RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

The seventh season of Homeland will premiere on Sunday, February 11 at 9/8c. The season will consist of 12 episodes and has been renewed for an eighth season, which is being planned as the last.

As the season begins, Carrie has left her job in the White House and moved back to D.C. and is living with her sister Maggie to take on the Keane administration and secure the release of the 200 members of the intelligence community who were arrested under President Keane's orders the previous season.

Official Trailer

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was totally not on my radar at all, oops.

I didn't like the last season but willing to keep going if only because it maintains the smallest amount of entertainment.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The finale was bonkers last season. I have to watch now.

Trump watches TV right....oh dear.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot what happened at the end of last season. The president messed with Carrie or something?

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can it be Sunday already?

giphy.gif

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yass baby!!! Homeland's back!! Really loved last season, the ending was really striking. Gonna miss Quinn though.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How was season 6? People seem jaded with the last few seasons and I only finished season 5.

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
This show still exists? I can't remember when I quit. I think it was S3, or S4. There was a Muslim kid who may or may not have been a terrorist, Saul got captured...that's all I remember. I didn't finish the season.

S1 was amazing. S2 was a disaster. What I saw of S3 (I think) wasn't bad, I just lost interest...then I turn around and it's on season 7.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Need to watch the season in Germany one of these days, I never got around to seeing that one.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I have watched the entire series but can barely remember what the last season was about. Only thing I remember being devastated about
Peter

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Deadline - Homeland review

As Danes' ex-CIAer Carrie Mathison tries to free Mandy Patinkin's Saul Berenson and 199 other top-level members of the intelligence community rounded up by newly elected, once progressive and assassination-surviving President Keane (played again by the excellent Elizabeth Marvel), the proverb "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" results in some very unlikely bedfellows in what looks to be one of the strongest seasons yet from what I've seen.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, didn't realize this was starting so soon. Last season was pretty good overall.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The season premiere is tonight!

Enemy of the State

Season 7 begins with Carrie and Franny living with Maggie's family in D.C. Meanwhile, Saul and the federal employees detained after the attempt on the President-elect's life are in prison; and President Keane's administration comes under scrutiny.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
In for more Crazy Carrie shenanigans! I hope Dar Adal is still around, I find him very entertaining.

ashep

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. That's a dope poster

2. I'm only on season 5 so reading that synopsis HOW DID CARRIE FUCKIN MATHISON GET A JOB IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Last season was extremely relevant to the shit going on in the US right now. The scenes in the US-based troll HQ specifically. Interested to see where they go this season.

Deleted member 2842

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up on s6 yesterday. Ep1 of s7 is up on amazon and Hulu right now, gonna watch now.

Last edited:

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Totally forgot this was on, so glad it is back. The fact 24 is gone again makes me appreciate this show is back, even though I guarantee I will be pissing and moaning weekly in this thread.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Great episode, good to have Cray Cray Carrie Back

Is that Quinn?

Silentbomber

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like it just picked up exactly where it left off from season 6. Good episode, although I was a bit unsure what was happening with the man in the boot / meeting. I assume it is to leak info on Keane to the meda. Needs more Saul.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised you guys liked it, I hate the whole "Carrie doing stupid stuff" vibe, the whole meet up was such a bumble, for someone who is supposed to be this spy mastermind, you would think she would plan better than trying to convince a source 2 minutes before the meeting.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, Carrie browsing 4chan and then downloading a encryption ransomware is just amazing...

edit: Wait, is Carrie thinking she's "outsmarting" the dude by giving him a strip show as well.
This is so silly.

Though it is Homeland, after all...

Last edited:

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, Carrie browsing 4chan and then downloading a encryption ransomware is just amazing...

edit: Wait, is Carrie thinking she's "outsmarting" the dude by giving him a strip show as well.
This is so silly.

Though it is Homeland, after all...
That side plotline sure was something.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Carrie falling for a ransomware attack was the absolute dumbest shit I have ever seen on this show, and this show has had some DUMB shit. She's career CIA, the idea that she would be that stupid and have no countermeasures in place breaks logic.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it ticks the boxes of further bringing her mental state into question and getting Carrie to do something sexy to satisfy X % of viewers.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess it ticks the boxes of further bringing her mental state into question and getting Carrie to do something sexy to satisfy X % of viewers.

Just such lazy writing and basically an insult to her character development over 6 seasons.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just such lazy writing and basically an insult to her character development over 6 seasons.
Yeah, I agree. It's very strange watching a CIA agent fall for bait on what looked like /pol/ of all things. Made me think of sitcoms that mishandle serious or topical issues to the point where they're comical. Like the Saved By the Bell pills episode. But that seems to be a trending theme on Homeland now with the President and Alex Jones stand-in. No idea what they're actually trying to accomplish at this point.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
You found it silly because you are aware of this and how to prevent it
This show is for everyone. Talking about problems and what 2017 was about.

So a fellow citizen who don't work in those sectors will think "oh yeah! Ransomware! They talked about that in the news! Awesome, Homeland in on par with the news!"

Homeland talk about new fears we are living.
Of course CIA/FBI agents know some stuffs but...Carrie would be invincible.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
that 4Chan stuff was hard to watch because it was some of the worst writing in TV history. and it tried to be serious.

the cringe factor was maxed out there.