• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I just came here to say this dropped overnight.

I haven't listened to Thor's Angels either and I think it's paywalled now. Hopefully that's not an issue for this one!

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
SHIT! Well time to give it a listen. I just discovered this guy last year and shelled out the 80 bucks for his past episodes. Totally worth it. Can't wait!

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, can't wait to give it a listen. My other hope is for story time episodes like Prophets of Doom. Just a one-shot with a really interesting story.

Oct 27, 2017
SHIT! Well time to give it a listen. I just discovered this guy last year and shelled out the 80 bucks for his past episodes. Totally worth it. Can't wait!
I just listened to Ghosts of the Ostfront for the first time and it's really great. Horrifying, but great. I'll also recommend Wrath of the Khans, it's my favourite series of his and I've listed to it 3 times.

Jan 27, 2018
Shit i was just about to finish Blueprint for Armageddon for the 4th or 5th time. Gotta go back and listen to Thor's angels now before this

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
WOOOO it's HH day!

....but first, time to re-listen to Thor's Angels lol. It's been years.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
The new episode was... decent. I found myself spacing out at times. Definitely didn't have that immediate hook quality that some of his previous series had on me. Not sure why, maybe it's that I've never been particularly interested in vikings, or maybe it's something on Dan's end, or maybe I just wasn't in the right mood.

手加減 TG

Dec 11, 2019
The new episode was... decent. I found myself spacing out at times. Definitely didn't have that immediate hook quality that some of his previous series had on me. Not sure why, maybe it's that I've never been particularly interested in vikings, or maybe it's something on Dan's end, or maybe I just wasn't in the right mood.
The problem with this latest episode was that apart from the odd mention of Charlemagne and his descendants there were no characters. Dan's podcasts really benefit from having a Marius, Ogedei, or Jan Matthys to follow around on their adventures.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Warning personal opinion so it can be super wrong, just go easy on me:

Anyone else found the latest Addendum with Rick Rubin... Super boring? I am not familiar with him outside of Dan retwitting his quotes that.. Rubin himself self quoted. Felt a lot of ego. First time ever, after maybe 20 30 min, I just skipped the whole episode. Maybe my take on the guy is wrong but Rubin felt like a bit of a galaxy brain.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Warning personal opinion so it can be super wrong, just go easy on me:

Anyone else found the latest Addendum with Rick Rubin... Super boring? I am not familiar with him outside of Dan retwitting his quotes that.. Rubin himself self quoted. Felt a lot of ego. First time ever, after maybe 20 30 min, I just skipped the whole episode. Maybe my take on the guy is wrong but Rubin felt like a bit of a galaxy brain.
I'm enjoying it. I enjoy listening to creative people talk about their methods, even if it is a bit esoteric. I guess part of that is because that used to be my a big part of my job in a former life.

Oct 26, 2017
The problem with this latest episode was that apart from the odd mention of Charlemagne and his descendants there were no characters. Dan's podcasts really benefit from having a Marius, Ogedei, or Jan Matthys to follow around on their adventures.
Agreed. There was an episode a few years ago that was about....torture and stuff, I think? I can barely remember it, but it suffered from exactly what you describe.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018

Good point. I was trying to figure out what this episode was missing for me, but that may be a lot of it.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever Dan touches on current politics, he strikes me as a time traveller from 1994 trying to make sense of the world 30 years into the future by examining history. His analysis is often insightful, but he also misses the wood for the trees.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever Dan touches on current politics, he strikes me as a time traveller from 1994 trying to make sense of the world 30 years into the future by examining history. His analysis is often insightful, but he also misses the wood for the trees.
Yeah, I'm pretty tired of his both sides bullshit. Sure Dan, calling nazis today "deplorables" is an extremist view. Fuck off.

Oct 27, 2017
New Addendum episode with Annie Jacobsen talking about Nuclear War: A Scenario (which is a book that seems to be popping up everywhere lately).

Pretty interesting discussion.