• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I currently have Verizon FiOS Gigabit (New York) for $80 /mo. With the FiOS gateway router, I get 246 Mbps on Wifi via my laptop and 855 Mbps on my current desktop wired through Ethernet.

Expensive, but its really worth it IMO.

Yun

Oct 27, 2017
It's incredible and I hope other Era members can experience it for a nice low price. I currently pay $129 a month for the service plus the cable that comes along with it. I'm absolutely thrilled by the performance. I was able to download Destiny 2 while my dad played Battlefield with $0 lag. I love this.

What are your internet speeds, and do you plan to upgrade?

I pay 39.90 for 10 gbit up and down. Recently upgraded my network equipment for 10gbit too.

Gosh you gotta love Switzerland.

Macnair

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
My plan got upgraded to 1gbps for $48 before which was too much for our household so we decided to downgrade to 500mbps for $35.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
500/500 @ 22 USD currently. Somewhat happy, the customer support is bollocks though.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I have a high speed service too, but the sites I connect to throttle everything on their end. I doubt I'll ever actually get full speed with any high speed service.

It looks great with Speedtest.net though. Too bad Speed test doesn't represent real-world downloading.

Speedtest will show speed like 600 down, but when I go download an update for iTunes or some other site/service, it tops off around 18 to 20 down.

Makes me wonder if it's even worth it to have all that bandwidth when I never get close to that with daily downloads and connections.

Rick Sanchez

Oct 27, 2017
I pay $92 monthly, speed depends on maintaining signal strength ... i got 250kbps to 1Mbps. this is sucks and i feel stupid.

Jan 20, 2019
Oof, this thread definitely makes me a lean a bit harder towards becoming an ex-pat. I'm paying $65/mo for 200Mbps download, but the kicker is that during "peak" traffic hours I'll see that greatly reduced to 20-30Mbps. Still enough for most tasks, but we've definitely overloaded our network with devices and duties before and it sucks to pay full price and not get full performance.

I'm moving in a few months and hopefully will be able to switch providers to one that offers more consistent and faster service.

Doomtrain

Oct 27, 2017
200 Mbits Download/ 20 Mbits Upload including landline (weird, I know) and cable services for only 60 dollars, I live in the Dominican Republic

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Comcast is our only option. Best I can get is 175 down (usually tests in the 190s) and I think it's 25up. It has a 1 TB cap too.

fast_taker

Oct 28, 2017
Athens, Greece
I can feel your excitement. You remind me of myself when upgraded from 30/5 vdsl to fiber 100/10 with phone services and no data caps with 35$/month. I plan to upgrade to 200/20 next month and then go to 1gbps as soon as it becomes available. Many people think that that kind of speeds are not necessary but i am pretty sure that as soon as the experience the ultra fast speeds they will never go back to 30/50 mbps. As you said you can download huge amounts of data ultra fast and play games with zero lag at the same time. It is marvelous.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Literally got an email from Spectrum this last Friday that they upgraded me from 100mb to 200mb down for free. I think I'm paying about $70 a month. Where are you in LA that you're only getting 70mb? The lowest tier in my area was 100mb when I signed up.

The account is in my roommate's name, so I need to investigate further. Checking their website now we should be getting "up to" 200 Mbps down on the lowest tier, and it's never been anywhere near that fast.

Last edited:

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I just received notice from Spectrum that my 100mbs internet has been increased to 200 mbs at no cost effective immediately.
The only problem is that speed is bottlenecked by my 100 mbps router so I'm only getting 90ish speeds when I could be getting 200+
I pay $45 for this, it would've been more if they didnt mess up on my billing so I'm on my 2nd year paying that price.
I'll wait for BF or Cyber Monday to upgrade my router.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I'm getting 100 mbps from spectrum when I move in a week for 45 dollars. That's all I need - anyone who lives solo doesn't need more unless their ninja

evilcar

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome aboard OP! I'm running Fios gig and on average my downloads/upload speed are ~980. I run so many devices in my house and it just always works flawlessly.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Los Feliz; the account is in my roommate's name, so I need to investigate further. Checking their website now we should be getting "up to" 200 Mbps down on the lowest tier, and it's never been anywhere near that fast.

