Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
tenor.gif

About 6 hours left to win a copy of Untitled Goose Game for the Switch!

1 gift from Tolby

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Tolby Tolby!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Tolby said:
Sekai Project promised to release this in Europe, but never did. I kept this US Vita code unused in case they wanted it back in exchange for an EU one, but I don't think that's ever going to happen. I gave up hope. I'll never be able to play this.
I hope this still works. Playstation codes expire quickly.
Vita means life

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (PSVita - US) PlayStation 4 (PSVita - US): Root Double-Before Crime *After Days-Xtend Edition - Won by kurahador kurahador (69 entries)

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone post the message you get when you actually win? I still have never won lol.

1 gift from Optional Objectives

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Optional Objectives Optional Objectives!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Optional Objectives said:
Another one of these keys, enjoy!

• Epic Epic: The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries - Won by Xshade90 Xshade90 (24 entries)

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
That game looks awful. If something is called "the worst game ever made" by most of the people playing it, people shouldn't give it away as a mystery gift. That doesn't seem in the spirit of the thread.

If the rule to prevent people who have recently won from winning again didn't exist, I'd say it's funny and fine to do this. But given that it exists... eh. Imagine getting locked out of a Cyberpunk 2077 giveaway because you got this game in a "mysterious key" giveaway. :/

tbh I'd say troll giveaways should be forbidden, given the existence of that rule

what's your take Cerium ?

I mean I get that they're gifts but imagine entering a raffle IRL and you win a literal piece of human shit and you're told you can't participate in any more raffles because you won that one recently. uh

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
If the rule to prevent people who have recently won from winning again didn't exist, I'd say it's funny and fine to do this. But given that it exists... eh. Imagine getting locked out of a Cyberpunk 2077 giveaway because you got this game in a "mysterious key" giveaway. :/
I don't know that it should be moderated or anything, but people should use their best judgment in not passing off garbage to others without at least a warning. I wouldn't even bring this up for a divisive game, but that's obviously objectively not a quality game in any way. Steam even removed it from their storefront.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I'll make sure to always give hints for my mystery games and I am not gonna give anything with a negative average on Steam for example. Something I give might have mixed reception at worst but then I'm gonna check why so that it isn't some buggy mess or abandoned unfinished thing for example. Just different tastes, "too expensive" and such.

But I mean, you should probably never join a mystery giveaway (even with hints) if you are worried about being locked out of stuff you actually want.

Edit: Now I gotta go on a scavenge hunt for some mystery stuff I can give. It was really fun last time.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Eh, I think the point of a mystery giveaway is that it could be amazing or terrible, the fun is in the mystery. I wouldn't consider it trolling.

RedFyn

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for Life is Strange ChippyTurtle. Is it still sectioned off in episodes or did they combine it all together? I was thinking of playing one a day but wasn't sure if there was still a clear break point.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I definitely don't think we should start considering shitty mystery games as a form of trolling. It's always good to offer a hint or some indication, but even if it's a pure mystery the fun is not knowing what you'll get!

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I think Bad Rats is funny. I would've laughed if I won that. Asset Flip Simulator, to me, does seem like trolling. Like I said, I'm not calling for moderation on this. I just think people should use their own discretion and try not to give objective garbage to someone. I've only started 6 giveaways with a total of ~10 games, but I didn't give away stuff everyone hates. I think you'd have to go out of your way to get an Asset Flip Simulator key. haha.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I don't think anyone is trolling with the mystery giveaways, I believe they are being done in good faith, and I agree with Spyware that hints make it more interesting, more of a game. I just don't think mystery raffles are constructive generally. With nearly all the raffles being Steam keys, and there being no way to check a Steam key before redeeming it, this can lead to people redeeming games they don't want which other people maybe did want. Nobody wins there. Or they may have wasted their time on a key for a game they already own, which hopefully they re-raffle. And then they're locked out of other raffles for a while. For those reasons I don't enter mystery raffles. Also, I don't want Bad Rats.

Basically, I side with Ted Danson here.

1 gift from JediTimeBoy

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from JediTimeBoy JediTimeBoy!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

JediTimeBoy said:
Hitman 2 standard edition AFAIK. It's a code that you redeem at GreenManGaming, and it'll give you a Steam key.
Just remembered that I have this lying around (got it for buying Intel or Nvidia), but I can't remember if it had an expiry (still says redeem on GMG; obviously I didn't redeem it lol).

• Steam Steam: Hitman 2 - Won by Sedated Sedated (59 entries)