Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's good actually. Take the time and give the AC fans the game they deserve.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2023 or 2024 for Splatoon 3 seems right if it is a Switch 2 launch window game. We've only just past the 2nd anniversary of this console.

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
this. make the campaign not an after-thought. octo-expansion is the minimum of the quality 3's campaign should have.

I tore through the Octo Expansion and I still haven't finished the core single player campaign.

That said I think it's pretty clear the next campaign will be more in line with the Octo Expansion. That format works really well for Splatoon.,

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Yeah I figured as much. They probably want to make bigger changes.

They're not activision. They dont want to make incremental updates.

Luckily for me, I still havent played the campaign despite putting 400+ hours into multiplayer, so I have that still and the Octo Expansion to play.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Splatoon is probably the perfect launch title for a console.

Immense selling power in Japan, very good in the rest of the world. It's GaaS model also makes it adapt to stay relevant for a long period.

Launch title of Switch 2 it is for the sequel.

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
It would be cool to have a "what do you want in Splatoon 3" thread here on ERA but I guess it's too early for that?
Just stop limiting stages to a rotation and let me skip the announcements!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Splatoon 3 launch for Switch makes so much sense. They would have enough time to do it. Like I said earlier they have plenty of time to flesh things out. Should have over 3 years.

Zelda and Mario probably won't be able to make launch for a Switch 2.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i agree. with botw 2 coming and odyssey 2 coming likely a year later, new entries will probably not make it for the launch year of switch 2. i think mario kart 9 and splatoon 3 and metroid prime 4 will be enough tho.
I was hoping the game in your spoiler tag was the game I was thinking about lol.

Nintendo should always strive to have a big game for launch. I wonder though if they should make sure they have a big single player game close to launch or a launch title. Splatoon 3 and Metroid Prime 4 could work.

Oct 27, 2017
i agree. with botw 2 coming and odyssey 2 coming likely a year later, new entries will probably not make it for the launch year of switch 2. i think mario kart 9 and splatoon 3 and metroid prime 4 will be enough tho.

Don't put that spoiler tagged evil on us. MP4 is coming 2021 for the Switch at the latest

Good. Hopefully they find a way to add a legit local co-op element to the franchise. Only way I buy another one.
I'd say chances are likely you won't buy another one then lol

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I agree completely. If Mario and Zelda sequels are out by 2021, then it makes a lot less sense for them as Switch 2 launch games around 2023-ish than stuff like Splatoon 3 and Mario Kart 9.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
maybe switch 2 could have a new 2D mario as a launch window title too, but it needs to be a new style (not the "new" style) to be a big deal.

Oct 27, 2017
I agree completely. If Mario and Zelda sequels are out by 2021, then it makes a lot less sense for them as Switch 2 launch games around 2023-ish than stuff like Splatoon 3 and Mario Kart 9.
Both Zelda and 3D Mario have histories of multiple entries on the same console. I don't see any reason to expect them to be launch titles for the Switch 2, just because a few of them have been on past systems. I do see Mario Kart 9, Splatoon 3 and some big single player game being the foundation of the Switch 2's launch through 6 months/1 year

maybe switch 2 could have a new 2D mario as a launch window title too, but it needs to be a new style (not the "new" style) to be a big deal.
I think even Nintendo has realized that style is trash if Mario Maker 2 is any indication >_>

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure they're done with the New series. Mario Maker 2 was the end of it as I see. Now Nintendo can make a new 2D Mario Adventure game.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure they're done with the New series. Mario Maker 2 was the end of it as I see. Now Nintendo can make a new 2D Mario Adventure game.
No reason to think that.

Those games sold way more than 3d mario ever did, are not expensive to make. They just said way back only 1 per platform. You got your one, now you gotta wait

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can still play Splatoon 2 after the Final Splatfest lol. The servers aren't being shut down and all copies of the game won't suddenly self-terminate.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think even Nintendo has realized that style is trash if Mario Maker 2 is any indication >_>
i hope mario can have it's cuphead moment. not necessarily having the same style, just a truly 2D, hand-animated game.

You can still play Splatoon 2 after the Final Splatfest lol. The servers aren't being shut down and all copies of the game won't suddenly self-terminate.
even the servers for splatoon 1 are still up, and you can get a match going pretty quickly from what i hear.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i hope mario can have it's cuphead moment. not necessarily having the same style, just a truly 2D, hand-animated game.

even the servers for splatoon 1 are still up, and you can get a match going pretty quickly from what i hear.
They already did and yall didn't buy it

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No reason to think that.

Those games sold way more than 3d mario ever did, are not expensive to make. They just said way back only 1 per platform. You got your one, now you gotta wait
I have good reason to think it's done. Yeah they outsold 3D Mario on Nintendo's most casual systems ever, which was at a crazy rate. On Wii U and 3DS the 2D and 3D Mario game are right there with each other. That series is over.

It's a gut thing and I know Nintendo is moving on now from "New" Mario. The series is ready for a refresh.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good.

Nintendo need to keep their "service" or hobby games once per gen, and Splatoon needs a bit of a rethink. I loved Splatoon 2 but it was basically Splatoon 1.5 with a worse hub.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Okay, if they announce a spinoff soon I'll believe you Nogami-san.
He says they haven't thought about the future of Splatoon 3 yet we have a 4 day Spletfast with a theme pretty much written for the next entry... I honestly don't believe Splatoon 3 will come with the Switch 2, that'd mean that Splatoon 2 on minimum would need to live on their own (without events and big updates that is) for 3 more years and simply would be the death of the franchise. Next year, or early 2020 at the latest.

Oct 27, 2017
They already did and yall didn't buy it

I remember that, but I don't like Wario unless it involves his Wares :(

that'd mean that Splatoon 2 on minimum would need to live on their own (without events and big updates that is) for 3 more years and simply would be the death of the franchise. Next year, or early 2020 at the latest.
Are you serious right now? Is Mario Kart dead in that case??? Splatoon doesn't need constant updates to survive. Splatoon 1 is still thriving and Splatoon 2 has always just seen spikes around splatfests and returned to a normal baseline afterwards. It'll do just fine

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Yeah, I do go back and forth and it mainly depends on when Switch 2 comes. I could see it as a cross gen title too.

People seem dead set on the same old 5 year life cycle but ya'll forgetting the 3DS is only just winding down. The Switch is a success so I don't see the Switch 2 coming out for a LONG time.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
that'd mean that Splatoon 2 on minimum would need to live on their own (without events and big updates that is) for 3 more years and simply would be the death of the franchise
really? i think it'll be fine. all they need is a spin-off in a year or two and then splatoon 3 for the launch of switch 2.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, if they announce a spinoff soon I'll believe you Nogami-san.
He says they haven't thought about the future of Splatoon 3 yet we have a 4 day Spletfast with a theme pretty much written for the next entry... I honestly don't believe Splatoon 3 will come with the Switch 2, that'd mean that Splatoon 2 on minimum would need to live on their own (without events and big updates that is) for 3 more years and simply would be the death of the franchise. Next year, or early 2020 at the latest.
"Death of the franchise".

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how long Splatoon 2 is going to stay active.

I expect to at least see some kind of spin-off before the Switch is through though.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
The final splatfest will likely determine the direction of the sequel. Like how Splatoon 1 did for 2.

Lets hope Order wins...

Wish they had some other spinoff to go with in the meantime though