VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'm worried about is not having enough maps for Arena Slayer, like with Halo 5. I really like equipments returning and that you can choose when to use a camo. I like that the maps seem brighter overal and show more variety.

Im hoping with the year delay, the multiplayer teams were able to get more maps ready for the roadmap.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rEO8cLd.png

Jetpack/Thruster?

Jetpack seems redundant with the grapple, could be the thruster.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Like, look at this comparison between Chief and the brute. The latter is from a scene done by blur, while Chief is in-game. Infinite looks wonderful now.

wp5dykt1hv571.jpg
Chief looks great, but Brute won't come close to that. I hope Brutes got an upgrade but we got a long close up of one at the end of the last demo that looked pretty bad
po2jcnltanc51.png

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
rEO8cLd.png

Jetpack/Thruster?

Jetpack seems redundant with the grapple, could be the thruster.

The leak that nailed everything else mentioned thruster, and that it was visble on the back. Curious to see this in action (he looks so hiigh up), what video is this from? What time stamp?

EDIT: oh, thats the hammer handle, so probably hammer then

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a map this size reiterates the idea in my head that sprint has been significantly nerfed. I think they kept sprint in for casual fans, but made it worse to discourage its use for more competitive fans. If that wasn't that case why would this map be this size? I feel like if this map was in Halo 5 it would be substantially bigger than this.
Eh, not sure about that.

Looks like it could be similar in size if not bigger than Truth/Regret/Empire.

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
Did they say if the FOV will also be adjustable for console too or that's PC only? Just by looking at the E3 video makes me feels claustrophobic .

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017

This is very cool. Makes it to where it won't feel cheap or sudden when an enemy player tries to pop it on themselves. I expect the same thing for camo, except like a blue trail or something.

Oh thank god, that alleviates one of my worries. They've really thought everything through it seems, I'm getting more and more excited each day. Hopefully they can really nail it.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
It is surprising to hear flighting has started... I'm guessing it's just a form of flighting, ie take home tests, perhaps extended into MS. It's certainly not public. I 100% think the first round will go to pros (and top ams), content creators, and big influencers (ninja!) - which isn't so bad since there will likely be so much to watch and digest.

Not gonna lie, watching nightly scrims in infinite will be sweet (and will lead to many early days of domination when I finally get in!)

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
It is surprising to hear flighting has started... I'm guessing it's just a form of flighting, ie take home tests, perhaps extended into MS. It's certainly not public. I 100% think the first round will go to pros (and top ams), content creators, and big influencers (ninja!) - which isn't so bad since there will likely be so much to watch and digest.

Not gonna lie, watching nightly scrims in infinite will be sweet (and will lead to many early days of domination when I finally get in!)
They have to do this ASAP. The viewership would be huge.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ninja is an actual no brainer. Hopefully they still have a friendly relationship from the Mixer days.

I think they should definitely do a showcase where you give some content creators some early access. Similar to how like, jackfrags gets gameplay access of BF early.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Ninja is an actual no brainer. Hopefully they still have a friendly relationship from the Mixer days.

I think they should definitely do a showcase where you give some content creators some early access. Similar to how like, jackfrags gets gameplay access of BF early.

Imagine 2 weeks of limited flights with these people culminating in an "open flighting" event - a one off, pre launch esports tourney. Ninja would probably even give it a go

ImmortanRambo

Jun 25, 2020
So stoked for infinites multiplayer. I may be alone but I was really hoping for a battle royal mode. Do we think that there is any chance of a halo battle royal?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
So stoked for infinites multiplayer. I may be alone but I was really hoping for a battle royal mode. Do we think that there is any chance of a halo battle royal?

I think its something that can be built with forge and they'll incorporate that into a (rotating?) playlist or just rely on the custom games browser (cant wait to see improvements here!)

Jun 10, 2018
Did they say if the FOV will also be adjustable for console too or that's PC only? Just by looking at the E3 video makes me feels claustrophobic .
They did it with MCC so there's a chance... But we will see, FOV impacts performance so maybe it won't be in.
Yes, an FOV slider will be available on console.

To make the game cross-platform we go through great pains to ensure you can have a competitive experience on any device, so things like your field of view (FOV) settings which are more standard on PC are also available on console.
www.halowaypoint.com

Inside Infinite – April 2021

<p>Welcome to the latest edition of Inside Infinite, our monthly blog series where we sit down with the teams building Halo Infinite and get an in-depth look at what goes into their work. In this installment, we’ve had a chance to sit down with the team building the PC version of Halo Infinite...

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I have watched that E3 trailer a few good times and damn it's so good. The sounds and gameplay is just awesome. It definitely looks like Halo. I can't wait.

For flighting I actually have to go update my pc hardware on the site since I built a new PC.

I have. 3070 with a 5900x and am wondering if I can hit 144fps. If not I can probably hit 120 for sure. Especially at 1080p.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
I think its something that can be built with forge and they'll incorporate that into a (rotating?) playlist or just rely on the custom games browser (cant wait to see improvements here!)
By br we mean a mode to compete with Fortnite / apex legends / warzone. I hope they do it properly and not half ass it with forge.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, an FOV slider will be available on console.

www.halowaypoint.com

Inside Infinite – April 2021

<p>Welcome to the latest edition of Inside Infinite, our monthly blog series where we sit down with the teams building Halo Infinite and get an in-depth look at what goes into their work. In this installment, we’ve had a chance to sit down with the team building the PC version of Halo Infinite...

This is excellent news!

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
With BTB 2.0 only being 24 players I doubt a true BR mode can be made with custom game options and forge, it'd likely need to be a dev made mode.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
With BTB 2.0 only being 24 players I doubt a true BR mode can be made with custom game options and forge, it'd likely need to be a dev made mode.

Possibly. Though 24 players could be (and IMO is likely) to be a design choice, not an engine/networking choice. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the game supports far more than that, even out of the gate

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Chief looks great, but Brute won't come close to that. I hope Brutes got an upgrade but we got a long close up of one at the end of the last demo that looked pretty bad
po2jcnltanc51.png

God, this part of the demo was what dragged me to be honest... everyone else is complaining about Craig, but you've got this shiny moldy potato guy with a goatee attempting to be all bad ass and the for someone that is supposed to have a decent role, it doesn't look that great.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I logged into Halo Insider after being AWOL for like 2 years and saw that I missed multiple invites.

I'm not getting a Infinite invite and I ? lol

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
po2jcnltanc51.png

The worst part of that was how angular the head was. Its not in your screen cap, but the top of his skull is literally a point. I don't think this model was meant for a cutscene at all and was kind of jury rigged into the role for the trailer.

Either way, lots of room for improvement (and frankly, it wasn;t all bad)

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
God, this part of the demo was what dragged me to be honest... everyone else is complaining about Craig, but you've got this shiny moldy potato guy with a goatee attempting to be all bad ass and the for someone that is supposed to have a decent role, it doesn't look that great.

yeah, this guy was 1000% worse than Craig. Craig is an extra. This guy has a starring role and looked like a outtake

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
What? No. Unless you know something else, it's pretty clear this is BTB 2.0
Klobrille already said this is what he was referring to.

BTB 2.0 was and is something else; the increased player count BTB is not what was in development for BTB 2.0. The 24 player BTB is an upgrade to the original BTB to be sure, and I can understand why people get their wires crossed thinking that it is BTB 2.0. However, the original BTB 2.0 was canned during development AFAIK. I don't know if it will be continued, restarted, or spiritually rebooted ever but what launches in Halo Infinite is very much not BTB 2.0