Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rain + Spa + more cars? Excellent update :D

Tha's a lot of new content but how many cars did it launch with?
168 I believe? Maybe 162 like the poster above said

300+ is still a somewhat small number especially compared to past GT's but at least it is more in an acceptable realm.

Last edited:

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
ECqGJCEWwAUdF_W

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Have a feeling that the new partnership might be with FIA WEC. Would make sense given that Spa is coming. It would also mean that we may hopefully get modern GTE cars such as the new Aston V8 Vantage, Ferrari 488 GTE and also other WEC circuits such as Silverstone, Shanghai, Bahrain and Sebring in time.

Edit: I would also hope for other modern GTE cars such as the Ford GT and BMW M8 GTE but they're not participating in this years WEC and I think they're exclusive to Forza so we might not be so lucky there.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
I understand that real circuits are the meat and potatos of a Sport version of Gran Turismo.

But I really want to see the old fantasy tracks in the game. Or at least in Gran Turismo 7.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Have a feeling that the new partnership might be with FIA WEC. Would make sense given that Spa is coming. It would also mean that we may hopefully get modern GTE cars such as the new Aston V8 Vantage, Ferrari 488 GTE and also other WEC circuits such as Silverstone, Shanghai, Bahrain and Sebring in time.

Edit: I would also hope for other modern GTE cars such as the Ford GT and BMW M8 GTE but they're not participating in this years WEC and I think they're exclusive to Forza so we might not be so lucky there.

A WEC partnership would be awesome :)

mcfizzle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Finally, one of the greatest tracks in the world comes back to GT. I can't wait the drive Eau Rogue/Raidillon in VR. Hopefully the new partnership is something interesting as well.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Just announced on the NY event: Michelin is the new Sony/Polyphony Partner.

EVBjIr2.jpg

Sony and Michelin will trade data over the next three years to try to simulate even more realistically how tires can behave on the game. Michelin might help fund the GT real events as well.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Another solid update. I'll gladly take the S2000 while continuing to patiently await any 10th-generation Honda Civic. Preferably the Si or Type-R.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
It does seem to be more than just logos for the Michelin tires:

Scott Clark, Executive Vice President of the Americas Region for Michelin Group, Responsible for the Company's Global Automotive, Motorsports and Experiences Business Segments:
"This relationship is a perfect match, connecting the most successful virtual driving experience with the global leader for high-performance tires, Michelin leads the industry in tire simulation. Michelin develops and tunes virtual tires on virtual vehicles before the tires are even produced, with extremely accurate translation to real tires on real vehicles. Combining this technology with real motorsports data will enable Polyphony to bring more tire strategy into the game, and in the longer term, also to help more people understand the critical role that Michelin tires play in optimizing vehicle performance."

Gran Turismo Series Producer, Kazunori Yamauchi:
"The FIA Certified Gran Turismo Championships is founded on a technical base established through 25 years of automotive physics simulation within Gran Turismo, and the unique automotive culture that it has achieved over the years. Having Michelin, the world's leading tire brand with its passion for motorsports and solid engineering knowledge coming on board as an official tire supplier of the championships and a technical partner of the game itself, helps us continue in our vision of bridging the gap between virtual and real racing, and highlights these events as the future of motorsports."

Excited to see the changes

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Well, it's not confirmed that Spa is in this next update. GTPlanet said they saw it would be another track, so it is possible that Spa will be available only in September or October.

OP
OP
Mr. Pointy

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I hope Spa is delayed until next patch and we get... Watkins Glen or Parcmotor Castelloli this month instead.

Spa this month would be alright though.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Rain incoming. 2 options to choose for the Red Bull Ring in the demo at the New York FIA event.

ECwb_qmWsAEvtEr

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder it it'll be the same for all circuits...rain but only in one day and one night setting. It covers all the bases I guess but it would be nice to see a 'dazzling sunshine just after it stops raining' setting amongst others.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Spa!! Woohooo!

Edit: Seconded to those saying we need Watkins Glen next. Great track, two configurations, one nice and simple for lower class cars and a longer more technical one for anything and everything.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I had a random thought. Maybe the wrong thread to ask this, but is anyone besides me of the opinion that FUCK tracks where they put the sun in your eyes? I don't care if it's a simulation, fuck you for doing that.