• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So from the current awards we know 3 votes of the TGA jury Death Stranding is getting, Hollywood reporter, Famitsu and jeuxvideo.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So from the current awards we know 3 votes of the TGA jury Death Stranding is getting, Hollywood reporter, Famitsu and jeuxvideo.

Frankly I'm shocked that Famitsu would give Death Stranding their vote! They've distanced themselves so far from the game :P

And I think that trying to extrapolate TGA votes from this won't really work because of the fairly significant contender in Smash Bros Ultimate. Still think Death Stranding is going to win it but Smash definitely seems like a bit of an unexpected underdog to me so who knows.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
I'm seeing a lot of "No Fire Emblem?!?"

This game has tons of filler quests, the monestary is basically busywork, the story is as bad as any 3ds FE, the difficulty on Normal is a snooze, it was ugly as hell. I wouldn't consider it overlooked if it doesn't win a single award.
We've got a hot take here!

I can see the complaints about the gameplay and/or the graphics, but I feel like anyone saying that Three Houses' storytelling and/or characterization was as bad as the 3DS games really needs to go back and play them again - Awakening and Fates' stories and characters are far worse than you remember.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
I wonder if they read this thread. I remember last year when somebody posted in that thread about them making a mistake it was fixed shortly after.

Yeah, last year they thanked Resetera...

gotypicks.blogspot.com

2018 GAME OF THE YEAR

2018 Game of the Year - from media outlets * Video Game Awards Only - The Video Game includes Console games, PC games, Handheld games, ...

... at the bottom of the web page.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Or your taste in games just sucks? That's more likely.

Your wise and well reasoned comment has raised the discourse of this place forever. Thank you.

I feel like we played a completely different game.

lol trust me I really wanted to love this game.

We've got a hot take here!

I can see the complaints about the gameplay and/or the graphics, but I feel like anyone saying that Three Houses' storytelling and/or characterization was as bad as the 3DS games really needs to go back and play them again - Awakening and Fates' stories and characters are far worse than you remember.

Maybe I'm misremembering how awful those stories were so I should have just said "I did not like this story."

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
There's been a lot of great games this year but none of them would have topped God of War for number of awards or even Red Dead Redemption 2 if they released this year.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
IGN reader poll winner are usually counted towards the GOTY blog list.

Lol wonder what happens now with the controversy surrounding it?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
This year already looks like it'll be a much tighter race for the highest number of GoTY winners.

So many good selections.

Sams88

Oct 9, 2019
Very, very early days.

But it does look like Death Stranding and RE2 will battle it out for the top spot. With a Control & Sekiro shootout for the final podium spot. Maybe there's a Nintendo game that could sneak into the top three. But not looking likely.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
RE2, Sekiro, Death Stranding, and Control all firmly in contention. What a cool year.

(Oh and Death Stranding won the IGN Reader's Choice poll)

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i was thinking giant bomb will give it to either control or outer worlds. but most likely control, they were slightly down on the podcast recently.

Sadnarav

Nov 6, 2019
I think it's pretty possible to Control to take the Giant Bomb this year. Maybe RE2 but I don't think that it was as well liked as Control

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
If both IGN and Gamespot give it to Control.

It might win TGA as well , am assuming their voting is somewhat weighted like Metacritic.
It is not (as should be).

I can't see at work,what they add today?
Control winning Sekiro winning Brazil Game Awards is a good indications to TGA,since I think 3 or 4 juries of TGA are also jury in Brazil G.A.,but we also now at least 3 juries choice Death Stranding.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
i see, just saw it was included in previous years as well. still, doesn't make much sense.
Why not?Represent the opinion of the readers of the said professional sites,that why it has Critics and Reader's choice, also most of the time it is better the opinion by readers,because the sample amount and to see how the critics and readers can diverge,like IGN's case,and for example this forum is included too.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why not?Represent the opinion of the readers of the said professional sites,that why it has Critics and Reader's choice, also most of the time it is better the opinion by readers,because the sample amount and to see how the critics and readers can diverge,like IGN's case,and for example this forum is included too.
i just assumed it was all critics picks. my bad, should have looked more into past years, i wasn't really following the blog before this year.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
i just assumed it was all critics picks. my bad, should have looked more into past years, i wasn't really following the blog before this year.

Most of the time it doesn't have much of an impact cause the reader's choice and critic's choice generally pick the same game the most. The one time I can think of it really mattering is 2016 when Overwatch had 1 more critic's choice (so neck and neck) but Uncharted 4 had like 60 more reader's choices and absolutely obliterated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.