Votes: 219 22.0%
  • Malphon / Twin Fists of Malphon

Votes: 190 19.1%
  • Exagryph / Adamant Rail

Votes: 89 9.0%

• Total voters

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
This game never ceases to delight me in small ways. I was fighting Hades with the Hades Call keepsake equipped. Once I had all 4 gauges full and triggered the call, Zagreus yelled "FATHER!" and Hades (the boss) yelled "WHAT?!" 🥰

That was one of my favorite interactions. I've also had him say "I'm right here!" and a couple other variations lol

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Okay, done with the last achievement and after that very last run something happened that I had never seen before:
04417A6D761B13809F22CE8457FEEBE27200A6D0

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I'm convinced the gun Aspect of Eris (For 8 Seconds after absorbing your Special's blast, deal more damage) is the strongest aspect in the game.
I won 14 times in a row with it and got my fastest time (just under 14min at 15 heat). Start with Zeus & go for lightning attack. Then stacking ares doom on the special is optimal, but I've made it work with Weak and Chill too. My fastest runs had Zeus+Ares+Poseidon (sea storm!)

The daedelus upgrades are so powerful, you get cluster bombs or rockets or BOTH, it's game over. Even without dada hammers you can still constantly have your damage upgrade going from absorbing the blast. The only reason I lost my 15th run was being really reckless in styx. I feel like this is by far the fastest/easiest win you can get.
I saw this post earlier today and tried it just now - got my first completion after 58 attempts! It is indeed awesome and melts health bars.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Got the credits within the last hour. Loved it.

I felt like I hit a bit of a lull shortly after my first completion but I stuck with it for the characters interactions and found myself consistently escaping in the end.

I know there's stuff to do afterwards, but that might be it for me - though I won't rule out some more runs.

Now I've wrapped up the bulk of the plot I feel like I can experiment a bit more.

dabbling

Dec 3, 2018

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

I'm working on clearing out the final duo and legendary boons for the prophecies and it's so satisfying when it coincidentally all synergizes so well together lol. This is Ice Wine (Festive Fog upgrade that increases damage and stacks chill) + Scintillating Feast (lightning strikes periodically inside of Festive Fog) + Bad News (Hermes legendary that deals +50% cast damage to foes without a blood crystal stuck in them). Also had Demeter's call along with chain lightning on attack + jolted + Cold Fusion (jolted lasts 10 sec. instead of expiring on attack). This would've beat my 23 minute clear record if I hadn't gone through two extra Styx tunnels after finding the satyr sack.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Maxxed out Chiron Bow is, I think, the most satisfying weapon to use. Just feels so good when all those arrows hit their target.

Y2hcEZ7.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Maxxed out Chiron Bow is, I think, the most satisfying weapon to use. Just feels so good when all those arrows hit their target.

Y2hcEZ7.gif
for me the chiron bow is almost a free clear with even some modest boon luck (depending on the pact). i haven't met anything that can beat the DPS of the spread at close range, particularly with the extra arrows/less spread perks (i think less spread is a thing? haven't got it in a while).

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, how do I unlocked the "Gift of Song" prophecy? I've been playing the Lyre for days now and nothing is happening lol.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Uh, how do I unlocked the "Gift of Song" prophecy? I've been playing the Lyre for days now and nothing is happening lol.
You also have to talk to Orpheus a few times about it to ask for advice.
Yeah, I finally got somewhere with this one. Orpheus has talked to me about it twice and given Zagreus instructions or encouragement. I haven't cleared it, but I have to be close because it actually sounds really good when Zagreus plays it now. So it seems to be gated behind both pressing play enough times and having Orpheus talk to you about it.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For Aspect of Eris to be truly broken you need two specific Hammers. GL with that. The most consistent thing to do would use it to buff casts... But Aspect of Achilles (Spear) is significantly better at it (150% bonus vs. 75%).

It's good, but definitely not the best. Maybe if it didn't take a miracle to get both Rocket and Quintuple special. That combo is insane.

