• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
I am extremely skeptical

I want them to deliver on the dream of what VR could be

but I'm not convinced anyone can do it, even valve during their heyday... which, that time has passed for them

OP
OP
Nzyme32

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Will this be VR-only?

Yes - designed from the ground up for VR - SteamVR to be precise (ie any SteamVR compatible headset, though tailored for Index I'm sure)

Yes- some clever folks will mod it - which will absolutely lose the essence of the game, since you can't capture the nature of the medium in a traditional flat game

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
SpitefulOnlyHound-size_restricted.gif

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Would be excited if it weren't a VR exclusive, but I'm glad they're at least doing something with the franchise again

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
So... guess it might be time to see if I can coax my PC to play nice with my PSVR.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We don't even know what this games gonna be like overall and people are losing they goddayum minds.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
This is 100% going to be only for Valve VR system, right?

Edit: more precisely, people with e.g. PS VR won't be able to play it?

Oct 25, 2017
Call me when the decide to actually finish the story they were telling over a decade ago. The one they couldn't finish despite going the episodic content route....

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Not ready to jump into VR, let alone the premium side of things, but I'm still excited to see what they've got cooking.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Half-Life is one of my favorite series and Alyx one of my favorite characters in games, but I am more than priced out of this if it's VR only; hooray