Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
HypedBeast

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
Okay, this doesn't make much sense to me. Whether a TV series is episodic or not - animated or otherwise - is not some kind of an western vs. eastern cultural trend. Having "episodic format that is self contained while possessing an over arching plot" describes a vast, vast amount of fantasy/adventure works on both sides of the ocean.
Sure, its just in conjunction with the artstyle, homages, animation, slapstick, and theme, it feels a lot like western cartoon, while still obviously having the Trigger trademarks.

OP
OP
HypedBeast

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
I literally posted a list of over 10000 anime that are episodic in nature (and that list has a heavy, heavy slant towards stuff released in the 90s and later), and he still ignored it. There aren't even 10000 cartoon shows to cross compare it to, either.

It's just the old-ass "Muh anime superior to your Mickey Mouse" Argument.
So Im somehow a weeb, yet I have a Samurai Jack avatar? Im somehow a weeb, yet I shit on the VAST majority anime.constantly?

Im surprised you are not the one spreading the Nipponese gospel with that superior knowledge of Japanese cartoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.