Of course, failing the shotgun build, it IS ranged... Which like most games is a pretty massive survival boost. You can painfully scrape by with a bad build that would probably get you killed as melee.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
I'm convinced the gun Aspect of Eris (For 8 Seconds after absorbing your Special's blast, deal more damage) is the strongest aspect in the game.
I won 14 times in a row with it and got my fastest time (just under 14min at 15 heat). Start with Zeus & go for lightning attack. Then stacking ares doom on the special is optimal, but I've made it work with Weak and Chill too. My fastest runs had Zeus+Ares+Poseidon (sea storm!)

The daedelus upgrades are so powerful, you get cluster bombs or rockets or BOTH, it's game over. Even without dada hammers you can still constantly have your damage upgrade going from absorbing the blast. The only reason I lost my 15th run was being really reckless in styx. I feel like this is by far the fastest/easiest win you can get.

I've been doing some runs with it after I read your post and yeah it might be one of the highest DPS builds in the game. Even without getting good hammers (I just had the ammo and slow down hammers in this run) the DPS can get insane when you stack the absorb on top of it.

When I run Eris I don't even dodge in the final fight. The DPS is usually high enough that I can just kill him before triggering a death defiance.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
FINALLY beat a run. After failing last night, I was really curious if I would pull it off today. The shield plus high Doom Damage is super good.
Just throw and keep dodging. Had a lot of other perks that worked well with that setup as well. Only ended up dying once (and that was on the last boss) due to getting stuck in a corner.

Not really interested in playing on higher heat, but I definitely want to see more of the story so i'll keep at it for the true ending.
Does the difficulty go higher by itself? Or if I ignore the contract should it just be getting easier due to the mirror upgrades I get?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Beat Heat 16. Had to use the Gun as it's just safer lol.

gonna Try heat 32 a few times, but if it's not fun. I'm done with the game. Such a great game and probably my GOTY this year. Up there with Slay the Spire.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't won yet, got to
Hades second phase and was whooped

On attempt 20 I believe overall, think my only complaint is the lack of Gemstones.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
FINALLY beat a run. After failing last night, I was really curious if I would pull it off today. The shield plus high Doom Damage is super good.
Just throw and keep dodging. Had a lot of other perks that worked well with that setup as well. Only ended up dying once (and that was on the last boss) due to getting stuck in a corner.

Not really interested in playing on higher heat, but I definitely want to see more of the story so i'll keep at it for the true ending.
Does the difficulty go higher by itself? Or if I ignore the contract should it just be getting easier due to the mirror upgrades I get?
No, it should get a bit easier if you don't change the heat and keep upgrading the mirror. You won't be able to earn more titan blood, ambrosia, or diamonds without raising the heat, though.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

I'd strongly recommend not ignoring the pact of punishment, there are a few options you can go with to raise the heat one or two points without it making a huge difference and still get the extra titan blood, diamond, and ambrosia. The first level of Extreme Measures, for example, adds some complications to the first boss but doesn't affect the rest of the run whatsoever. One point in Damage Control (the first hit on each enemy does no damage) is also mostly inconsequential outside of making skulls, flame wheels, and small rats a bit more annoying.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'd strongly recommend not ignoring the pact of punishment, there are a few options you can go with to raise the heat one or two points without it making a huge difference and still get the extra titan blood, diamond, and ambrosia. The first level of Extreme Measures, for example, adds some complications to the first boss but doesn't affect the rest of the run whatsoever. One point in Damage Control (the first hit on each enemy does no damage) is also mostly inconsequential outside of making skulls, flame wheels, and small rats a bit more annoying.

Ok will do then!

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Just started the game and got past the first fury fight.

The game looks gorgeous and the voice acting is awesome.

I feel like it's a little bit light on the mechanics but I'm hoping that changes as I progress. I started on Hell Mode and it doesn't seem like it was a bad idea.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
One point in Damage Control (the first hit on each enemy does no damage) is also mostly inconsequential outside of making skulls, flame wheels, and small rats a bit more annoying.

For fast weapons like bow (when you're doing special builds), gun and fists the damage control isn't bad. If your weapon can one shot a lot of enemies I'd avoid damage control though. Doing the time one or going up another level of extreme measures (2nd boss is not bad either IMO) or even the one that adds another armored enemy to mini-bosses isn't bad.

The armored guys get a bonus pact isn't bad either. The enemies are stronger but there are less of them. Outside of 1 or 2 room RNG it shouldn't be too much more difficult.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I have to get stronger, Theseus and the bull were NOT having this build :(

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game 2 days ago on the switch, loving it!