Verify your router/modem?
The modem should be docsis 3.0.
I called Spectrum as soon as I received the mail, we tested everything and found I can run 200+ straight from the modem. The rep was kind enough to provide me the # to my router manufacturer so I called and found my router only being able to run 100 mbps on wired.
Another issue you may be having, I've read living in an apartment puts a limit but I could be wrong.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
100 Mbps/15 Mbps @ $65/mo. To be fair*, this is a big improvement over 15 Mbps/1Mbps @ $60/mo, which is what it was before the merger and some state-mandated improvements.

And I'd be fine with that—I was "fine" with 15Mbps down—if it wasn't dead obvious that the limitations and pricing structure are only being imposed by Spectrum because there is no competition. Going from 15 Mbps to 100 Mbps at my house was a matter of "Welp, your internet's faster now", almost as if it required zero infrastructure changes. A few miles away where there are coincidentally more ISP choices, customers at least have the option for 200 or 300 Mbps down. It's so goddamn transparent and the knowledge that I'm being overcharged and underserved is fucking infuriating.

I've got the best Spectrum offers in my area and to be honest I don't need faster internet—but yes hell I plan to upgrade; a local ISP is building out fiber. And though it'll probably take years, I'm sustaining myself with the thought of the Spectrum retention convo.

"Is there anything we can do to keep your business?"
"Sure, just match their offer! 500/500 @ $60/mo."
"..."
"Well, how about lowering my bill to $10/mo? Since you're offering me 1/5th the speed for a higher price right now."
"..."

* by "to be fair", I mean fuck Spectrum.

Last edited:

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
We've got Gigabit speed via Verizon, along with the cable for around $145 per month. I'm used to this speed and think nothing of installing a large sized game.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Damn, that's a nice quality of life bump if you don't have to worry about your downloads affecting anyone else.

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting 250 down/25 up (paying for up to 400 down) but it's another $60 for 1Gb. Also, I doubt I can get that speed anyway.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Wow sure the prices are high in USA...
I have 1gbps fiber + all phone calls for 19€ at month here in italy... no data cap also, at least here its not a thing that exist... still...

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
I have gigabit. Unfortunately only makes gaming bearable in an old house. WiFi signal doesn't travel in here. So I get like 20MB in the basement.
Yeup i need to run like a 90ft ethernet cord to get the most out of it lmao
Have you guys tried powerline? It would fix your problem and if you're paying for that Internet speed it has to be a good solution (especially the faster powerlines available)'

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
I pay $140ish for 500 mbit. I have no enforced data cap yet, but they list one in my settings and if xfinity thought they could get away with it(verizon is available in my general area) I know they'd enforce it in a second.

Slv

Oct 26, 2017
Latvia
For many many years i had a maximum of 10 Mbit DSL or either a 40-50 Mbit home 4G Router, that could get up to 100 Mbit in a good day. Finally moved out of my childhood home, in to a flat, and i got now a 800/800 mbit connection, no limits, 30 EUR per month, i could not be happier :D Just need to upgrade the router for faster wireless.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, $90 for 1gbps unlimited with TV

Bell obsessively wants you to have their tv, if I remove it my internet actually becomes more than $90 lol

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
I currently have free 100/100 fibre Internet connection. 1Gbps connection would cost about 30 euros/mo. I'll probably upgrade to it at some point but so far the slower connection has been fine. No datacaps.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I would kill for some Gigabit Internet. I currently get 300 down 20 up with Charter Spectrum. I believe we pay a bit more than that. Google or some other provider can't come soon enough.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I live in Chicago and we are lucky enough to get 1000GB fiber with at&t here. For the first year it was 70 or 80 bucks for the 12 months and now it is 90 bucks a month. Internet only, 940mbps on speedtest. No tv and no phone. I am pretty happy. Sucks that PSN copies data slowly for some things. But yeah downloading stuff in minutes is awesome. I think the fastest i ever downloaded a 40GB thing on ps4 was like under 3-4 minutes.

I think so long as it stays below 120ish for the next few years I am okay with it. I can see it going up 10 bucks a year though.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I just got my Gigabit plan as well today...upload speed is definitely better now than it was before!