• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to the Gibabit family.

Been enjoying 1.5Gb Internet for the past year, and 1Gb Internet for about 4.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I'm lucky enough to live in an area where Google built out their fiber infrastructure (and provide it). It's a shame they stopped that operation though. It's been amazing.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's incredible and I hope other Era members can experience it for a nice low price. I currently pay $129 a month for the service plus the cable that comes along with it. I'm absolutely thrilled by the performance. I was able to download Destiny 2 while my dad played Battlefield with $0 lag. I love this.

What are your internet speeds, and do you plan to upgrade?

Gigabit up and down, and it costs way less than $129.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I'm more than fine with 100/100 no cap for $18 a month after currency (€/$) conversion.

The problem is the shitty latency in almost every game so I hate playing online, although PS NOW's performance is incredible (I can even play good games of freaking Raiden IV Overkill ffs), so YMMV.

This is in Tenerife, Canary Islands (Spain).

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the highest my ISP offers which is a measly 100 down / 10 up. It's bundled with cable and a landline for about US$70 a month.

This may be the third world but at least we don't have those ridiculous data caps I keep hearing Americans deal with.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
also have WOW and I'm pretty sure this connection's 1GB on Ethernet/a computer with a wireless card that isn't garbage (or at least it was performing like that back when I had this plugged in via Ethernet)

but this computer barely manages a tenth of that on wifi. and it's super fucking jarring because it still gets the full upload stream, somehow

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
$45 for 100/100 which is plenty for gaming & media streaming. Only my wife and I in the house. I honestly can't imagine why I would need more lol. I never have buffering in movies (Hulu, Netflix, etc.) and gaming is smooth... and that was even when I was 50/50.

I guess if I want to download that multi-gig game right NOW ... but I am patient in my old age for the most part. It can DL while I sleep.

EDIT: This is just now, with my wife watching Netflix, and me playing WoW, and my daughter browsing our Plex Media looking for her graduation videos (so she is not really using any bandwidth yet ;P)

KPQqtf0.png

Gorthaur

Oct 28, 2017
I pay around $44 for 10Gbps down 3Gbps up and Netflix included in Paris, France. Internet is really cheap here.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I've been on gigabit for about four years now. I get about 900 down and about 950 up for $80/month.

The real advantage is the latency, or lack thereof.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I have less than 1% of OP's speed and that's actually a 5x speed upgrade from where I was two months ago.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I can't talk about my internet company in too much detail but I will say that I get decent, consistent speeds all around.

30MB down (that's the big B, not the small one... So approx 240mbps) and ~12MB up. Southernish US.

Last edited:

KlausX

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 13, 2019
Welcome to the 1GB internet train.

I got mine installed a couple months back and going from 70 DL to 1GB DL was heaven sent.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
AT&T skipped my neighborhood for the fiber roll out, thanks assholes. 200Mb ain't bad though for $60 on spectrum and I just upgraded to my personal docsis 3.1 modem and sent back their trash.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I pay $30/mo for 100Mbps and it's more than enough.
I thought so too, but after becoming used to gigabit for a few years and then moving to another city I felt I had to upgrade from the standard 100 to 250. It makes a big difference when downloading hundreds of gigabytes of patches/games every month.

Last edited:

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I used to be on 54meg down 12 up (UK. Fibre to the cabinet. Copper the rest of the way). This was nice and certainly better than the 2meg down I used to get. Stuff would download at a reasonable speed.

Then Virgin Media came to town and said "Hey Hellers. Would you like 350meg?" YES PLEASE. I ended up having to run everything over a mesh wifi setup because my powerline ethernet couldn't cope but it's nice when your iphone speedtest throws up results of 387meg down and 37meg up.

The best part is by 2021 Virgin plan to have their entire UK network upgraded to gigabit.

I just wish the Nintendo download network wasn't made of hopes and wishes because even on my Mesh it reckons it's going to take nearly 5 hours to download the Witcher 3. OH NINTENDO!

