0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
Dug her own grave.

If she'd just shut up, perhaps she'd still have her job. This is what happens when you lean into bigotry and stupidity even after being warned.

Now see the thing you don't understand is that we don't want her to shut up. We need to know everyone who thinks like her. The worst thing you can have is a closet racist, abuser, grifter homophobe or whatever. Just like all those right wing traitorous racist homophobes out there that's a republican, we need to know exactly who those people are so we can take the necessary actions and cancel all of them.

Oct 30, 2017
b640589e76f605d4c128d7a9fc3c22c3_400x400.jpeg

Recast, Lucasfilm. Do it, you cowards! Don't even mention the switch. She's out, she's in. Bye.
This would work really well. Like, a perfect recast.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What kind of shit did she post now that was the final nail in the coffin?

I would google it but Im not in the mood of reading headlines like SJW's CANCELLED GINA CARANO!!!!

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
9a2.png

These people live in an echo chamber of their own construction. I don't believe they're intentionally trying to sabotage their own careers, that makes no sense on any level. Nevermind the regular source of income, the job itself provides a platform for them, a legacy even. Why lose it all? Instead, I believe these kind of people create a bubble that cannot be penetrated by reasonable voices, and they truly believe that they have the right to spout whatever nonsense their deprived brains can come up with. So I have no doubt it was an utter shock for her to lose her job, it just didn't occur to her that it could happen. Guess this might be a roundabout way of saying she suffered from "white privilege".

It's a stunning lack of common sense though. If you have a job, you have certain responsibilities to maintain to keep it. Any one of us would have long been fired for spouting hate speech. For some reason right wing folk can test the limits way more than anyone else before consequences hit them. (i.e - the classic example of Trump himself skating by for four years, and the only tangible consequence he has suffered was being banned from Twitter...a week before leaving the White House...)

Oct 27, 2017
You're thinking of M*A*S*H, but remembering it a little differently. It's a pretty effective scene. Nobody shrugs and you can visibly see how hurt they are by the news. A few people are crying. It's a pretty sincere reaction too because the cast didn't see that page of the script until literally minutes before filming. It was a pretty big deal for a sitcom at the time to write out a character in such a serious way. Apparently the producers got thousands of letters from fans, both in support and critical of the episode.

I was being sarcastic, guess that didn't come through.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
It's just ridiculous that some view this as getting canceled. Try spewing racist or bigoted views while you're employed. Your employer has every right to fire your ass. You represent them and their services. They lose business because of you. They terminate you. How is this so hard to understand?

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Bautista and Kevin Nash of all people. Would have figured Nash was like the rest of the old boys but he turned out to be a decent guy
Not sure on his stance on trans rights, but one guy you would think just by his looks to be totally right wing idiot but isn't is Steve Austin. Dude is anti racist and pro gay marriage.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure she sees herself as a martyr, but just another dumbass bigot who uses her platform like a kid who's found their dad's gun.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I liked her character before learning how terrible a person the actress is. As much as I hate social media sites like Twitter it does help that these people out themselves as utter wankers on the regular.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Disney/Lucasfilm should've done this months ago

She can go fuck off

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
is unfortunate she will still have a platform in the conservativeverse. I expect to see her on OANN/whatever else they're doing. And yes, movies with sorbo and company. Its not a fade away into obscurity, its just switching to a grift... However, I can't imagine you'd equate that universe to the disney/MS/Golden ticket success that she tossed away. But being cancelled is a badge of honor, theres a bunch of bums waiting in a basement somewhere to prop you up and celebrate you.

Its almost like WWZ. you lose a human, they turn into a zombie and increases their #'s.

Oct 27, 2017
is unfortunate she will still have a platform in the conservativeverse. I expect to see her on OANN/whatever else they're doing. And yes, movies with sorbo and company. Its not a fade away into obscurity, its just switching to a grift... However, I can't imagine you'd equate that universe to the disney/MS/Golden ticket success that she tossed away. But being cancelled is a badge of honor, theres a bunch of bums waiting in a basement somewhere to prop you up and celebrate you.

