Has it?

• Yes, I used to not wash my hands frequently and now I do

Votes: 127 16.2%
  • No, I already washed my hands frequently

Votes: 451 57.4%
  • No, I still don't wash my hands frequently

Votes: 39 5.0%
  • Yes, I already washed my hands frequently and now I'm a maniac.

Votes: 167 21.2%
  • Yes, I wash my hands less frequently

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I went from washing my hands when dirty, when arriving home, after using the bathroom or when arriving to the office, to doing all that plus using the hand sanitizer at the entrance of my office floor every time I walk by even if I only left to go to another floor for a second.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I already had good hand washing habits, but this virus scare has pushed me to refine them. Wash a bit more thoroughly and longer now, as well as washing after returning home from being out.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Wash for a bit longer each time, but I wash my hands all the time anyway. It's kind of a hobby.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Already washed my hands frequently, and thoroughly, but as the poll options go, I am now "maniacal" about tightening up some of the weak spots in my routine (back of knuckles, fingertips).

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I've perhaps increased the frequency by a bit but I've definitely increased the time I spend washing my hands each time.

Nov 30, 2017
Well I goto the bathroom like 3-4 times a day does that mean I'm a frequent hand washer? Plus before I eat.

But I don't randomly wash my hands, still don't.

Oct 27, 2017
Anecdote time: currently at the Broadway show for les mis and every man in the bathroom looked like he was a surgeon prepping for an operation

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
use to, I'd just wash my hands when I touched dirty surfaces, took out garbage, went to the restroom, and once every hour or so.

Now every time I touch a door, a box, or anything, i sanitize immediately after I don't have to touch it again in addition to the above.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
I don't wash more frequently, but I've been washing more carefully, trying to follow experts' recommendations.

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. I work from home so there isn't much need to change my daily hand washing routine. I do wash my hands now after arriving home such as after grocery shopping, though, when in the past I didn't.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Yes - Not like I didn't wash them before but I am being extra cautious every time I go out. I immediately wash my hands when I return.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
No. Its still the same - I always wash my hands everytime I use the restroom, before/after eating, and if I work with devices that pick up dirt, dust, etc (which is almost always all the time).

I have common sense and am strict hygiene wise.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Nope, I've been washing my hands regularly for years now, even before touching my controllers or my Switch.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I have two aunts who are nurses. I was trained very young to wash my hands thoroughly and often.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm a nurses aid working in the country home so I already was pretty aggressive with hand washing and making sure not touch my eyes or put things directly in my mouth

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I learned from a young age to wash my hands throughout the day, so no, it hasn't. My hope is that it will change the thousands of people I've seen leave the public washrooms without washing though.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Not really. I wash my hands enough, I'd say the right amount of hand-washing. Though I guess my hand washing has increased a bit recently but that's because of pollen season and how bad my eyes and sinuses get if I touch something like my car and then touch my face.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely am washing more often and using hand sanitizer more often. When I come home I will wash my hands now whereas before it wasn't always the case. But I actually realize now that the human skin doesn't let a lot of deadly germs live on it for very long either, like flu germs can only live on your hands for about five minutes.

Which probably makes sense, if the human skin was a large scale conduit for disease and illnesses, it's unlikely human beings would've made it this long.

But still I am more aware of not touching my face with my fingers, especially if they've been in contact with something else within the last 10 minutes or so.

I'm honestly more concerned with my smartphone being a carrier of germs/flu/corona.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I used to wash my hands frequently but now I don't and instead spend my time grabbing everything including other people's faces.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
A little. I work with food so I wash a little more frequently and more effectively

Chinner

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

I used to wash my hands once a day to save water. I used to brag about it to people but now I see people giving staring me out if I leave the bathroom without washing my hands. Really judgemental of them.