Any tips on the bow? I managed to beat Hades with the sword and the gauntlets, but I'm having a hard time with any bow aspects.

Also ever since I beat hades for the first time I'm having shit luck with my booms on the first lvl. Before I used to find rare booms on the first lvl, but since getting my first clear I haven't seen a single one. Did something change or it's just RNG?

Never even managed to pass Elysium with a bow. Shield dudes and the boss wreck
me...any tips for both?

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Any tips on the bow?
Practice perfect shots on the regular attack and unlock the first aspect asap. It's really super powerfull, especially when you have upgraded a bit and get more arrows on the special. If you're lucky you can even get a hammer that add 3/4 shot to the special on top.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Practice perfect shots on the regular attack and unlock the first aspect asap. It's really super powerfull, especially when you have upgraded a bit and get more arrows on the special. If you're lucky you can even get a hammer that add 3/4 shot to the special on top.

I have the the first aspect unlocked, still struggling lol

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
It's a bit of a weird weapon at first, you need to get into the groove of the "shoot/special/special/dash out of danger" rythm of it. You need good boons on the special and dash quickly into the run I think. I like getting crit chances on the special through Artemis and bolts on the dash through Zeus, you could aim for those with thes gods respective keepsakes, but other options work too.

As for your problem with rarities, I imagine you don't have all Mirror upgrades unlocked, there is stuff related to boon rarities in the latter stages of it. These help a lot in getting stronger.

Mazzo

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I just want to say that the fact that you can't (ending spoilers)
tend to Persephone's garden in a Harvest Moon-Like minigame
after you see the true ending is the only flaw of this game.

Last edited:

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit of a weird weapon at first, you need to get into the groove of the "shoot/special/special/dash out of danger" rythm of it. You need good boons on the special and dash quickly into the run I think. I like getting crit chances on the special through Artemis and bolts on the dash through Zeus, you could aim for those with thes gods respective keepsakes, but other options work too.

As for your problem with rarities, I imagine you don't have all Mirror upgrades unlocked, there is stuff related to boon rarities in the latter stages of it. These help a lot in getting stronger.

I'm having the worst luck with boons...like I'm doing a run right now with the bow again. I'm in Elysiun close to the boss I think, got a Poseidon's boon and they are all common LOL!

I'm working in the mirror, I have that option to increase the rarity at 10% right now.

Thanks for the help man!

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just unlocked aspects. What should i spend my Titan Blood on? I haven't been able to clear Elysium yet.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah, once you have maxed the "Rare Boons chance" and "Epic Boons chance", regular boons won't appear so much lol. I'm kinda bummed now when the boon I want the most our of the 3 is of the regular rarity :P

You're welcome, I just enjoy talking about the game when I can't play it lol. It's that good.

I just unlocked aspects. What should i spend my Titan Blood on? I haven't been able to clear Elysium yet.
IMHO the first aspects of the gauntlets and bow are great upgrades on the base weapons. The first aspects for the other weapons are cool too but not in a "oh shit this is so much better" way in my experience, at their base level at least.

Last edited:

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone help me figure out why Meg and Dusa's companion quests aren't triggering for me?

I finished giving both of them nectar like a dozen hours ago, I've cleared the game like 12 times, saw the first "ending" (first time the credits roll, I guess), and done what people say you need to do to unlock their locked heart level. I've beaten the furies with and without Extreme Measures innumerable times since giving Meg her last nectar, I've made 16 renovations to the lounge (spending 2-3 diamonds on these cosmetics sometimes!) and leveled up the Harpy Featherduster all the way. Nothing.

Thanatos is fine because I haven't reached the locked level yet, but for the other two it feels like there is some obscure trigger that I haven't met for some reason because by all accounts I should have talked to one of them by now. Maybe the answer is something so obvious that none of these guides think to mention it, so please feel free to shoot out any possible explanation!

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IMHO the first aspects of the gauntlets and bow are great upgrades on the base weapons. The first aspects for the other weapons are cool too but not in a "oh shit this is so much better" way in my experience, at their base level at least.
Good to know because i'm kinda mixed on the bow and the gauntlets were only second worst to the gun IMO.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Can someone help me figure out why Meg and Dusa's companion quests aren't triggering for me?

