noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that's quite an accomplishment. Sad people are shaming him again attacking his looks (seriously some people looks like they're tired af) and what he does with his time. Some people find enjoyment on collecting Platinums so then let them, you peeps could probably accomplished more things in life if you don't constantly post on Era lol.
Thank Nintendo don't have this achievement shit. Enabling OCD and addiction.
Is this a meme? So is Smash enabling OCD and addiction now?

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
The article says he's up to 1717 now lol that is a ridiculous amount of work.

Multiple people play on his account, there are a ton of games where he has trophies unlocking for different games at the exact same time almost.

Maybe he syncs them all at once? In my feed that's how they show up, not sure if that's how it works though.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to drive-by, but why is this the case, anyway? Why would Era hamper its potencial for users like that? Few people have paid emails, I imagine.

On topic, this is very impressive. I never had the patience to acquire a single Platinum, let alone hundreds of them. Spider-Man might be my first one, who knows.
If anyone could sign up with just any Gmail account, it would be harder to keep out the... undesirables (hateful bigots, concern trolls, all other kinds of trolls, overly aggressive people who harass others, astroturfers etc.). Some (try to) sneak back in when they get banned even with the current system, but more easily verifiable personal email accounts make blocking those completely easier.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck? How is that even possible without cheating?

Like 10% of them are multiple-region versions of Vita visual novels that take 1 hour or less to platinum. And yeah, doing the same thing for other games that only take 1-3 hours six times, it definitely adds up.

Doesn't mean he isn't insanely dedicated, but there have been other questions of legitimacy in the past which, at best, are still up for debate by the communities that still care about this.

I'm sure his family and friends help in some way, but he also said he has trophies to thank for them existing (as in his wife married him because of it?)

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of trophies, guy looks like he needs sleep though

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
That's a lot of platinums, wow. Is there a comparable accolade for the most amount of XBOX trophies (is there a platinum equivalent on those platforms?)?

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
"Other users might feel ashamed to play many games because they are weak and have no spirit"

This guy is amazing

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I've read about him before, I don't believe that it is just him doing it, there must be a group of them who share the profile and play offline before syncing trophies.

Just my take. But I'm not having that 70-120 hours a week, work and family is 1. Realistic for one person to fit in; 2. It's not enough time to gain that many trophies.

Someone will probably tell me they are all date stamped and legit now... Still impressive (or a little sad depending on how you look at it) how ever it is done to get that many plats on one profile

Jun 3, 2018
London
According to PSNProfiles.com, there should be a bit more than 5,000 platinums in total. That's across PS3, PS4, and Vita. I have heard an interview once with the guy who is in 8th place on the PSNProfiles leaderboard. He is German and currently has more than 1,300 platinums in a little more than 10 years. He described how a lot of it is visual novels that you can automatically click through and maybe need a proper input every ten minutes. Also really easy games that have stackable trophies, so you can buy them from four different region shops and get all the trophies. So I could imagine that it's possible for one person to do this (with some help of friends for multiplayer trophies).

I case you speak German, this guy also has a blog under http://blackangel887462.blogspot.com/ where he keeps track of all his platinum trophies.

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
lol @ people judging him while posting on a video game forum.
lol @ you equating one post on a message board to platinuming a game on average every two days for 9 years.

"I grind the hell out of the game until I am able to beat and Platinum it. Other users might feel ashamed to play many games because they are weak and have no spirit. They are afraid of what people will say about them. I do not pay attention to such things and that's what makes top trophy hunters shine."

"I would like to end it every day, but I am just too addicted to trophies, so I can't."

"It reminded me of the days I used to play MMOs."

I mean, it sounds like his family is alright with it, so it's totally fine if everyone around him is fine with his priorities. But let's not go making him out to be a social butterfly just because he sandwiches "some" time with family between his hours-long gaming sessions.

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a Guiness record for the most gamerscore as well?

Microsoft used to promote the one million gamerscore blog guy a lot, and I was a fan. They gave him a lot of cool perks, such as a lifetime Gold membership.

Unfortunately they also devalued the system for general interest when they made every game get 1000/1000 on Xbox One, and then in the years since we've gotten dozens upon dozens of Arcade Archives games on top of the many short indie games taking no time at all to rack up points.

He's still at it though (stallion83) and I think he's moderately popular.

But to avoid continuing this tangent any further, yes, he's in there for his gamerscore, which is probably going to break 2 million before the year is done.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Microsoft used to promote the one million gamerscore blog guy a lot, and I was a fan. They gave him a lot of cool perks, such as a lifetime Gold membership.

Unfortunately they also devalued the system for general interest when they made every game get 1000/1000 on Xbox One, and then in the years since we've gotten dozens upon dozens of Arcade Archives games on top of the many short indie games taking no time at all to rack up points.

He's still at it though (stallion83) and I think he's moderately popular.

But to avoid continuing this tangent any further, yes, he's in there for his gamerscore, which is probably going to break 2 million before the year is done.

