Oct 25, 2017
I was really sad that UK vited for Brexit, I really wish that had not happened. You are on your 3rd incompetent PM in a row and that sucks.

But, after all, I just wish that 31.10. comes as soon as possible and that the UK finally leaves, no deal and all so the rest of Europe can focus on its own business and all its own problems. Sucks for Europe and especially for Remainers, but just leave already. And have Trump build you a wall while you're at it.

I mean, there are plenty of EU citizens who will be fucked by Brexit as it currently stands, not least of all in the EU country you want a wall built along the border of. UK "just leaving already" will create a lot of Europe's "own problems".

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think there's a fairly strong argument that he wouldn't have had the same red lines as Theresa May, wouldn't have been as hostile to immigration, and wouldn't have turned remainers into saboteurs and enemies of the people like she did, or normalised no deal with vacuous slogans. We probably could have muddled our way to a soft brexit.
I think by that time he had realised that there was no hope for the Conservative base and more importantly the ERG who would demand blood.

Everything that has happened leading up to and since the referendum has been solely to keep the Conservatives from imploding and the most fucked up part is that regardless of potentially fucking over the country for generations, they may well have just saved themselves.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Geoff she's always had it - to date it's never been worth the risk of using it - so she's never used it. It's all over the news and various forums. She legally has the power to do it, it's why the entire process exists.

WC5DF6k.png
Fun fact - I went to school right next to St. Austell Brewery!!

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
He promised a referendum because he bet that the Lib Dems would have enough support to stop him and thus he could go 'oh well supporters, I tried but those dastardly lib dems stopped me'.

Unfortunately he won a much larger share of the votes then anticipated and thus could no longer rely on the Lib Dems stopping him and realised he had to go through with the vote.

Because this was something he never wanted or agreed with, he basically said 'well good luck trying to sort this shit show out, I'm off!' and fucked off to not have to deal with the consequences of his failed bet.

I don't disagree that the dude fucked the country while searching for political leverage. I think the referendum should've never happened.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Global recession inc I guess. Fucking boomers.
I'm not anti-royalist on principle that I do think there's benefits to a royal family to exist to keep the government in check.

I'm just anti-this particular royal family.
"I'm not anti-Royalist, I'm anti-Royalist who refuses to do what I want" is as far from a principled position as you can get.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go ahead and guess that this isn't the most democratic thing to happen to the UK...

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Yeah, what can I do about it. It's your mess, you fucked up, you clean up.
Europe tried to help you avoid the shit for the past 3 years, you refused it all.
You could shut the fuck up and not tell us your blase view about the return of terrorism to Northern Ireland and the imminent death of some of the most vulnerable people in the UK.

Not posting is always an option.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Is this the greatest internal crisis in the UK since the Cromwell rebellion? I guess you would have to factor in The Troubles but....

Oct 26, 2017
I was really sad that UK vited for Brexit, I really wish that had not happened. You are on your 3rd incompetent PM in a row and that sucks.

But, after all, I just wish that 31.10. comes as soon as possible and that the UK finally leaves, no deal and all so the rest of Europe can focus on its own business and all its own problems. Sucks for Europe and especially for Remainers, but just leave already. And have Trump build you a wall while you're at it.

I hear ya, this charade has gone on for long enough. I'm sick of the UK government constant EU bashing. (tho that prolly won't change post-brexit)

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I don't get monarchy supporters. A monarchy is the exact opposite of what a democratic and equalitarian society should be. People who are rich and powerful because they born in the right family. They have power over the elected officials just because.

It's a gross system.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get monarchy supporters. A monarchy is the exact opposite of what a democratic and equalitarian society should be. People who are rich and powerful because they born in the right family. They have power over the elected officials just because.

It's a gross system.

But when the elected officials are this bloody stupid, who can you believe in?

7aged

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to Tory cuts there aren't enough police of soldiers for martial law. Some that are available will probably be sent to NI if there is No Deal as well.
Nah, there's plenty of money for the likes of SO15. Government always happy to spend on heavily armed storm troopers for "counter-terrorism" and such (aka show of state power). Regular bobbies, not so much.

Edit: it would be interesting to see what they'd do in NI. The RUC was disbanded as part of GFA

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (5 days): excessive hostility towards another member, previous warned for inappropriate language
Yeah, what can I do about it. It's your mess, you fucked up, you clean up.
Europe tried to help you avoid the shit for the past 3 years, you refused it all.

If you think as soon as the UK leaves that'll be the end of it, you're extremely naive. Also get fucked, cunt.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
If someone can bring a vote of no confidence in Boris and win it then he'll either have no choice but to keep parliament open or call a general election. I think it'll be open for a few days before being closed again.

Nov 9, 2017
I thought the Queen was a figurehead with no power and that there is absolutely no harm in allowing the Monarchy to remain?

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Alright, having read the source article and a few other sources... I'm still fairly wildly confused on the scope of this. Can someone explain this in simpler terms to my dumb little American brain?

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Tbf, it'd be more worrying if the Queen did stand up to it. The last thing we need is the Royals being more than a massive financial drain on our country and thinking that they're allowed to make massive political decisions just because of who mummy and daddy were.
If the queen had some balls, she'd reject this motion, then willfully receive all the backslash, then abdicate and end the monarchy when it's too late to go with this foolishness.

Now THAT'D be one for the history books.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we stop making movies about how brave and influential the queen is now? Im watching Victoria right now and im struggling to understand what exactly she does. Even back in the mid 1850s, monarchy was basically a puppet. everything from The Crown to the Kings Speech and that Helen Mirren Queen movie is all bs. these people are useless and they know it. they just want free shit and to live like kings. they have zero power and zero influence over the state of the country. they are glorified celebrities at best.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha what a fool Nigel Farage is
hahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahaha look at this bumbling clown Boris Johnson, what an idiot

oh no, they've won and we're all fucked :(

Pay attention ffs

(not you Ash)

I'd compare it to some crackheads ripping all the copper pipes out of the walls and selling the scrap metal for pennies on the dollar. Yes, the crackheads made money, but they made everything worse, and didn't even extract maximum value.

When Farage is saying "things are looking pretty good," he's not gloating, he's spinning, and doing it embarrassingly transparently, because he's saying the house is looking pretty good, but in reality he's thinking about how his next crack high is gonna feel. And the house is your house.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Nope.

Not even kidding when I say this, I've drafted out a suicide note. Because when No Deal happens, things will get worse for anyone who doesn't match what the fascists consider normal.
Don't to reckless things man.
We crawled back from terrible war and where able to make things better in the long run, those people un power right now are just passing by, they aren't eternal.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This is extremely fucked up but not shocking after Boris got in power.

This doesn't just have severe ramifications for the UK if we crash out with no deal, it could tip the balance worldwide and push towards a global recession.

Luckily there are ways still to avoid this and Boris doesn't have the power he thinks he does. A tin pot dictator is far more easily removed in a democratic country.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

When it's shutdown
That's not me and it's shutdown
Ring ring EU, it's shutdown
Brexit week and it's shutdown
Went to the show sitting in the front row
In the blacked out suit and it's shutdown
Touch the road and it's shutdown
Boris better know when it's shutdown

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I think those in the EU who think the UK being a mess is good also live in a fantasy land. It's not going to be good for anyone. It's just a mess.