• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Elf is great until the last 15% or so at which point I literally just turn it off.

Klaus on Netflix is actually really good.

The Night Before was decent but completely forgotten. Christmas Chronicle on Netflix also isn't bad but still isn't all that good. My family has already made it a constant watch along with Elf.

I will take this time to say just how horrible Noelle is on Disney+ it's like they wanted to mash Elf, Santa Clause 2, and every generic feeling Hallmark Christmas movie all in to one.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I watched Klaus with the family due to this thread. Everyone loved it, instant classic and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a new Christmas movie.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Maybe we should list Xmas classics because I don't think we were getting a deluge before Elf.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Elf was released November 7, 2003

This was released December 5, 2003:
814CGMWuqKL._RI_.jpg

Do yourselves all a favor and watch this movie TONIGHT! It's a Christmas Eve movie and one of Kon's most approachable, straightforward films. Beautiful, sad, well-written, everything.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
Last year's Dr. Seuss's The Grinch from Illumination was really good. It's now on my family's annual holiday movie watch list.

exofrenon

Mar 30, 2019
Klaus (2019) is one of, if not the best Christmas movies of all time. Unexpectedly good on all fronts and an instant classic.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Yes, Arthur Christmas:
1200x630bb.jpg

Its a 2011 Christmas movie that has an interesting take on Santa Clause actually being a title within this family who delivers toys to kids through different generations rather than just being 1 immortal man doing this for years. And its about Arthur who's just someone who checks the kid's letter's for the current Santa, finds out that this new high tech Santa sleigh missed on girl's house and forgot to deliver the gift. Arthur then goes onto a quest with a former Santa and an elf to locate this house and deliver this one gift before Christmas morning rises. There's also a story about how one person (Hugh Laurie's character) in the Christmas family (the name of the Clause family in this) was waiting in line to get the proper title but deals with the disappointment that the current Santa announces that he's staying at his role. Honestly I need to stop talking about this film. I just remember watching this movie in 2017 and was really floored with how well told the story was and how inspirational it ended up being.
Came in here just to drop this one. Worked at a movie theater when it released and it seemed to perform respectably, but I don't think it really made a huge splash or anything. Still a great movie.

Dreamworks' Rise of the Guardians might not count since it features all the holidays, though it's centered around Christmas. I thought most of the movie was just okay, but the way they handled Jack Frost was excellent and surprisingly poignant for a movie that was clearly targeting children.

rise-of-the-guardians-he-digital.png

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Frozen.

One of the best films ever made.
Not a Christmas movie.

This is though!

220px-Olaf%27s_Frozen_Adventure_poster.jpeg

I'm ok with the Frozen movies being considered Christmas movies

Likewise, the Harry Potter movies almost all feature a Christmas scene where some major development unfolds, so I associate those with the season

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Just looked in to make sure Arthur Christmas was represented. It's one of the best. I'm glad it seems to be gaining a little more popularity every year.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Krampus is my jam

Klaus is pretty good too, even if it really stretches to great lengths to reimagine the Santa mythos.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
This Christmas season has been magical.
I've introduced my 13 year old daughter to: Gremlins, Christmas Vacation, DieHard, and Krampus.

Tonight is my personal favorite: A Christmas Story.

Be sure to drink your ovaltine, kids!

Mar 29, 2018
Yes, Arthur Christmas:
1200x630bb.jpg

Its a 2011 Christmas movie that has an interesting take on Santa Clause actually being a title within this family who delivers toys to kids through different generations rather than just being 1 immortal man doing this for years. And its about Arthur who's just someone who checks the kid's letter's for the current Santa, finds out that this new high tech Santa sleigh missed on girl's house and forgot to deliver the gift. Arthur then goes onto a quest with a former Santa and an elf to locate this house and deliver this one gift before Christmas morning rises. There's also a story about how one person (Hugh Laurie's character) in the Christmas family (the name of the Clause family in this) was waiting in line to get the proper title but deals with the disappointment that the current Santa announces that he's staying at his role. Honestly I need to stop talking about this film. I just remember watching this movie in 2017 and was really floored with how well told the story was and how inspirational it ended up being.
Amazing movie

The Night Before is also great

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Yes, Arthur Christmas:
1200x630bb.jpg

Can't argue with this one, it should have been a bigger hit.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Not a Christmas movie.

This is though!

220px-Olaf%27s_Frozen_Adventure_poster.jpeg

I'm ok with the Frozen movies being considered Christmas movies

Likewise, the Harry Potter movies almost all feature a Christmas scene where some major development unfolds, so I associate those with the season

Frozen is absolutely a Christmas movie.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
There's honestly people in this world who don't like Elf???
That's just weird.

(And I dislike Will Ferrel)

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Klaus will be a generational classic.

Edit: absolutely love The Santa Clause. Elf does nothing for me. Sorry OP.

Deafmitchell

Nov 7, 2019
Yeah sure. It all depends on when you where born and what you watched when you believed in Santa.

Elf is to the X

Also all Christmas songs are terrible

Last edited:

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
Joyeux Noel is supposed to be quite good. The Christmas Truce is just a great story all around though so it's almost cheating