive things are status symbols, doesn't matter what it is. You can buy a great Nalgene bottle for $10, or spend four times that for a nicer one with a recognizable logo.

I bought one at Whole Foods a year ago. It wasn't more than $20.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
damn i didn't know hydroflasks were a status thing, my roommate got me one for my birthday a few years back and i just thought it was a nice sturdy bottle for my water needs

nomster

Oct 27, 2017

You can find plenty of better priced stainless vacuum insulated bottles but comparing these to Nalgene doesn't make sense. Those bottle don't keep anything cold and sweat.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
The worst part of having a mustache is getting it full of water from the office water fountain. This spurred the idea that I should probably take a water bottle to work.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I see a Yeti sticker on someone's SUV I always wonder how a fucking cooler became a cultural identity.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 30 and I'm feeling pretty comfortable with just giving up knowing what current internet things are

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Seems like a harmless trend, and overall pretty cheap compared to other stuff kids can be into.

You lucked out OP.

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017
I see these water bottles everywhere and it basically confined my suspicion that these are some sort of pricey status symbol. It's a water bottle. Is a specific brand really that big of a deal?
I don't feel like they're all that pricey. Lifetime warranty and it keeps your water cool (which is a big deal in the desert where I am).