Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Been waiting for this, I love Supergiant and the word of mouth has been spectacular! Only 16,79€ with the launch discount too, almost bought it yesterday after binging the fantastic noclip documentary about its development, glad I decided to wait in case there was a launch discount (wasn't going to play before 1.0 anyway).

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
as someone whos already put in over 1000 hours into this, LETS FUCKING GO

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
A launch discount is most clever thing indie devs can do. Worked for me on Goose game and it will work with Hades as well.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
1.0 update now on steam as well.

The update is about 5.5 gigs.

Whats in 1.0 according to a dev on steam forums:

"At this point I can safely say our v1.0 Launch Update is adding quite a bit of new content, at least relative to what we've been able to add in our past Major Updates. Note, though, we are not adding new regions akin to Tartarus or Asphodel -- we feel the average duration of a given escape attempt has been in a good spot, and have been focused on delivering the true ending.

In terms of what you can expect, there's going to be lots of new story content, with new events for every character in the game (including thousands of new voice lines). We'll have new late-game unlockables, a new Hidden Aspect for the Twin Fists, quite a bit of new music, Achievements, and more. So we think even if you've played the game a lot already, there will be a lot to sink your teeth into here. "

CrazyIvan

Oct 26, 2017
Vermont
I've been following this game closely for a while now but am not a PC gamer. When it was announced to be coming to Switch, I was super hyped. With the shadow drop today, I ran over and bought it immediately. Definitely a bonus that it was only $19.99. Can't wait to finally play this game!

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to finally be able to play this, playing an early access Supergiant game felt sacrilegious.

Is this a more M+KB game or controller game?

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
Okay read up on this. Sounds pretty awesome. The fact there's a narrative progression scratches an itch that I really miss from most rogue-type games.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck? I could have been playing this an hour ago? WHY AM I STILL POSTING

OP
OP
Rodrigues solitaire
Oct 28, 2019
1.0 update now on steam as well.

The update is about 5.5 gigs.

Whats in 1.0 according to a dev on steam forums:

"At this point I can safely say our v1.0 Launch Update is adding quite a bit of new content, at least relative to what we've been able to add in our past Major Updates. Note, though, we are not adding new regions akin to Tartarus or Asphodel -- we feel the average duration of a given escape attempt has been in a good spot, and have been focused on delivering the true ending.

In terms of what you can expect, there's going to be lots of new story content, with new events for every character in the game (including thousands of new voice lines). We'll have new late-game unlockables, a new Hidden Aspect for the Twin Fists, quite a bit of new music, Achievements, and more. So we think even if you've played the game a lot already, there will be a lot to sink your teeth into here. "

Cheers, added it to OP

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone help to explain why I should play this game instead of Diablo 3? Just in broad strokes re: mechanics, story etc.

My intention is not to shit on the game, I'm just not sure if I can get really invested in this, or how even the gameplay differs from something like D3.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Would i like this if i like Binding of Isaac?
There's a lot more going on in this game compared to the slower pace of BoI, like more story, more action, and more decisions, but I'd say gave it a shot if you liked that. Hades has become my roguelike ever, and I'm not usually partial to this subgenre.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Well, while the update is still downloading I can sing its praises I suppose.

This is one of the most tight playing rogue-likes out there with an immensely satisfying progression curve. Voice acting, art and writing are all excellent as you'd expect from Supergiant, but the star of the game is really the gameplay. It strikes a surprising balance between being demanding and forgiving. You can play very carefully and dodge attacks left and right like in Hyper Light Drifter or mash things out and it'll work out anyway. You can take specific passives that will make you stronger but more fragile, or you can opt for being more careful and defensive. Or something in between!

Its difficulty is also highly adjustable once you reach the end game, whereby you can turn on a bunch of super fun modifiers, which will earn you the resources to upgrade weapons. Some of them are pretty basic like enemies are faster, have more health, others will ask you to complete zones faster or drastically change boss fights and boss arenas, give enemies new abilities, etc. Really smart stuff. And there are so many weapons. Six in total -- three ranged, three melee -- with three alternative styles and each with an additional fourth style that changes the way you play more drastically than the others.

Each time you die, you barely mind because you get to hear new dialog, unlock some more lore bits, learn more about the characters, spruce up your home and spend upgrade points so your next run will be better. Such a satisfying loop.

Last edited:

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Have you never seen how the game looks on PC? This Switch version looks VERY blurry by comparison.
That video that got linked has PC footage and Switch footage and I literally can't tell there's any difference on the highest quality settings available.

This is not new for me though, my sensitivity to this stuff is really low. I believe people when they say it's bad, I just... don't notice it.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Damn hope it runs well on Switch, been waiting for this one to drop. After Minecraft Dungeons, I ain't buying ports without making sure first.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I am ride or die with Supergiant, can't wait to finally get my hands on this.