sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I can get past people being morons. I mean, I'll judge them for it, but I'm strongly against the whole lynch mob/cancel culture hysteria thing.

In this case she really, really sucks at her job too though, so firing her is a no-brainer.

So youre against racist bigots spewing hateful rhetoric facing consequences from their actions? People dont get "canceled" without reason. If you choose to work in a public platform, learn to reign in your racism and bigotry.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
I can get past people being morons. I mean, I'll judge them for it, but I'm strongly against the whole lynch mob/cancel culture hysteria thing.

In this case she really, really sucks at her job too though, so firing her is a no-brainer.

using the word cancel culture means you've been hoodwinked by the right. it's akin to calling undocumented immigrants "illegal" instead.

The more accurate words for what they're talking about is call out culture where people are called out on the cruel or hateful things they've done to others.

Name one person who:

1. Didn't fully deserve to get canceled

AND

2. Isn't already rich

AND

3. Remained jobless as a result

That lady who was fired for making the "going to Africa hope I don't got AIDS " joke, For example? She found a job quite quickly after getting fired.

She's doing just fine.

so go on. Name these tragic innocent victims of cancel culture gone wild.

Bet you can't.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping they still do a rangers show because I think that could be awesome, just have different characters than her anyway.

If they recast I hope they find someone who looks as strong/buff because it's good to have that body type being shown off in a really high profile show - many people think women shouldn't look like that and it sucks.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

LOL. I can get past you being a bigoted idiot, but I draw the line at you being a bad actor.

C'mon.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Which is sad in it's on way. Apparently being an open transphobe is not being enough of an asshole to get fired by Disney.
It's sad but yeah you could probably get away with some transphobia among other stuff

But Holocaust and anti semitism nah that's a death sentence Megan Fox basically got blacklisted (at least from tranformers) by Spielberg because she compared Bay to Hitler

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not understand the stupidity of some people.

You have it *made*. You were cast in a hit star wars show that is beloved by fans. Just ride it and stfu. Stop tweeting about the holocaust. Like seriously, how dumb do you have to be? Even if you believe this shit you should be smart enough to just stfu and keep the cush gig.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
I do not understand the stupidity of some people.

You have it *made*. You were cast in a hit star wars show that is beloved by fans. Just ride it and stfu. Stop tweeting about the holocaust. Like seriously, how dumb do you have to be? Even if you believe this shit you should be smart enough to just stfu and keep the cush gig.
this is conservatives in a nutshell

cllu9z2elho41.jpg

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
The day when I don't have to see that person's face on my screens is here? What a lovely day.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing of value was lost.

But come on thousands of examples of people getting fired for shit they post on the internet and you still did not learn that lesson when your solo series got canceled but instead you double down on your shit posting.

I hope they recast, I kinda of like the character.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The fucked up part is she'll probably make more now.

Doubt it, Looks like she was primed for a lead role in the Ranger series they are making.

Her few news payouts while shes does the ring of right wing media moaning about being deplatformed and silenced for the TRUTH wont make up for that and she will be forever disregarded from Star Wars going forward.

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Gina was a strong enough actor to lead a show. She was fine in a narrow range as a recurring guest character but I think the Mandalorian was already running up against the limits of her acting.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've noticed on social media, 'thicker', sexy ladies and using the word thicc, trying to figure out the origin of that.
This is a weird thing to reply to six hours later, but I was reading this entire thread post by post for the good vibes and didn't think I saw anyone answer you so I thought I might.

Thick/Thicc saw usage and popularity among black communities for the last two decades at least and was a common term in AAVE. It was a complimentary term to describe someone with broad hips. As body positivity trends became mainstream in the United States, people found this flattering term already existed for people with wider figures (women especially). It was embraced by men and women alike because there was not a lot of established slang to describe these developing beauty standards but there was a lot of validation in using a term that already existed. Thicc is now an empowering term for people with fuller features.

Thicc followed the usual trend for how AAVE gets incorporated in to the mainstream vocabulary: black community to gay community to white women to mainstream. As usual, we have black creativity to thank.

This concludes our lesson. Please study for the exam on Friday and remember my office hours are 2:30-3:30 on Tuesdays and Wednesday.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doubt it, Looks like she was primed for a lead role in the Ranger series they are making.

Her few news payouts while shes does the ring of right wing media moaning about being deplatformed and silenced for the TRUTH wont make up for that and she will be forever disregarded from Star Wars going forward.
The grift is real in the conservative world. Just remember when Colin left Kinda Funny, he was pulling in 2-3x as much on Patreon compared to the KF crew. They'll throw money at this victim of cancel culture. Plus, I cant see her getting more than 10-30k an episode.

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
Great! I'm late to the show and her hideous antics. It's so good to see these people get their comeuppance and (hopefully) lose their career.

She is no loss to the show... she couldn't even sit or stand convincingly, let alone deliver her lines in a believable manner. How on earth did she land the job in the first place.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing to see her being defended by the same people who also believe that women who look like her have no place in mainstream media.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Change nothing about any of the shows except recasting the role of Cara Dune to Lucy Lawless.

This is the way.

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
She's so wooden you could mistake her for a 2x4.

If I were to guess a career as a jobber in WWE awaits.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
quoting myself from the other thread for everyone who wants Bill Burr to replace her

taken from a tumblr post:

Bill Burr is openly transphobic, he's made several jokes about trans people in the past on his comedy shows, like this one for example (x). Here's an article of him making fun of a transgender woman along with transphobic comments (x). [...] And here's another article about him making fun of top gun's remake with a transgender co-pilot (x).

This is what killed me when Bruce became Caitlyn. That was like a national news story like at a ridiculous level. There's like baby seals washing up on the beach because there's no fish left, and they're talking to this, this -- lady. You know? Like, "So, Bruce, you gonna go, can your Olympic back handle a D-cup or you gonna go with like something a little more perky?"

Burr continued poking fun at Jenner while misgendering her, with seemingly sarcastic comments like, "He should've told us. He should've given us a chance to say goodbye," and later adding, "God bless him. God bless her! Sorry. They really freak out about the pronouns, too. You say God bless him, and they're like, 'Her!'"

Burr goes on to joke about remaking Top Gun with a transgender co-pilot: "She won't die, her discarded dick will block her head from the canopy. There'll be a gender-neutral bathroom on the plane. How f—ing dumb is that?"

wingkongex

Aug 25, 2019
I remember seeing her in Haywire when that came out and how bad she was in that despite surrounding her with great actors. IDK why her career has lasted this long in the first place.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
What did she say about the holocaust?

Seems pretty stupid to crash your career like this.