OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
They could easily rewrite stuff where a dick Arthur sides with Dutch and Micah in the end and gets betrayed. It's not like he's alive in the original game.
I guess they could but I was not asking for it. The honor system is more like how Arthur perceives himself and not like, what the world sees of him. I really do not know how you feel like playing like an asshole where his expressions in the cutscenes, what he writes in his journal.etc is just so opposite of that like, I do not know why someone would want to force themselves on that path. R* clearly had a certain and specific vision for this game and it's clear because so much of it builds towards the overall narrative.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I guess they could but I was not asking for it. The honor system is more like how Arthur perceives himself and not like, what the world sees of him. I really do not know how you feel like playing like an asshole where his expressions in the cutscenes, what he writes in the journal.etc is just so opposite of that like I do not know why someone would force themselves on that path. R* clearly had a certain vision for this game.
My take too. Although, frankly, I'd of been fine if the morality system was straight up tossed (but keep the town's memories of Arthur's actions).

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TqYLHEf.png

can't believe I have to work all day and still fit 8 hours in .-.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Party Party 11 existing makes me so happy. I've waited all year for this and they did it and brought back Drew too!

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Also is that a Toad Wizard?
That is a slann. They're the mightiest (mortal) spellcasters in the old Warhammer Fantasy, and the ones upholding a barrier between the mortal realm and the Chaos forces trying to devour it. (I think that barrier is the geomantic web itself.)

And... well. They, uh, get devoured by an endless vermintide that engulfs their entire continent and the world succumbs to Chaos, setting the stage for the Warhammer Fantasy reboot, the Age of Sigmar.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
hey is it just me or this shifting concept in this giant rom game kind of fucking awesome?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
hey is it just me or this shifting concept in this giant rom game kind of fucking awesome?
Absolutely. Out of everything, that's the one mechanic that screamed "this should be its own game".

I think there's been a few games with similar concepts, but I don't remember if they were quite the same (with the whole 3D thing).

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jeez, reading the editors postings seems that Brad, Abby and Ben all had a difficult time in their personal lives for 2018. Hope things get better for them.

You would never know sometimes listening to the Bombcast/Beastcast week in and week out that they were having trouble.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
you should play it it's a load of fun
I'm playing (and loving) Battletech. I don't have place for another strategy/tactics game in my life right now.
That is a slann. They're the mightiest (mortal) spellcasters in the old Warhammer Fantasy, and the ones upholding a barrier between the mortal realm and the Chaos forces trying to devour it. (I think that barrier is the geomantic web itself.)

And... well. They, uh, get devoured by an endless vermintide that engulfs their entire continent and the world succumbs to Chaos, setting the stage for the Warhammer Fantasy reboot, the Age of Sigmar.
Geomantic Webs and canonical universal reboots after rat invasions, could this be more formulaic? Jeez, get creative, Games Workshop!

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Boo at no-one on staff having finished The Missing.

Like, come on.

Jeez, reading the editors postings seems that Brad, Abby and Ben all had a difficult time in their personal lives for 2018. Hope things get better for them.

You would never know sometimes listening to the Bombcast/Beastcast week in and week out that they were having trouble.

I kinda figured they were all talking about the Trump administation.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boo at no-one on staff having finished The Missing.

Like, come on.

I kinda figured they were all talking about the Trump administation.
Don't really think so unless I'm misinterpreting. Trump administration fucking sucks but I don't let it dictate my life.

From Brad:

This year, for a variety of reasons I won't get into because who in their right mind wants to talk about their personal life online in this day and age, somehow managed to be worse. I envy people who can fall back on games as a reliable escape or distraction when things are crummy, but for whatever reason, games mostly just feel trivial to me when Real Life intrudes. So, for the second year running, I'm a little behind, but I still had a great time with more than enough games to populate this list.

From Abby:

For me, Red Dead Redemption 2 was the right game at the right time. The holidays are always tough, and this year especially was a series of difficult news, bad experiences, and heartbreak. Thank god Red Dead Redemption was there for me to just forget myself for a little while. Being able to boot up the game, put clothes on my dress-up-doll of a cowboy, and pet my dumbass horse was a wonderful way to escape.

Ben I guess could be construed that way:

Boy, what a shitty year. But there were good games! Fuck 2018!! Except the video games!!!

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Are you guys listening on the podcast? My youtube feed has no new videos and their website says "video still processing" on the deliberation video.