• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping that 343 gets grilled a bit more about how terrible their customization system is now that we've got some substantial bandaid fixes to speed up battle pass progression. Also, wow, someone really needs to tell them to go back and juice up these events because eesh.

z80usuwion281.png

going to guess assault or FFA for winter contingency, SWAT 100 percent for tacops, koth for cyber showdown? Idk

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
People complaining about free event rewards must have never played another GaaS game. They look about standard for what you get for those kind of things in other games. A few good things, but nothing mindblowing

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I finally played enough ranked matches to get ranked. Am I totally missing the feedback about what a match does for your rank? I didn't see any +/- but I only played 2 matches after getting my rank.
There's a blue bar on your rank which I think shows the change in rank for the given play session (not just the last match).

It's really crap and a bit vague though.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
People complaining about free event rewards must have never played another GaaS game. They look about standard for what you get for those kind of things in other games. A few good things, but nothing mindblowing
Exactly they still want you to spend some money. Usually there is more event themed stuff on the shop. The free event stuff is just a nice bonus that can give you some small extra customization options.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest problem with the events isn't the crappy awards - it's the fact that 343 is clearly holding back what would have previously been standard game modes to try and make these events unique. It sucks.

When your "event" is a time limited fiesta playlist, it's not an event.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
going to guess assault or FFA for winter contingency, SWAT 100 percent for tacops, koth for cyber showdown? Idk

One of them is elimination for sure.
This mode has an achievement and was literally seen in the multiplayer Season 1 launch trailer.

That's where you probably only have one life and can revive teammates.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
I can say honestly can't complain about any maps in this game.

Except for slayer on launch base and the fact snipers don't spawn on behemoth in your respective base in pubs. BUT THATS IT. All the maps in this game are great.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The biggest problem with the events isn't the crappy awards - it's the fact that 343 is clearly holding back what would have previously been standard game modes to try and make these events unique. It sucks.

When your "event" is a time limited fiesta playlist, it's not an event.

Yet this is not what lot of folks are complaining about.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This latency (at least I hope it's what it is) makes some of these engagements look suspect as hell. I see/hear two bursts on my end from the same person and I'm already dead lol. Nobody assisted them either.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to hear what they have in store for cheaters/aimbots, etc.
It's kind of amusing that they dumped the red reticle for PC in state of it being part of a wider strategy for combating cheating and we've still got people with wall hacks, health bars and auto aim.

#givemered

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I can say honestly can't complain about any maps in this game.

Except for slayer on launch base and the fact snipers don't spawn on behemoth in your respective base in pubs. BUT THATS IT. All the maps in this game are great.
Yeah I don't hate any map although Bazaar is merely tolerable and Launch Site is one flag only.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Two weeks in and I still love this game. Launch Site (I think that's the name) doesn't feel great in 4v4 but that's probably my biggest complaint.

Other than that, I'd love to see the pickup weapons buffed and more playlists.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the maps in this game are pretty solid, if a little visually uninspired. Recharge is probably my least favorite map. Launch Site is fine but it needs to be a BTB map.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The maps are mostly okay. 1 or 2 are great.
But I miss some good old covenant stuff. Give me some purple and pink. 🤷 you could even make it reach themed by making it a simulation for cadets.
I also want snow.

Plywood

Oct 25, 2017
You know the back room in Streets with the office desk in it? The ball got stuck under the desk. We had a temporary truce with the other team to try to free it. Considering this was solo que that was wild. Eventually the ball reset. Pretty funny.
Had a moment on Live Fire where the ball fell through and just stood spinning around the map for about 20-30 seconds. Sadly, there was no truce between teams. 💥💀🍵🛍

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
The maps are mostly okay. 1 or 2 are great.
But I miss some good old covenant stuff. Give me some purple and pink. 🤷 you could even make it reach themed by making it a simulation for cadets.
I also want snow.

This is one thing I actually think makes sense for them to hold back on. If they're tying stuff to seasons and stuff, I could totally see them holding covenant maps and weapons back until some big season type event that would have a new map or two and maybe a new weapon or two. It allows them to put a theme to a big update. That makes way more sense then holding playlists back.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I can say about maps is that the game definitely needs a few classic maps. I'm going to sound like a broken record and once again say that Headlong would fucking rock in this sandbox.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I get that they want Halo Infinite to be a 10-year game, and I actually largely respect and agree with that decision. Take the time to get the core/fundamental experience exactly perfect and then just build and build on that. As a Halo fan from the beginning this approach is exciting and interesting to me. I am on board with Halo Infinite as an evolving platform and I understand that 3+ years from now when Halo fans are still feasting we're all gonna feel good.

...But (and it's a big but)...

I hate that this approach seems to mean 343 feels completely empowered to withhold so so much of the core fabric of Halo for months or even years at a time.

I can deal with the "No Forge, no Firefight, no co-op for a year or more" stuff -- I think that gives them the time to really pour a lot of love and attention into these modes and really make them the ultimate version of themselves when they do drop. And I'm sure they have a regular cadence of new and remade maps incoming too.

But I have a bigger problem with the sheer number of MP matchmaking basics and hoppers that 343 is clearly just sitting on just to make people wait, and to make an event out of their return:

FFA
SWAT
Dedicated Slayer
Infection
Doubles
Multi-Team
Juggernaut
Snipers or Shotty/Sniper
Grifball

Forge isn't coming for a year? OK. Take your time and make it amazing. Infection, FFA, Duos etc. are missing for no reason at all? That's what gets under my skin. Especially if 343's intention is to hold these modes back and flip them on/off for events.

