• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
OldSocksAndShoes Please delete that photo, i already said it was a mistake now you want to give my tired ass fucking nightmares?

Also, you owe this thread a historical snacc as a punishment,

Those are the rules, gotta balance out this nightmare

Charlotte Bronte was pretty cute:

CharlotteBrontePortrait.jpg

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like King Arthur.

(Yes, I'm aware his historical existence is heavily debated.)

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017
You defined snacc, but you didn't define historical. :P

Like does everyone who died before today count?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
aks-0000-hn-aks-101,1-1_Fixd.jpg

It's pretty funny googling young 20th century leaders for the memes and finding that some were actually pretty good looking. Here's Ayatollah Khomeini .

Oct 26, 2017
Amelia Earhart could fly me around the world any day.

Yall had to get one last hurrah in before the weekend ended.

Keio

Nov 5, 2017
I feel like Stalin was only fuckable for a short period. Or he just happened to come out looking good in that one photo.
Dqn_9TZX0AA6dbQ.jpg
Wait - he has an iPod headset?

Wait - no AirPods?

Wait - two sets?

And definitely not a flattering shot, this one. Wouldn't want to be the photographer. At least Adolf was very adamant all photos which had him in funny poses were to be destroyed, I wonder what Joe thought about this one...

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
lewis-powell-photo-u3
Lewis Powell, one of the men involved in the conspiracy to assassinate Abraham Lincoln and former confederate soldier (he also tried to assassinate a guy the same night as lincoln but failed lol)

dude looks like a fuckin' early 90s heartthrob with that hair, that jaw, those features
What

How the FUCK is this person from the 1800s

That photo doesnt even LOOK like it's from that century

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lewis-powell-photo-u3
Lewis Powell, one of the men involved in the conspiracy to assassinate Abraham Lincoln and former confederate soldier (he also tried to assassinate a guy the same night as lincoln but failed lol)

dude looks like a fuckin' early 90s heartthrob with that hair, that jaw, those features

Looks like an artsy pop album cover, Chainz of Love. His girl left him and he can't break free.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Do modern reinterpretations of historical figures without real "portraits" or photographs count because if so HOO HOO HOO boy, just... gonna point at the entirety of the Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Sengoku Basara, Warriors Orochi, and Fate casts (that are adults). Yes, even Dong Zhuo. I might not be personally attracted to a lot of them but they're all pretty good lookin'. Special mention to Samurai Warriors' Ranmaru, who made me go from "yeah I might like guys? No, wait, can't be right" to "yeah fucking love men".

As far as people who we know how they actually looked from detailed artistic renderings or we have photographs of? I always thought Audrey Hepburn, Shi Peipu, and Alexander the Great (based on this bust, the portrait of him we have is very... not "snacc"-y) were rather cute. I know a lot of people don't even know who Shi Peipu is, so, here:
Shi_Pei_Pu_%E6%97%B6%E4%BD%A9%E7%92%9E.jpg

Looking through some other historical portraits...

George Miller Bligh and Gainsborough Dupont are quite nice looking as well.
George_Miller_Bligh.jpg

original-28423-1424383464-11.jpg

Also honorable mention to Minamoto no Yoshitsune and Uesugi Kenshin. While there are no extant detailed potraits of them from when they were alive, contemporary accounts say they were very good looking- Kenshin in particular once being described as beautiful with a word apparently reserved for describing goddesses. So, that's a thing.