Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Does this have an option to start the game with Burning Shores and a leveled character? I finished the game on PS5 and don't want to replay the entire game again.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I think you still need to reach a certain point in the story; it won't let me start the expansion from the main menu just yet.
Ah thanks. I guess if I grab the PC version, I'll need to download a completed save too. Wish it was like Cyberpunk where they offered a level 15 character to immediately start playing the expansion.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Does the main character ever stop talking? I don't remember this being such a thing in the first game, but like, I should pick up these plants, I could pull down this rope, I could jump into the water to drown myself OMG PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT'S HAPPENING ON THE SCREEN I CAN SEE THAT

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Does the main character ever stop talking? I don't remember this being such a thing in the first game, but like, I should pick up these plants, I could pull down this rope, I could jump into the water to drown myself OMG PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT'S HAPPENING ON THE SCREEN I CAN SEE THAT
They went into extreme chatty mode in this one

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, it's… a big problem with this one. She commentates every step she takes.

Boopers

Nov 1, 2020
Vermont usa
Seems to be a character-action genre thing. Jedi Survivor is like that, too.

I think she simmers down as the game goes on, though. I just reached the open world, and she's much more chill. I guess the devs figure we don't need as much guidance from her by then.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
FWIW, Aloy spent much of her life in isolation with nobody to talk to. It's not a stretch that she would vocalize her thoughts. Makes more sense to me in this game than other ones, in all honesty.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't always die to fall damage (haven't gotten the glider yet) but when I do it's because I double tapped a direction key and yeeted myself off a cliff.

Probably gonna have to disable those keybinds.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Seems to be a character-action genre thing. Jedi Survivor is like that, too.

I think she simmers down as the game goes on, though. I just reached the open world, and she's much more chill. I guess the devs figure we don't need as much guidance from her by then.

Yea I hope it's just a tutorial area thing. But it's a bit too much atm.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
gex-enter-the-gecko_10.jpg

how it feels playing as aloy

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition - Won by NaDannMaGoGo NaDannMaGoGo (25 entries)

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't decide if this is worth playing again for just the DLC that I never tried. How good does it really look?

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
she says something nearly everytime i pick up something.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I never minded how much Aloy spoke to herself. Although if I remember correctly, they patched the frequency of some lines for picking up stuff and placing it in her satchel.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It's baffling to me to see the first YouTube impressions doing everything wrong on the Deck.

Just stick with a methodology for Christ sake and show the options without FSR.

FSR Sucks in all options available

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Glad to see it seems to be a great PC port. I still would like to replay Zero Dawn and go through Frozen Wilds for the first time. So I'll try to resist buying this in the meantime if I can hold out.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I wonder if Sony will implement save importing from PS5 in their games. I could've started NG+ on PC and played Burning Shores.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind her talking to herself, just that she often would give away entire puzzle solutions lol
Yeah. I think that and the over reliance on the focus highlight a problem I have with Horizon. It's pretty but it'd be a nightmare to try and solve some of the puzzles without Aloy's commentary and constantly spamming the focus.

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020
I wonder if Sony will implement save importing from PS5 in their games. I could've started NG+ on PC and played Burning Shores.

Would be handy for these bigger games for sure. I'm in the same boat with Ghost. Finished the story, but never got around to the DLC. Don't mind starting over, but would be nice to be able to jump into the DLC right away if I wanted for something new.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Would be handy for these bigger games for sure. I'm in the same boat with Ghost. Finished the story, but never got around to the DLC. Don't mind starting over, but would be nice to be able to jump into the DLC right away if I wanted for something new.
Yeah or that, jumping into the DLC with a pre built character which is a really good feature in CDPR games. Ah well.

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
Very glad to hear this is running great on PC! Amazing to think how far we've come since the very first port of Zero Dawn all those years ago and how that ran.

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020
Yeah or that, jumping into the DLC with a pre built character which is a really good feature in CDPR games. Ah well.

Since moving mostly to PC, it's one thing I'd like to see more of. Repurchased a lot of games I half finished on other platforms, and it's always a pain starting over. Had no idea CDPR done that, it's pretty cool!

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Yea, I wish they would tone this down. Haven't played Forbidden West but even in the first one it was more common that I'd like.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How long would it take me to get to the DLC content if I just rushed everything else?

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
FWIW, Aloy spent much of her life in isolation with nobody to talk to. It's not a stretch that she would vocalize her thoughts. Makes more sense to me in this game than other ones, in all honesty.
Yea, maybe it's because I spend a lot of time by myself, and talk to myself a bunch in the process, but I find it to not really be that bad overall. I can understand it really bugging people though, it's really an either/or kinda thing.

MrMattamus

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Had this on PS5, but stopped playing as soon as the PC version was announced. Just going to start a new game there.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The chattiness in some of these games should honestly have a toggle. It can get very old, very quickly when your character narrates every little thing they're doing or want you to do. God of War Ragnarok is another recent offender with Atreus and Mimir.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I wish they would tone this down. Haven't played Forbidden West but even in the first one it was more common that I'd like.

I was dismayed with The Frozen Wilds when it was tuned to an absurd degree with the Shaman Path. Every single time you strayed from the intended path "oh, this is not it. I better turn around... right after picking up these sweet items!" Unironical parody level.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
At least the voice direction for her is better than in the 1st one. But ya she never stops talking