Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been into PvP games for a long time, but this is actually pretty fun. Fast-paced Overwatch with Gundams. Really want to play more of this when it's out.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Man is Char's Zaku going to really be playtest exclusive or they gonna just make it something you get early if you do the testing?

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I've only been able to play one match so far on Thursday night, hopefully I'll get some more time with it tonight.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Watched a stream and it looks competent and fun. I'll give it a try, but I wish the scale and environment makes it appear more you're in a mech. From the pov, it looks like human fps with mech skin.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Watched a stream and it looks competent and fun. I'll give it a try, but I wish the scale and environment makes it appear more you're in a mech. From the pov, it looks like human fps with mech skin.
Yeah this is also one of the feedbacks I gave them through the survey. It doesn't help there's no real sense of weight to any of the mechs either.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
They are fast, but movement is not as fast/nimble as humans. The limited thrusters also makes you feel a bit clunky as you can't essentially be running all the time, and some mobile suits have less thrust than others so you can only do a few spurts of speed.

It's faster paced than some would expect from mobile suits but it's also not quite as fast as something like Overwatch zippy players. Some suits clearly have lot more thrust and the flight options.

Slowing down suits would also murder the objective scenarios in this game for attackers

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Where I'm at with the characters:

Marasai - Speed up the hook

Exia - Don't use but seems fine

GM - Bomb activation needs to be faster

Guntank - Seems fine

Turn A - Needs a 3rd dash, doesn't really have much in terms of unique skillset

DOM - Reduce accuracy nerf while jumping

Asshimar - Maybe its me but flight mode is a little janky

GM Sniper - 2nd dash OR Longer active time on vulcan pod

Methuss - Seems fine

Sazabi - Seems fine

Barbatos - Reduce HP to 800 and/or reduce stun on smash. Enemies being insta-destroyed on smash seems like a weird decision as well, i'd like to know the reasoning behind that.

Zaku - Seems fine (and a bit underrated)

Gundam - Seems fine (yawn)

Pale Rider 76 - Fine
I agree with this. Especially with Zaku II, I was able to start and break pushes by harrasing the enemy and killing key enemy MS units thanks to its high mobility and burst damage. Reminds me of Ronin from Titanfall 2, who I also use in the same way.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I wish Exia's dashslash would stick to enemies better? Like I find myself going right past people sometimes and getting very disorientated. Or maybe it's moves just need better AV feedback for when the melee attacks land.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
After playing against Exias in the 2200 range, please don't buff Exia. Shit is more annoying than Barbatos

Aug 13, 2019
Hot damn, am I absolutely awful at this game. I thought I was playing with bots when I first started playing because I was actually doing well. Haven't won a match since those first three wins lol. As much as I wanna keep playing this game when it officially releases, I don't want to drag down my team because I suck so much. Still, the game is really cool. Dom Trooper has my favorite MVP animations.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Okay after playing GM a bit they have to be one of if not the best character. Insane utility and counterplay

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
This game is pretty damn fun. Almost makes me wanna play Overwatch again. Almost. I can't deal with Barbatos though. I literally can't hit him. Haven't really found a unit I like. All I know for sure is that I'm absolute trash with Marasai. Can't catch anyone with his wire move for shit.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This game is pretty damn fun. Almost makes me wanna play Overwatch again. Almost. I can't deal with Barbatos though. I literally can't hit him. Haven't really found a unit I like. All I know for sure is that I'm absolute trash with Marasai. Can't catch anyone with his wire move for shit.

The hook delay is too long, and it's not like you're guaranteed a kill if you land it either. The amount of skill and effort to get a 1v1 kill with it when compared to Barbatos is hilarious

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I've been watching a few streams here and there...whats the strategy against Barbatos?? Anything that gets anywhere near him is just dead. Literally "BARBATOS SMASH!!" I mean yeah hes supposed to have an overwhelming advantage in close range but damn people just get straight up deleted in like 2 hits.

threi

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I've been watching a few streams here and there...whats the strategy against Barbatos?? Anything that gets anywhere near him is just dead. Literally "BARBATOS SMASH!!" I mean yeah hes supposed to have an overwhelming advantage in close range but damn people just get straight up deleted in like 2 hits.
They get the jump on you = GG Shake my hand

Both in neutral = Barbatos players are a little predictable, save your dashes and watch for the jump. That doesn't guarantee you can get the kill though, especially with how many movement options it has. Generally you want to disrupt the player's movement as much as possible.

