hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Noooo, what the fuck, man. So young. Rest in peace, Grant. Thanks for everything you taught me, and all the inspiration you gave me.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
What a terrible way to start a Tuesday...

Grant wasn't just smart, he made being smart fun and interesting. He was always entertaining no matter how dry and technical the topic was. And he did all this while still being relatable, personable, and kind.
This is a big loss...

Guffers

Nov 1, 2017
This is dreadful, rest in peace Grant. My grandmother went the same way when she was 37. Complained of a headache one night, passed out, and was gone. Just like that. The wall between life and death is really tenuous, these kinds of events remind us of that.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I looked at the thread title in disbelief at first. RIP Grant. He was only 49 years old. A brain aneurysm.

Brain aneurysms are just so fucked up, just all of a sudden boom someone's dead.

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RIP.

He was always a joy to watch and that seemed to carry over to all those he knew personally.

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
WHAT? I'm gutted, I used to enjoy watching Mythbusters as a kid. RIP Grant. 49 is too young.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man... woke up to this news. Just horrible.. Always really enjoyed his content and he seemed like such a cool guy and overall a great person to be around.

RIP... damn it. Way too young.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know the word isn't "unfair", but I can't think of a better word. How do you live life, doing either the awesome or the mundane, and then just die from something popping in your head?!

Way too young. RIP.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is tragic, rest in peace.

Man, the build team on MythBusters were one of my favorite parts.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Read the news before bed last night and it still just as awful feeling in the morning. I looked up to everyone on the Mythbusters and they all seemed like great and inspiring people, especially Grant. Massive loss and tragedy. Just awful news.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Read the news before bed last night and it still just as awful feeling in the morning. I looked up to everyone on the Mythbusters and they all seemed like great and inspiring people, especially Grant. Massive loss and tragedy. Just awful news.
same. Its rare that celebrity deaths affect me. the last one was Robin Williams. But i've watched literally every episode of myhtbusters. He was great. This is just so sad cause he still had so much life ahead of him.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
This one hurt. I loved Grant on Mythbusters and always thought he seemed, positive, energetic, and kind. I'll miss you Grant.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
This is a tragic loss. We were just rewatching some Mythbusters the other day and appreciated what a great engineer Grant was.

Oct 27, 2017
Over the past couple years I've been trying to get every episode of Mythbusters for my Plex sever (side note, it's currently impossible to get complete versions of every episode), so I've been watching a lot of Mythbusters. Grant dying hits super hard, since I've been watching him almost every few days for a while now.

I hope it was quick and painless, and that his last day was filled with joy. I hope is family and friends can find comfort. I hope Grant knew just how much he meant to people, and how much he helped spread a love of science to millions.

May 8, 2018
Saw this yesterday and it saddened me a lot. If the aneurysm thing is true it sucks. That runs in my family. Sadly the men in my family are susceptible to dying that way. My uncle did die that way in fact when I was a child.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
brother casually mentioned this to me and i couldn't believe it. incredibly sad and unexpected, rest in peace mr. imahara!

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
Fuck... rest in peace to an incredibly bright and talented man. We grew up on Mythbusters and I just happened to look him up the other day to see what the crew has been up to.

Brain aneurysms are beyond scary; my fiancee's aunt had one burst around 5 years ago just as she parked at the grocery store. She came to a few minutes later, and actually drove herself to the hospital ER down the street. By an extreme stroke of luck and timeliness, she survived, but my goodness the events were razor thin. She just so happened to drive herself, if she called for an ambulance and waited she wouldn't have made it. She stumbled into the ER and the nurse just so happened to acknowledge there was some brain trauma occurring and immediately rushed her in. She also just so happened to have it when one of the top neurosurgeons in the country was present at the hospital, and was able to jump right in to surgery. She barely survived.

She got another scan this past fall and they discovered 2 new aneurysms had developed. They decided to opt for preventative surgery to take care of them before they ruptured, but she almost didn't make it then either. Recovery was very long, but she's now back to her normal self. Life is beautiful and scary at the same time, things like this really make you perceive mortality in new ways.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Awful, and what's even worse is that there's not a damn thing you can do to avoid it. This could happen to anyone at any time. Cherish your time while you have it.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Fuck. Fuck. Triple grade A fuck. Myhtbusters was my support while going through a very depressive time. Continued to watch for years to come. This year man, god damnit.