I finished giving both of them nectar like a dozen hours ago, I've cleared the game like 12 times, saw the first "ending" (first time the credits roll, I guess), and done what people say you need to do to unlock their locked heart level. I've beaten the furies with and without Extreme Measures innumerable times since giving Meg her last nectar, I've made 16 renovations to the lounge (spending 2-3 diamonds on these cosmetics sometimes!) and leveled up the Harpy Featherduster all the way. Nothing.

Thanatos is fine because I haven't reached the locked level yet, but for the other two it feels like there is some obscure trigger that I haven't met for some reason because by all accounts I should have talked to one of them by now. Maybe the answer is something so obvious that none of these guides think to mention it, so please feel free to shoot out any possible explanation!
At a certain point you're just at the mercy of the game's randomness when it comes to advancing storylines. The game makes it pretty clear once you reach that point, but until then just keep talking to them every time you're back at the House of Hades. If you're absolutely desperate to advance some stories you can always just go out on a run and deliberately die as soon as possible.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still very early on, but this is fast becoming one of my GOTYs. I suck, but I'm getting better. I think I've died about 10 or 11 times. I don't think I've ever left Tartarus, having only made it to to one or two boss fights (both of which I couldn't beat). I've only unlocked the sword, shield and bow, so I know I'm super early.

Love it though!

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm officially hooked. I did not expect to like this game at all but it is up there with the best rogue-like/lites I've ever played.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still very early on, but this is fast becoming one of my GOTYs. I suck, but I'm getting better. I think I've died about 10 or 11 times. I don't think I've ever left Tartarus, having only made it to to one or two boss fights (both of which I couldn't beat). I've only unlocked the sword, shield and bow, so I know I'm super early.

Love it though!

Do yourself a favor and try god mode!

Esch time you die you get 2% damage resistance up to 80%. It will take s long time for you to reach the cap and you will get to experience the rest of the game and the story!

Nothing else changes and you can turn it on/off whenever you want!

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to check how many hours I've played? I'm on Switch and I've been suspending the game and resuming since day 1. I don't even remember the title screen lol.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Unlocked Aspect of Rama for the bow and did a test run with 5 heat, I like the shared damage and the crowd control aspect but felt underpowered for bosses. Even died twice to the Elysium duo.

Ended up melting Hades while barely taking any damage just by spamming special from afar and using charge shot when he spammed mobs. I think I may like this thing more than I originally thought.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I'm still mad the hammers come from Daedalus and not Hephaistos. Like, what the fuck Supergiant?
I mean, Hephaistos would logically give boons, not hammers, and I can see why they'd want to differentiate the two. Also, it is kinda explained

The hammers are canonically just stuff Daedalus left behind while doing renovations to the Underworld. Doesn't make sense for that to be Hephaistos when Hades is on the outs with Olympus

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
Do yourself a favor and try god mode!

Esch time you die you get 2% damage resistance up to 80%. It will take s long time for you to reach the cap and you will get to experience the rest of the game and the story!

Nothing else changes and you can turn it on/off whenever you want!

This is a good tip, I didn't know God mode worked this way. Thanks!

I'm not quite ready to switch over to this mode yet though. I'm 26 runs in and the furthest I've reached is the Elysium boss duo. Historically I'm not good at run-based games, but I want to give this a good go before I give in. I definitely want to see everything the game has to offer.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
Is there any point to doing super high heat like 32? I hit the 22 limit, which states that there are no more bounty anymore. I've gotten onto the epilogue, I don't see why I should run 32 except for making my life harder?

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this post earlier today and tried it just now - got my first completion after 58 attempts! It is indeed awesome and melts health bars.
Congrats!

I've been doing some runs with it after I read your post and yeah it might be one of the highest DPS builds in the game. Even without getting good hammers (I just had the ammo and slow down hammers in this run) the DPS can get insane when you stack the absorb on top of it.

When I run Eris I don't even dodge in the final fight. The DPS is usually high enough that I can just kill him before triggering a death defiance.

Yeahhh damn it's so good, clip shows all you need to know really

I have to get stronger, Theseus and the bull were NOT having this build :(
It's definitely easier with mirror upgrades (more health/privileged status/boon rarity/re-roll boons)