Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sort-of surprised they're ceasing the Splatfests, then. I wonder if there's any possibility that 5.0 will bring in some new form of communal event.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not starting yet is good since it gives them time to style the third game off the Final Fest results

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon 3 will probably fully start after AC. But I'm sure they are also waiting til after this Splatfest for the direction they want to go into.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, we knew lots of key staff were shared with the animal crossing team, so obviously?

Dunno why a few people thought otherwise, honestly.

May 21, 2019
None of this is really news imo especially given Animal Crossing. Basically standard stuff. Nogami wasn't going to reveal anything to Famitsu, even if something was in the works.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Not surprising, to be honest. See you on the Switch's successor, Splatoon 3.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I think Splatoon 2 is all we need for now. They can repackage it next year with the Octo Expansion included and continue selling it for the rest of the generation.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh, so they were busy with AC. hopefully this puts to rest the speculation that splatoon 3 may be a switch title. it'll be 100% worked on as a launch-year title for switch 2.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As expected. They don't have the manpower at EPD to be doing anything beyond early preproduction. Though I imagine that there is a spin off in development by another company that will bridge the gap somewhat

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine that they're 100% on animal crossing right now (Same internal dev team).
I mean, we knew lots of key staff were shared with the animal crossing team, so obviously?

Dunno why a few people thought otherwise, honestly.
AC and Splatoon have two different project leads. Aya Kyogoku is working on New Horizons, while Yusuke Amano will likely be moving onto a new project now.

I wasn't expecting Splatoon 3 anytime soon anyway.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where's that one dude at who would pat his fucking back all the time with repeating Splatoon 3 was coming next year, when it made little sense.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
You know what though, they shouldn't be stopping the Splatoon 2 train if they aren't working on the next one.

Would love another awesome DLC like Octo.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yep, this is what I expected. Still think a spin-off could release on the Switch, but, as i've said for months, a numbered sequel is years away.

Where's that one dude at who would pat his fucking back all the time with repeating Splatoon 3 was coming next year, when it made little sense.
lol; i'm glad I was far from the only person to think of them.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A spin-off made sense. That's where this series needs to go. Splatoon 3 saved for the next system.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine they'd go "no more content updates and no more Splatfests. Next Splatoon content is out 6 years after the release of Splatoon 2"

Pictured a spin off of sorts coming out in the near future. Guess we'll see

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. I expected that they would be all hands on-deck for Animal Crossing.

Time for Splatoon spinoffs then.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Splatoon 3 ain't coming til "Switch 2."

Maybe the team can create another awesome new IP in the meantime. Or a Splatoon spinoff I guess.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we get another single player DLC. Splatoons should be like Mario Karts imo - one per generation is plenty.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Hyped for the Splatoon idol/rythym game coming to the Switch eShop in 2020.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting how Nintendo treats their different franchises.

Namely that they're physically incapable of having a fiscal year without a game with Mario's face on it, but they seem perfectly willing to have one Splatoon per system.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Next gen switch with MK9, new 3D zelda, Splatoon 3 and New 3D Mario in its first year would be wonderful.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
It's time for Splatoon to take it's place among Nintendo's roster of B-tier, once a generation franchises.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting how Nintendo treats their different franchises.

Namely that they're physically incapable of having a fiscal year without a game with Mario's face on it, but they seem perfectly willing to have one Splatoon per system.
It is because their Mario games are covering different genres.

Likewise, a Splatoon spin-off can happen sooner rather than later.