Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
hmm the test is only on console?
yeah i'll pass
hope the beta comes to steam soon

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
I wish this game would just come out. The beta was a lot of fun, I just wanna play more.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or does matchmaking take a lot of time? I'm on PS5 but I would assume that PS4 and PS5 is crossplay?

Ghost edit: It was only for the first two messages. Now it works pretty well. Game's fun!

Last edited:

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
How is everybody enjoying the network test? This game is a ton of fun even if it borrows ideas from games like Overwatch. Most of the suits feel great to control and are pretty balanced IMO. Some suits need buffs, but overall the game is solid.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Didn't expect them to go First Person over 3rd Person like most of the other Gundam Games, but my excitement for Titanfall like action got crushed when it became clear it was just another hero shooter. This seems heavily inspired by Overwatch, which for me is a downer. There's also something off where the mechs don't feel like giant robots but more like people in suits, both from the player perspective and when seeing other players.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This seemed pretty solid until I ran into Barbatos and Exia constantly on the same team instantly killing everyone. Jesus lord the melee people are just not fun at all to fight with how mobile they are.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
How is everybody enjoying the network test? This game is a ton of fun even if it borrows ideas from games like Overwatch. Most of the suits feel great to control and are pretty balanced IMO. Some suits need buffs, but overall the game is solid.
I loved when I was playing it on PC and I still love it on console. Though the console one seems to be less stable on my end.
Didn't expect them to go First Person over 3rd Person like most of the other Gundam Games, but my excitement for Titanfall like action got crushed when it became clear it was just another hero shooter. This seems heavily inspired by Overwatch, which for me is a downer. There's also something off where the mechs don't feel like giant robots but more like people in suits, both from the player perspective and when seeing other players.
Yeah, if your not a fan of hero shooters, you're not gonna like this one. Gundam Battle Operation 2 is more Titanfall-like in that you are piolting more 'beliveable' mechs when it comes to scale and you can disembark to fight and navigate as a piolt, but its game play is more slower and stragety based than a typical FPS or TPS.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Digging this game and seeing myself playing this in the future but sure wish they could adjust things. Like as a Barbatos main, a 3rd person camera during the jump attack would be helpful to land attacks from above. Also a bunch of invisible walls when it should be easy to jump over with. And more oomph to the melee, I can't tell for shit if I'm actually hitting the enemies.

I also kinda find the battlefield-like modes a bit dull besides the one mode where everyone scrambles for the one moving domination point. I wouldn't mind a FFA or TDM.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I do not think I will be playing this just on preference, but it is a solid game and Pale Rider was tailor made for my playstyle.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
This game is a lot of fun but since yesterday I have a 10 game losing streak and it's kind of frustrating lol. First beta test day went much better for me. Just some bad luck.

Also, I don't know how I feel about daily challenges being tied to certain suits. I get that they want to have an incentive to play multiple suits, but this will eventually lead to moments where you're forced to play suits you don't like the playstyle of, you're really bad at or just don't enjoy at all. Also, it just increases the daily grind. Like today's challenges, you can get lucky and finish them in 3 matches, but if you're unlucky it can take forever... And matches can be quite long.

Edit: And just as I said that, I got a 3-win streak and twice MVP. Funny how that goes sometimes, haha...

Last edited:

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Great game. As a Gundam and Overwatch fan this is heaven. My gripes are minor and relative to a few invisible walls that impede verticality, and needing to remap buttons on console to make the game feel like every other shooter.

It's great. I am reserved because I played another anime based shooter with gits, and I don't want to invest a ton of time or money into a game that will be shut down in a year. I hope they stay committed and I hope the mass market/twitch crowd gets into it because it really does feel like Gundam x Overwatch.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These are spose to be house size mechs right? What are these gargantuan structures they are fighting in? Making those is more of a feat than the Gundams haha, is there subtle details on the maps that point to you being giant?

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Yeah, if your not a fan of hero shooters, you're not gonna like this one. Gundam Battle Operation 2 is more Titanfall-like in that you are piolting more 'beliveable' mechs when it comes to scale and you can disembark to fight and navigate as a piolt, but its game play is more slower and stragety based than a typical FPS or TPS.
Operation 2 does indeed look more like what I was looking for, though it is in 3rd person. Will check it out, thanks!

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
no code for me, sadly. Anyone got an extra?

Some lurker used already. Please add as a hidden link next time!

Any spare ps codes, please let me join! Thanks.

Didn't receive anything. anyone got an extra?

I signed up for Xbox and somehow didn't get a code.

This never happens lol.
Still need one for PS5/4?

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
These are spose to be house size mechs right? What are these gargantuan structures they are fighting in? Making those is more of a feat than the Gundams haha, is there subtle details on the maps that point to you being giant?
No. That's actually a common complaint a lot of people seemed to have had during the PC test.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Is the beta over in the morning? Only got to play a single match. It feels so much more comfortable on console than on PC for me. Turn A is so fun.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! So I've got time. Hope a release date is announced soon after it ends. I worry about just how F2Pish it's gonna be though.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
PS5/4 codes:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.