• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I am so happy, the best game of last gen getting more people to play and love the series, if I had a PC I would buy another copy
Would be great Ragnarok launch simultaneously, just to see a massive record breaking
I am surprised how well received Days Gone is, PC community's is for sure different than most of PS

Det

Jul 30, 2020
If anything, this shows their method is working.

Release on console, hit saturation, then release on PC after the fact.

But the hype would be significantly higher on PC with a simultaneous release. Imagine Ragnarok gets announced day and date after this port given the positive reception. Need to build a foundation for the IP.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
PC gamers chose not to play it. They had every chance to play it, Ps4's werent supply constrained.
Yeah I'm sure a lot of PC players in parts of the world where owning a console is super expensive just "chose" not to play it. Also the PC players who didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on hardware for a single game.
What the fuck is with this take lol.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Same day release please. I don't need to buy another electronic just to play some games.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Never had any doubt. When done right GoW is one of the best video game ip out there.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The "method" is working better than not releasing the games at all but it's not better than day and date. The bigger the gap in releases, the more potential sales are lost.
Exactly. If they can get strong sales with a several years old port, imagine how strong they would be releasing at the same time as the console version, at the peak of all the marketing and WOM.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Most PC gamers don't want to own a console (I certainly don't) for various reasons. So either Sony gets my money, or doesn't get at all.
Yeah, I literally don't have the space on or around my desk for a PS5. Hell, my PS4 barely fits on the shelf next to my router. I love how little space the Switch takes up when docked. We need more tiny consoles lol

Alpha_ulquiorra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I literally don't have the space on or around my desk for a PS5. Hell, my PS4 barely fits on the shelf next to my router. I love how little space the Switch takes up when docked. We need more tiny consoles lol
Nothing about what any of you said is about not having a chance to play it though. It was a choice. Though i will give a little slack to the people that are getting price gouged in certain countries.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
It depends but judging how some players play GOW (running like a madman from the start, skipping dialogues while on the boat, and biting their nails over cutscenes), they're gonna hate Uncharted.

I believe those players will even have more fun with Uncharted 4.
You could skip from stealth/shooting gallery to the next with almost no problem and count your headshots.

Players that are also interested into a complete story might have the big problem with a game numbered 4.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they make the gaps shorter. I'd much rather play these games on PC moving forward with whatever darn controller is most comfortable for me.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
PC gamers chose not to play it. They had every chance to play it, Ps4's werent supply constrained.

It's not the consumers' fault that the console gaming market was built off walling exclusives behind proprietary devices. I'm glad these companies are starting to come around to the idea that there is money to be made by making their games available beyond their little $400 closed boxes.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Nothing about what any of you said is about not having a chance to play it though. It was a choice. Though i will give a little slack to the people that are getting price gouged in certain countries.
I don't get what point you're trying to make. Or rather, I don't get why you're trying to make it. Like yeah, people could've bought it when it came out on PS4, but maybe they didn't have a PS4. Or maybe they were into other games at the time. Or maybe they didn't want to play a 30 FPS action game. I dunno.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Your take is bizarre. Why are you pointing out that technically PC players could've just bought a whole fucking console for one game? Does the idea of greater accessibility to once-exclusives bother you?

Alpha_ulquiorra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"If I don't buy every platform available then I'm choosing not to play it" - bit of a bizarre take. There are plenty of reasons outside of hardware availability but sure.
I chose to not buy an xbox for specific reasons. So yes i CHOSE not to play the games they put out. I have pretty much every other system though. and no i dont buy xbox games on PC for the most part.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unlike Horizon, it's an absolutely stellar port right at launch.

PlayStation is putting more TLC into their PC ports than Microsoft/Xbox are and that is hilarious to me.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
I chose to not buy an xbox for specific reasons. So yes i CHOSE not to play the games they put out. I have pretty much every other system though. and no i dont buy xbox games on PC for the most part.

Congrats on perhaps arguing today's dumbest point.

That being of the "technically, just about everything is a choice, so screw reasonably semantics" variety.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Your take is bizarre. Why are you pointing out that technically PC players could've just bought a whole fucking console for one game? Does the idea of greater accessibility to once-exclusives bother you?

Who is even arguing for or against what here? I am so confused.
I would have thought the narrative that someone chooses not to buy a console for its exclusives and buy it when it releases on PC, is arguing against the console exclusivity.

Platform wars are confusing

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Nice. I'm tempted to buy this even though I already own it on PS4/5 since I haven't played it yet. I've been working through the older games first.

Though I think I'll wait until the price drops significantly. The enhancements are nice, but I'm not sure they're "$40-50 nice."

Bloodborne for PC is gonna be meme'd into existence at some point

the only way bloodborne is happening on PC is a $70 remake. I hope PC players are ready to pay that cost.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Its worth noting that the $50 price tag is only $10 higher than on PS4 which includes all the Deluxe Edition goodies. Nevertheless, JetPack did justice to the game and delivered an excellent product. Other Sony studios should take note.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who is even arguing for or against what here? I am so confused.
I would have thought the narrative that someone chooses not to buy a console for its exclusives and buy it when it releases on PC, is arguing against the console exclusivity.

Platform wars are confusing
Sorry, I sort of replied to the wrong Alpha post. Here:
Not surprised, the port is magnificent and some PC gamers never had the chance to play it. Hell, I played it in 2018 and I still double dipped.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I am surprised how well received Days Gone is, PC community's is for sure different than most of PS
Doubtful. It's because of Days Gone having a set of expectations when it launched on PS4 that was far from meeting (next to The Order, it's the worst-reviewed AAA first-party game for the whole gen). By the time it got a PC version everybody knew what Days Gone was about.

Belphegor

Sep 24, 2021
Days Gone is more loved than Horizon? Finally some justice for Days Gone because it's the better game.

Deleted member 10623

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2021
Imagine if Spider-Man 2018 came out. I finished that game four times got platinum on PS4 & PS5 - would purchase it just to swing in high fps.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
Spider-man, Sony. There's no other games for that IP currently being sold on Steam and given the popularity of the character( and currently trending due to MCU films), seems like an obvious port at this point.

Its probably still selling well and didn't reach sales saturation on PS. Why lose sales on PS where they get a 100% cut to steam sales where they get 70%

Till the sales drop and it reaches saturation, it will probably stay PS exclusive.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Its probably still selling well and didn't reach sales saturation on PS. Why lose sales on PS where they get a 100% cut to steam sales where they get 70%

Till the sales drop and it reaches saturation, it will probably stay PS exclusive.
Because 70% of a few million is more than 100% of zero?

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
You do know that there are countries outside of the US where it's easier and more common to have a PC than a ps4? I know a lot of friends that already had a good enough PC but couldn't get a console since they tend to be overpriced in third world countries. I know it sounds illogical but I'm speaking out of personal experience here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

Lose sales? Most PC gamers in the World don't also own a PS4/5. They could easily sell millions by releasing the game on PC at $50, which is still $10 more than it's available for digitally on PS.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
ah Yes Ghost of Tshumia would be massive. At this point its shown to be a profit machine just port them after 12 months after realise.

Considering AC: Valhalla is their most successful PC launch combined with Japan being one of, if not the most requested locations, it should do very well.

Deleted member 10623

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2021
Considering AC: Valhalla is their most successful PC launch combined with Japan being one of, if not the most requested locations, it should do very well.
We just got to have faith in SONY and see what happens. I could see them porting Spider-Man 2018 and Miles Morales when the second game releases.