I am much more understanding and generous with 343 than most Infinite fans seem to be. I don't even mind the BP that much since the seasons are so long. But I just can't fathom that when this is the first F2P Halo ever made that 343/MS didn't have the confidence to launch with more Playlists. I get that there's a fear that if there's too many the player base would be spread too thin and dead hoppers would be a terrible look, but... the game is free. They have millions of players. Bring back the Halo party! There is absolutely 0 reasonable arguments to prevent players from queuing up into Slayer FFA right now.

I feel the same way. There is no reason for there not to be dedicated Slayer, SWAT and FFA playlists available by December 8th. FFA is already available in custom games, and SWAT is literally just competitive settings but without shields.

Ultryx

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well if the Leaked Event Times are true, we got quite a bit going in a Month's Time:

Start DateEnd DateEvent
December 21st 2021January 3rd 2022Winter Contingency
January 4th 2022January 10th 2022Fracture: Tenrai
January 11th 2022January 17th 2022Nothing
January 18th 2022January 31st 2022Cyber Showdown
February 1st 2022February 7th 2022Fracture: Tenrai
February 8th 2022February 21st 2022Tactical Ops
February 22nd 2022February 28th 2022Fracture: Tenrai
March 1st 2022March 18th 2022Nothing
March 19th 2022April 5th 2022Fracture: Tenrai (If you have at least 23/28 Levels from the previous 4 Events, this is when you can Max out the Event)

As a note, I find Reddit thinking this is 2 weeks AND starts on a Saturday very suspect, but whatever.
April 6th 2022April 18th 2022Nothing
April 19th 2022April 26th 2022Fracture: Tenrai

If all that is true, we have a stacked couple of months.

Really looking forward to lots of events. If there's always something going on, I'll be wanting to play often.

I feel like with the increased player count and larger number of anti-vehicle weapons in the game, that vehicles need a health buff. I have never seen a vehicle last for more than a minute in this game, they are just too easy to kill.

IME the damn Chopper and Ghosts are unstoppable forces of creation (except when I'm in them).

Plywood

Oct 25, 2017
I have mainly played ranked, and it is superior to quick play games in every way. A lot of the wrong behaviour I have seen being reported here has so far been absent from my ranked games. I guess grenade spam is also less viable in ranked without the radar and hit sounds.
Ranked also highlights how littered the maps are with power weapons in Quick Play. Beyond that, the inconsistency of bloom Pistols and AR spam is gone as well. Overall it feels infinitely less chaotic and more manageable even in challenging matches.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Got the Ultimate Challenge done late last night, the shader/skin looks really good just wish I could use it on all suits.

Glad I can take a break from Fiesta for a while, that mode was getting old for me.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
The maps so far are great at what they're attempting to do, but I'm really looking forward to seeing some more open vehicle focused Big Team maps similar to Coagulation, Avalanche, or Sandtrap.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm hoping that 343 gets grilled a bit more about how terrible their customization system is now that we've got some substantial bandaid fixes to speed up battle pass progression. Also, wow, someone really needs to tell them to go back and juice up these events because eesh.

z80usuwion281.png
At least Cyber Showdown and Tactical ops have stances and physical object/effects rewards. Winter Contingency is absolute dogshit with the 3 separate coating rewards, 3 rewards for one emblem design, and 3 rewards for a second emblem design and then a nameplate background. Absolutely horrendous. Coatings and Emblems should be just **ONE** item period.

All the cool holiday stuff like the antlers bots have been sporting are gonna expensive as shit in the shop and may only work for one fucking armor core.

Edit: To dispute something written above, Fortnite regularly hands out backblings - its one sole accessory - as a free event rewards. Winter Contingency could use at least two accessory or physical object/effects items that the other two events have.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
so the ravager is an area denial support weapon with alt fire and the three shot splash main fire. which is not terribly useful, but does have some place in the sandbox - particularly btb

343 should really have explained their weapons more, but I guess having the community figure it out on their own especially with fiesta forcing wide familiarity is a hands on approach

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
so the ravager is an area denial support weapon with alt fire and the three shot splash main fire. which is not terribly useful, but does have some place in the sandbox - particularly btb
In other words its a weapon with a single target tickle and an aoe tickle and is utterly useless.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt this will happen but it would be awesome if they put out a snowy map sometime this winter. Every Halo needs at least one. I'd even take a Snowbound remake.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

343 should really have explained their weapons more, but I guess having the community figure it out on their own especially with fiesta forcing wide familiarity is a hands on approach
Everyone knows what it is for, it's obviously been an area denial tool since day 1. The issue is they made it far too weak to fill that role.

I took it as my second weapon for a dozen games to see if I could get effective with it, and it hardly scored any kills. Fired it at control points full of people, secondary fire and primary, at vehicles, at the sniper perch in high power, over seeds when people were collecting, etc...

It just tickles people, sometimes scores an assist, rarely scores as a kill.

I've been killed by it one time when I walked backwards into a pool when I had a sliver of health.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
In other words its a weapon with a single target tickle and an aoe tickle and is utterly useless.

it's useless if unilateral slaying is your main objective, but similar to the disruptor or plasma pistol it does have a support role. wonder if it has any ulterior effect like how the disruptor blocks shield recharge for a longer period of time.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
Got the willowtea challenge done with 1minute to spare. Playing fiesta is usually more fun when you're not trying hard to survive too much tho. The challenge was counter to what made fiesta a fun mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.