• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wait a second... The season is already over?

... Well now that I think about it.. There was the whole redneck stand off thing before Moscow.
Somehow it feels we're just halfway through

Kattbuss

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
That was a great season and a great finale.
And I must say, I much prefer a president that is spitting on people than a president who pees on people.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished up Season 7 and I must say, one of the best of the bunch. I've always considered that the show did well to find itself post-Broidy after S2 and S3, but it was especially evident this season how much it's managed to become an intriguing spy thriller without past baggage. If next season is indeed the last, it'll be a show that wrapped up with many more highs than lows in my opinion.

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait! There's a next season?
I was under the impressions that this season was the last one!

partyhat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I had given up on the show after season five due to lack of interest. Recently got the idea to at least checkout season 6 and enjoyed it, watched it in a couple weeks. Now just blasted through s7 and thought it was brilliant. Glad to hear it will end with season 8 though and hopefully the story is as compelling and they can come up a villain as good as Yevgeny.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this season tbh, it started off slow.

It does need to start wrapping up though, it's going on too long.

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
I have been disappointed with almost all the season finales in Homeland.

The writers just have no hope for humanity imho.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to catching up on this. Really entertaining season overall, lots of tense moments. Easily one of the better seasons in the whole series. I didn't realize that next season is planned to be the last, hopefully they pull out all the stops.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to catching up on this. Really entertaining season overall, lots of tense moments. Easily one of the better seasons in the whole series. I didn't realize that next season is planned to be the last, hopefully they pull out all the stops.

They've backtracked on this somewhat, so it might not be the last one after all.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Show really needs to end, Carrie is pretty much at Jack Bauer or John McClane levels of being involved in every major terrorist attack on the planet.

Carrie's goofy crying face always makes me laugh even in the saddest moments of the show

yXcUt5S.gif

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
As long as they can continue to find new and interesting ways to keep the story going, I'm all for the show going beyond season eight.

RedValkyrie

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as they can continue to find new and interesting ways to keep the story going, I'm all for the show going beyond season eight.
Me too.

The whole deep state, Russia stuff was extremely relevant these past two seasons.

I'm glad they finally brought back her mental illness back into the show as well.

Show really needs to end, Carrie is pretty much at Jack Bauer or John McClane levels of being involved in every major terrorist attack on the planet.

Carrie's goofy crying face always makes me laugh even in the saddest moments of the show

yXcUt5S.gif
But the whole point since the beginning of the show was that she was special. Her illness is what keeps her from reaching her full potential.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was known for some reason?

End of an era

I got into it right before I left for study abroad. I knew my pocket wifi had a data limit every day but one day i went twice over it and nothing happened so I continued to binge. A week later I got an email saying to cut that out immediately lmao

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Season 8 will be set in Afghanistan.

Production begins in February with an eye towards a summer premiere.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Damn. Thought that S8 had snuck up on me. Still far away.

I just finished watching Jack Ryan on Amazon so I'm in the mood for more CIA action.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Oddly enough I also finished Jack Ryan earlier this week and am sitting here watching episode 2 of Bodyguard. Looking forward to the next season of Homeland.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Jack Ryan was such a step down from Homeland. There was no nuance or depth to the characters or situation, and everything was telegraphed...

BUT, my wife was willing to watch it because loveable Jim Halpert was the star. It was her first of these kinds of shows and she was enthralled. I'm hoping it means she'll be more willing to watch Homeland with me. I have yet to watch S7 so we might do that together.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shout outs to Ratsky for the recommendation for Bodyguard. definitely hits some of the same notes as Homeland, for better or worse, but mostly for the better

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Not to go further off topic but...

HBO chief Richard Plepler "It's a spectacle. The guys have done six movies.'"

Only six movies.
You said GoT was on during the summer. It isn't. I don't care if each episode is 24 hours long - it isn't on during the summer.

Also, length means nothing. Walking Dead was consistently over an hour the last few seasons and sucked balls.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
6 movies worth of constant MacGuffin's, Deus Ex Machina's for days and the sound of facepalming at gaping plotholes around the world.

All this applies to Homeland, too.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Nimrat Kaur and Numan Acar, who had major recurring roles in Season 4, are rejoining the cast for the upcoming eighth and final season.

Kaur and Acar played Tasneem Qureshi, a member of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence, and Haissam Haqqani, a Taliban leader, respectively, in Season 4, which was set in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

per Deadline

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Claire Danes' husband, Hugh Dancy, has joined the cast of the final season!

The series' final season finds Carrie Mathison recovering from months of brutal confinement in a Russian gulag. Her body is healing, but her memory remains fractured – and that is a problem for Saul, now National Security Advisor to the newly ascendant President Warner. The top priority of Warner's nascent administration is ending the "forever war" in Afghanistan, and Saul has been dispatched to engage the Taliban in peace negotiations. But Kabul teems with warlords and mercenaries, zealots and spies – and Saul needs the relationships and expertise that only his protégé, Carrie, can provide. Against medical advice, Saul asks Carrie to walk with him into the lion's den… one last time.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Delayed again, this time to February 9. (the first actual release date they've given, so another delay is unlikely)

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I'm looking forward to it, always felt the show has been underrated due to the lackluster Season 2.