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
drhgf0ajx3.png

I pay around 30 a month and I'm starting to get spoiled. Like I get fidgety if I don't download any game under 30 minutes when it used to take me three days

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
It's incredible and I hope other Era members can experience it for a nice low price. I currently pay $129 a month for the service plus the cable that comes along with it. I'm absolutely thrilled by the performance. I was able to download Destiny 2 while my dad played Battlefield with $0 lag. I love this.

I've had 1000/1000 for over a year, and don't have a cap. Use to it by now and take situations like you mentioned for granted. It's great. I pay $95 / month.

Not having a cap is super useful. I'm constantly streaming Vue on devices in my house. There's Youtube usage, gaming, Netflix, etc. I would absolutely not be able to stay under the 1TB /month cap that Comcast was enforcing.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
I pay 90$ and I get 150 mps download and I think 15 upload.......its a decent price I guess since it also includes cable and phone.

I am from Puerto Rico mind you

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Seems so expensive here in the UK I got Virgin 350 down 20 up with a landline and pay £38 a month. Every January they have a huge new customer deal push and every January I tell them to match the price or keep my price or I'll leave. In truth though 350 is overkill I may go down to 100 to save a few bob.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
129 US Dollars per month??
Insane speed but insane cost as well. I'm still using 100/100 and haven't seen a reason to upgrade yet. I just play something else while waiting for a game to download.
Still, if I could afford it...

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
What isp? $129 just seems way too much for me. I'm on Comcast and have a 175 Mbps connection for only $35, but only because that's new customer pricing so it'll probably go up in a few months. Plus we have that 1tb cap :(

LOL. I'm paying $62 a month for 100Mbps and also have a 1TB cap. I could have 200Mbps for $76 a month with a 2TB cap, but I rarely ever hit the current cap (I've come close many times during months of 4K streaming marathons) and honestly don't need to extra speed right now. They do have a 500Mbps service as well, but it's $149 a month, which is a ripoff.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'm hoping for 5G home broadband to be this good one day (I shall wait until 2022 onwards to see what happens). Three are pre advertising it for £35 a month and reviews say it's average download speeds are 500 giagabit.

I wish the UK had infrastructure for this kind of speed 1 gig onwards) cable wise commercially and readily available.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Vh0iJfj.png

39$ a month in Switzerland. The low upload speed is due to the network card drivers, when I do the speed test on my TV I get 950/950.

Feels good.

edit: Also heavily depends on the server:
ixNAuyo.png

Before that I had 100/10 for twice the price...

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I pay ~25€ / month for 500 / 500 in new apartment building in Finland. Could have gotten 1000 / 1000 for 10-15€ more, but eh.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I'm hoping for 5G home broadband to be this good one day (I shall wait until 2022 onwards to see what happens). Three are pre advertising it for £35 a month and reviews say it's average download speeds are 500 giagabit.

I wish the UK had infrastructure for this kind of speed 1 gig onwards) cable wise commercially and readily available.

Virgin Media is currently testing their Docsis 3.1 hub, the 1 gbit service will probably launch within a year.

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I have Unlimited gigabit for $7/mo but my Gigabit wireless router broke and i'm curently using a 50mbs one i had laying around. So there's that...

Oct 27, 2017
1gb fibre should be installed in my village (France) before the end of November. They have already done everywhere around and are working in the village before mine as I write this.

I don't think that I will get the full 1gb but I will see.

Unlimited at €28 a month for the first year which will then be €44. Can't fucking wait

Oct 29, 2017

Internet in the US sure is expensive. I pay half that for the same speed, in a country with way higher living costs than the US.

I've always been curious, as to why the pricepoint in the UD is so high? Is the market monpolistic?

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Internet in the US sure is expensive. I pay half that for the same speed, in a country with way higher living costs than the US.

I've always been curious, as to why the pricepoint in the UD is so high? Is the market monpolistic?

Yes. There are plenty of providers but the overlap is abysmal. And even when there is overlap the service and speeds are usually far better by one provider, which is as good as a monopoly.