Its almost like WWZ. you lose a human, they turn into a zombie and increases their #'s.
I'd say going from the lead of a Star Wars Disney show to being in Kevin Sorbo movies is 100% a fade into obscurity.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'd say going from the lead of a Star Wars Disney show to being in Kevin Sorbo movies is 100% a fade into obscurity.

I just mean if this was a different time, shed just fuck off and never be heard of again. But there are sadverses for them to fall into. Example, every Sorbo movie is a thread here. To make fun of for sure, but imagine a world where that wouldn't even be a thing. I think thats what we had before the conservative media had a slight prescence.

ElfsborgEra

Jan 28, 2020
What did she say about the holocaust?

Seems pretty stupid to crash your career like this.

According to Deadline, she wrote: "Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don't realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views."

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
I'm honestly thrilled she's gone from Star Wars. She'll probably be a hero to people on right wing forums but whatever. Don't care.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
According to Deadline, she wrote: "Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don't realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views."
Oh man that last line.

Along with the not by nazi soldiers and editing history lines, that does paint a picture.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

how hard is it to not appropriate the suffering of oppressed peoples?

you know what's comparable to the holocaust? the holocaust! that's it. now shut the fuck and fade away

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I like the term Sadverse. Cernovich said on Twitter that the right should just create their own blockbuster franchise instead. I replied, "lol good luck with that".
Cernovich is still at it?

I remember reading that he started out as a pick up artist guru, then started selling supplements and general self help stuff and went full MAGA. What a weird a guy.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Cernovich is still at it?

I remember reading that he started out as a pick up artist guru, then started selling supplements and general self help stuff and went full MAGA. What a weird a guy.

Yeah. I think he was the one pushing the trending hashtag about dropping D+ or something. That's how I ended up going down his rabbit hole.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird thing to reply to six hours later, but I was reading this entire thread post by post for the good vibes and didn't think I saw anyone answer you so I thought I might.

Thick/Thicc saw usage and popularity among black communities for the last two decades at least and was a common term in AAVE. It was a complimentary term to describe someone with broad hips. As body positivity trends became mainstream in the United States, people found this flattering term already existed for people with wider figures (women especially). It was embraced by men and women alike because there was not a lot of established slang to describe these developing beauty standards but there was a lot of validation in using a term that already existed. Thicc is now an empowering term for people with fuller features.

Thicc followed the usual trend for how AAVE gets incorporated in to the mainstream vocabulary: black community to gay community to white women to mainstream. As usual, we have black creativity to thank.

This concludes our lesson. Please study for the exam on Friday and remember my office hours are 2:30-3:30 on Tuesdays and Wednesday.
It also has gotten destroyed because guys will comment on like a anime girl as thin as a pencil and call them thicc

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I saw James Gunn was trending again too , are the Alt-right trying to get him fired again with whataboutisms?

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Oh my God, if the rumors of Rick Famuyiwa being in charge of the Rangers show are true, then I no longer have to ever worry about it being brought down by a horrible actress

Now just get Burr

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
This is a weird thing to reply to six hours later, but I was reading this entire thread post by post for the good vibes and didn't think I saw anyone answer you so I thought I might.

Thick/Thicc saw usage and popularity among black communities for the last two decades at least and was a common term in AAVE. It was a complimentary term to describe someone with broad hips. As body positivity trends became mainstream in the United States, people found this flattering term already existed for people with wider figures (women especially). It was embraced by men and women alike because there was not a lot of established slang to describe these developing beauty standards but there was a lot of validation in using a term that already existed. Thicc is now an empowering term for people with fuller features.

Thicc followed the usual trend for how AAVE gets incorporated in to the mainstream vocabulary: black community to gay community to white women to mainstream. As usual, we have black creativity to thank.

This concludes our lesson. Please study for the exam on Friday and remember my office hours are 2:30-3:30 on Tuesdays and Wednesday.

Wow, thanks for that, I appreciate the response.