The kit is fine, the damage is fine, but the health doesn't match the movement options, compared to the rest of the cast.

closer

Oct 25, 2017

main thing is to have a dash ready to deal with his right click, which makes a pretty loud whirring sound when it's ready. having a stun and sticking near your team is pretty good too. try not to fight him in tight spots. i mostly play gundam which I think deals with barbatos pretty well

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Wait for him to charge/jump and then dash away. Punish them on the landing. GM has shield bash, Gundam has mace, Sazabi has axe throw, and I know there are a few other stuns to punish with. Or if you are sniper just jump pad away, wait for them to charge up and headshot (this one is obviously not as consistent lol). Yeah it is definitely hard to do it though without any coordination and especially in the middle of firefights. Just have to pay attention to the sound cue

closer

Oct 25, 2017
the nice thing is that, even tho ppl have been playing this game 3 days max, everyone is super conditioned to focus him if he shows up on their screen so you mainly have to watch your positioning lol. but due to the sound his right click makes, im like less worried about getting ambushed by him than say gundam or type a

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Wait for him to charge/jump and then dash away. Punish them on the landing. GM has shield bash, Gundam has mace, Sazabi has axe throw, and I know there are a few other stuns to punish with. Or if you are sniper just jump pad away, wait for them to charge up and headshot (this one is obviously not as consistent lol). Yeah it is definitely hard to do it though without any coordination and especially in the middle of firefights. Just have to pay attention to the sound cue
I find him way too fast to get a tomahawk on. He's truly ridiculous.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty great idea.

Would be all over it for Transformers or Zone of the Enders. Gonna try give this a whirl anyway since it is freeeee.

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
Okay after playing GM a bit they have to be one of if not the best character. Insane utility and counterplay

Agreed I've been playing a lot of RGM tonight. The sustainability it has in a fight is really crazy. I was dueling a Zaku II and it kept running over to health packs while I just kept going and going lol.

Not to mention shield bashing Barbatos and the like. Really great utility like you said!

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Barbatos is broken piece of shit.

GM Sniper rifle is also waaaayyy to easy to use. Im not even a great player of these types of games and im getting constant huge kill streaks cause of how easy it is to get headshots in this game. It seems to have super generous hit boxes and also the sniper rifle has like no sway or deviation while moving so you can just side step and get constant headshots. Just got out of a game of 18 kill killstreak cause I was just sniping fools left and right with headshots, something I never do in FPS games. They need to make the rifle slightly less accurate since it can one shot lot of the weaker suits.

Game is fun and has lot of potential with the IP, but the unit balance is a huge mess

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Fun so far, hopefully the quirks are ironed out at launch, could be a good bit of fun with a squad, gonna be hard to scrounge up a 6 stack this long after OW kicked the bucket tho

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
judging from the footage, seems like game's pretty much ready for release no?
steam page says 2022
i'm expecting it to be released within 6 months

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Just got done with my last matches with 30 hours overall, 5 in training, 25 playing matches. Overall, I enjoyed this alot more than I had expected to. Some suits obivously need balancing, and there were some connection hiccups during my playthroughs, but it was a pretty smooth network experience overall. Can't wait for the game to come out so I can blast 'The Winner' while playing again!
I'm just going to cry myself to sleep now.
Don't worry, the Seed Gundams and MSs will make it in, they're too popular to not be in and the game already has the Seed version of the DOM. If not the intial roster, then definitely in the first round of MS additions.

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
I think Barb can be quite the pain however the only adjustment I think it needs is to lower its hp to 800. As the test went on you could tell people were adapting to dealing with barb much better. GM sniper on the other hand is just straight unfun to play against on certain maps. no way should it be that ez to land instant kill headshots.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
I received my console network test code this morning so check your emails. Preload is available.

The test begins on Thursday, June 23rd @ 7:00pm PDT and ends on Tuesday, June 28th @ 6:00am PDT

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I received my code as well. Looking forward to finally trying out this game.