Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I read SahBabii, my brain reads it in the pronounciation of Sai Baba (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sai_Baba_of_Shirdi and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba). My asians, specifically Indians will know who these Sai Babas are.
saibaba.png

220px-Bhagawan_Sri_Sathya_Sai_Baba.jpg

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Honestly those leaked Kendrick tracks are better than most shit ive heard this year.

Really like the TPAB/DAMN leftovers

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
So that tour bus shooting, I never really followed that news. But weren't Birdman and Wayne "friends" again at some point after their whole feud began?

So seemingly Birdman wanted him killed, but why? It's not like he paid Wayne anyway in the end.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I mean Wayne had been dissing Cash Money / Birdman for months, was sueing Birdman and the label for $50 million... not really a mystery why Birdman would want him dead.

Piece of shit, and it looks like Thugga was involved (called the shooter 8 times in the 12 minutes before the shooting.)

Fuck those guys.

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get SOB X RBE, this is like the third album I've heard from them and while they always seem to get great beats they are rapping completely off beat almost every time. I get its supposed to be like part of their style, but the shit is kind of jarring.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
it's just so surreal. like, sometimes you forget some of those young cats are actually on some street shit. it's hard imagining Thugga actually sitting there thinking "yeah, let's kill Wayne now"... maybe it was a symbolic "warning shot" from Baby knowing nobody was in the bus? or was there actually someone in there? haven't followed the story.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't get SOB X RBE, this is like the third album I've heard from them and while they always seem to get great beats they are rapping completely off beat almost every time. I get its supposed to be like part of their style, but the shit is kind of jarring.

Same. Hyphy movement was dope for the producers who came out but most of these dudes are fucking full on idiots who cannot rap to save their lives. A few years from now they'll be working at Autozone in Vallejo.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
it's just so surreal. like, sometimes you forget some of those young cats are actually on some street shit. it's hard imagining Thugga actually sitting there thinking "yeah, let's kill Wayne now"... maybe it was a symbolic "warning shot" from Baby knowing nobody was in the bus? or was there actually someone in there? haven't followed the story.
Not all rap lyrics are fake

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Boy, the Brockhampton videos are whack as fuck. They actually tried on the sat trilogy videos.
Kendrick has a bad habit of leaving some of his best shit off albums because of his dumb concepts no one cares about.
Lmao what? Most of these are off GKMC/TPAB which are two of the most universally loved albums of the decade. Obviously some good shit is gonna fall through when somebody is on fire like that. Those sessions were amazing.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle

Wayne was on the bus.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really don't see how Kendrick doing the same thing he's been doing since the early albums makes the song bad. He's always wanted to be andre 3000.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody who talks like this about Kendrick albums still thinks Blackstar was like............ good. Kendrick rarely thinks as deeply about his shit as ya'll do, he's just J. Cole but actually good at rapping.
He clearly does, but on top of that you're saying TPAB wasn't good as a "cohesive album" which is almost objectively wrong because it executes a heavy concept flawlessly. If you weren't digging the concept or the music it's fine, but it is a cohesive album.
I really don't see how Kendrick doing the same thing he's been doing since the early albums makes the song bad. He's always wanted to be andre 3000.
Kendrick employs different voices very well on his albums and certain voices.. but as a Stan the dude can go way over board on features. He's completely fucked up certain songs.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
He clearly does, but on top of that you're saying TPAB wasn't good as a "cohesive album" which is almost objectively wrong because it executes a heavy concept flawlessly. If you weren't digging the concept or the music it's fine, but it is a cohesive album.

Actually I do think TPAB executes it's vision better, it just is substantially worse from a songwriting perspective. GKMC I guess is probably worse from an actual concept storyline, but the music atleast is generally good.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Couldn't disagree more .Outside of a couple tracks, GKMC was a step down from S.80 in terms of song writing .

Don't get me wrong, AT THE TIME, I fucking adored Section.80. It was probably my favorite project of that year across any genre. I just don't think it's aged particularly well. Outside of obvious examples like Hiiiipower and the like.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Kendrick employs different voices very well on his albums and certain voices.. but as a Stan the dude can go way over board on features. He's completely fucked up certain songs.

I get wanting to go with this Kendrick doing voices ruins songs thing. That's fine if you believe it. I certainly find it annoying on a number of songs. I just don't think it's true in this case. I think the music, the writing, the concept, and the lyrics are well done. Keep in mind I'm also of the belief that his verse on Mask off was perfectly fine given the abysmal material he was adding to.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
All I'm saying is that if 3K did the same voices, people would call him a genius.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the extra few weeks will definitely lead to an album that sounds polished, with phenomenal mixing by Mike Dean, great lyrics that aren't just Kanye mumbling bullshit or delivering awful punchlines and a cohesive style that doesn't sound like demos thrown together a couple of hours before release

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
Hold on are we acting as if Blackstar wasn't a great album now? We're talking about the Mos Def, Talib album right?

Status
Not open for further replies.