Nice. Thanks for the info

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Makes my 96 platinums look like a drop in the bucket.

If I remember correctly Hakoom used to sell platinums as well.

Nov 2, 2017
Congrats. By the looks of it, he has a life, family and social life. So fuck anyone who shame him.

That being sad, I think achievements and trophies are the dumbest thing in gaming. I have no problem people chasing them but I never care for them.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Except he has a job, family, and a social life.

Doesnt seem like he spends much time with his family. His job has to be minimum hours possible and whats his social life? Playing multiplayer games?

Do the math. 24 hours in a day x7 days = 168 hours. Lets say he sleeps 6 - 7 hours a night = 40 hours, so that leaves 128 hours for gaming. If he works a 9-5 job then theres 40 hours a week taken off .

Says he games for 70-120 hours a week.

All im saying is this guys life is devoted to games. Just because he has a family doesnt mean he is spending time with them lol

Deleted member 18347

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean good for him n' all but imagining myself coming home from work only to spend my free time not enjoying a game but turning that into a joyless grind...

Still though... 1700 plats. That's just crazy.

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
I guess getting the trophies is the metagame he's playing for the most part, not necessarily playing the game at hand.

Yeah, he's addicted to a game called PlayStation Trophies, it's not important if he enjoys the actual game he's playing at the moment.

People that buy cheap Steam games only to add them to their account are similar. They want their number to go up no matter what.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lets say he sleeps 6 - 7 hours a night
Might wanna reduce that number a little ;)
sI8838K.png

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty sure I have only received one platinum... I have been close a couple of times, but I just can't justify playing a game for a trophy once I feel done with it.

Damn that's quite an accomplishment. Sad people are shaming him again attacking his looks (seriously some people looks like they're tired af) and what he does with his time. Some people find enjoyment on collecting Platinums so then let them, you peeps could probably accomplished more things in life if you don't constantly post on Era lol.

Too true, bruv.

Abylim

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 29, 2017
There's not enough time to have a job and a family and play for 70-120 hours a week. He has to have people helping. Which isn't bad. It is if you take all the credit like he's doing now.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Gawd dang, he even platinum Chinese and Korean games lol.
I expected JP since they have a strong market storefront, but he went full out on CN/KR as well.

Edit:
Whoa...he got White Knight Chronicles Platinum.
That shit was a grind, and iirc, required a bit of MP as well.

Last edited:

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
I will respect someone who has a single platinum in crypt of the necromancer, etc. more than someone with a thousand platinum.
Achievements are detrimental to people with OCD and are only there to encourage console loyalty.

WITHE1982

Oct 28, 2017
Damn that's some achievement but I can imagine it being quite exhausting.

I wonder if he ever gets a chance to truly enjoy games anymore. If he's just racing to a platinum I'm guessing not really.

For example RDR2 is out soon and I'm looking forward to exploring the vast and detailed world, seeing what Rockstar have painstakingly crafted much more than just completing the story itself. Unless there's a trophy related to these special moments then this guy may never get that sense of wonder.

Not that I want to criticise how anyone enjoys games. If he's happy then fair enough - More power to him.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Damn that's some achievement but I can imagine it being quite exhausting.

I wonder if he ever gets a chance to truly enjoy games anymore. If he's just racing to a platinum I'm guessing not really.

For example RDR2 is out soon and I'm looking forward to exploring the vast and detailed world, seeing what Rockstar have painstakingly crafted much more than just completing the story itself. Unless there's a trophy related to these special moments then this guy may never get that sense of wonder.

Not that I want to criticise how anyone enjoys games. If he's happy then fair enough - More power to him.

Yeah, I mean, this could be his idea of fun. Different strokes for different folks. Also, it could be an addiction + feeling he needs to stay on top.

I'd imagine he opens up the trophy list first thing and tries to systematically take them down. I could see that being fun in a way. He must play a lot of different games, at least.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this guy still doing it, fair play to him,

The last time I heard about him, he had maxed the leveling out on his account - did Sony address this at all and increase the cap?

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
i own a PS4, what's a platinum?
If you get all the other trophies in a game (excluding trophies for DLC), you get a platinum. I've only done it for two games: Burnout Paradise and Rocket League

Generally, you have to go out of your way to get one, but some games (namely Telltale games) only have trophies for completing chapters, so you'll get the Platinum simply by completing the game.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
If you get all the other trophies in a game (excluding trophies for DLC), you get a platinum. I've only done it for two games: Burnout Paradise and Rocket League

Generally, you have to go out of your way to get one, but some games (namely Telltale games) only have trophies for completing chapters, so you'll get the Platinum simply by completing the game.

Not all games give platinums, though. Like, I would have received a platinum for Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon if it had one.

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
I will respect someone who has a single platinum in crypt of the necromancer, etc. more than someone with a thousand platinum.
Achievements are detrimental to people with OCD and are only there to encourage console loyalty.
Yup. He even says he's not interested in other consoles. A ridiculously high number next to his profile, and the polarizing respect/disgust it triggers, is more important.