What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• A Place To Put Your Unrequited Feelings

Votes: 93 45.8%
  • A Usable Plastic Ass

Votes: 38 18.7%
  • It’s Too Late for Everything

Votes: 27 13.3%
  • Weedspeakers.com

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • Kiss My Vitruvian Ass

Votes: 19 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 2, 2017
UOEjY6b.png

are they finally getting absorbed by gamespot

RIP Bomby the bomb.

I bet they're killing all references to Luchadeer and the embiggen man.

Next thing you know giantbomb.com/chat won't show a link to Swedish Chef when there's no show.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
That sounds cool and all, but it primarily sounds fucking exhausting. I really enjoyed Prey, but adding a tax-return-simulating rougelike on top of that? No thanks.
Y'know, I both extremely agree and extremely disagree with this.

The best aspects of immersive sims is just living in and breathing in their worlds, and taking time to work through those spaces that build said lived-in feeling.

At the same time, those games often present you with just enough options that no matter your build, there's a clear path of least resistance for you.

Mooncrash sort of breaks that. No matter what you do, you're sort of in the same space for 12 hours and you get to learn it the same way, but it also hamstrings you and forces you to adapt to the world based on the build of the character you're inhabiting. It's turning an immsim into a run-based game and that's way more interesting that I at first thought it would be.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
You know what's the real bummer? The amount of people who never gave Prey a chance. It's such a wonderful game. I love it when a game has a well realized world/environment that even when I revisit the game years from now it'll feel like returning to an old home.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
You know what's the real bummer? The amount of people who never gave Prey a chance. It's such a wonderful game. I love it when a game has a well realized world/environment that even when I revisit the game years from now it'll feel like returning to an old home.
There's a reason immersive sims tend to come in waves. They wax and wane with people being interested in depth in their AAA games. Currently they're waning.

I guess we'll talk about them again in 6-7 years.

Edit: To be clear I feel exactly the same. They always feel familiar even when you're doing a playthrough in an entirely different style. That's the benefit of the "broadly narrow" design of these things and why I love them. They're dense.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I asked this before but dont think i ever really got an answer. Didn't Rorie mention an early upgrade in Prey that made it easy to craft a bunch of shit or do something that sort of broke the game? Or maybe not broke it, but eased some headaches that the game gave you?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I asked this before but dont think i ever really got an answer. Didn't Rorie mention an early upgrade in Prey that made it easy to craft a bunch of shit or do something that sort of broke the game? Or maybe not broke it, but eased some headaches that the game gave you?
Thete's a formula to effectively build stat/ability upgrades, but the game doesn't let you use it willy-nilly. They kinda make a cute joke out of it. And it's expensive anyway.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
It was a duplication glitch that if I remember correctly got patched by now. What you could essentially do is craft an infinite number of any material you wanted.

and you could do that like within the first 15-20 minutes of the game which is when you find your first Recycler.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was reading about Dragon Ball (as one does), and apparently there's a manga about a kid reincarnating as Yamcha. I didn't know they did horror stories in Dragon Ball.

Also based on that story Yamcha is just a lazy-ass dude, this kid can push his body into Saiyan territory.

Oct 25, 2017
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
McDonalds.lol was the straw that broke the camels back. Once it began directing its traffic the site overloaded.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Giant Bomb is finally dead and we have been released from its dark hold over our psyches.

May we reign free as gods

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's sad that Garfield is actually imagining the current Jon and Odie. It's all in his head.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Garfield is actually an allegory for how the US government treated returning Vietnam vets

they just wanted to harass dogs and eat lasagna and the government wouldn't help them

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I noticed last night they switched their YouTube overlay icon to the GB from the bomb. Something happening today?