• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Modding tools confirmed? From the steam page:

Community-built environments
A set of Source 2 tools for building new environments will ship with the game, enabling any player to build and contribute new environments for the community to enjoy. Hammer, Valve's level authoring tool, has been updated with all of the game's virtual reality gameplay tools and components.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great! Still wish this was Half-Life 3 though but I'll take what I can get.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
wait, is it on rails? also i think it looks a tiny bit too cartooney
half life 2 had this more realistic and gritty look to it that i liked

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
YOOOOOOOOOOOO that trailer! Looks great! I had hoped it was like, HL3, like post Ep 2 but still, I'll take more HL.

My Oculus is ready. Though I wonder if my system is.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm crying right now. Legit crying. Been a Half Life fan since I was 12 and a VR early adopter... man it's good to be alive.

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
I just realized... I don't know if I can play this, honestly. Head crabs already freak me the fuck out normally, I can't imagine in VR. 😱

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
The graphics didn't wow me, but mechanically it seems very polished.
Maybe they are targetting a broader range of headsets, and coudln't go all out graphically.

First Screenshots!

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
EJ6lWqQVAAA1r-5.jpg

EJ6lWqRU0AASlrl.jpg

EJ6lWqSUwAAWrd8.jpg

Official Website!

Blackrobe

Nov 1, 2019
The website: https://www.half-life.com/en/alyx

Some info:

"Set between the events of Half-Life and Half-Life 2, Alyx Vance and her father Eli mount an early resistance to the Combine's brutal occupation of Earth."

"Already own Valve Index? You'll get Half-Life: Alyx free, plus extra content.

Owners of Valve Index controllers also get Half-Life: Alyx for free.

Customers who have purchased Valve Index hardware by the end of 2019 will have access to unique bonuses starting early next year:
  • Explore environments from Half-Life: Alyx in your SteamVR Home space
  • Alternate gun skins to embellish Alyx's arsenal
  • Special Half-Life: Alyx-themed content for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive"
"A set of Source 2 tools for building new levels will be available for the game, enabling any player to build and contribute new environments for the community to enjoy. Hammer, Valve's level authoring tool, has been updated with all of the game's virtual reality gameplay tools and components."

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
YOOOOOOOOOOOO that trailer! Looks great! I had hoped it was like, HL3, like post Ep 2 but still, I'll take more HL.

My Oculus is ready. Though I wonder if my system is.
I dunno , I swear that we heard Eli's last words in that trailer. Like it could go up to episode 2 also

Which it needs to imo to explain the G Man's interest in Alyx from that game

Daniagatha

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2018
Brazil
The game looks nice. If this is Valve getting back to making games (TF3, I am looking at you) I am happy.

Or else I will have to pass cause my Vertigo will NEVER let me play a VR game.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Why "lmaoooooo"?
I'm a huge HL fan and I'm really happy they're not making a sequel as VR exclusive before getting feedback about this kind of platform.

I actually think it looks really cool! It's just funny that the first Half-Life game after a 12 year cliffhanger won't address the cliffhanger at all.

It worked for Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me though!

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I'm SO ff-ing glad I choose a 4320x2160 headset, after seeing this. Because these graphics are UNBELIEVABLE for a VR game!!!!