xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yFmcCsO.jpg
Those bastards did it, they really did it.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't listened to today's podcast but does Alex go on a big rant on how SOTR celebrates colonialism or something to that effect?

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
another almost 4 hour video? Yeah, since I do not really love this new format, I think I will have to skip the podcasts this year, there is only so much time a person has.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nobody played that game far enough(if any) to say anything meaningful about it lol.
So it was one of those instances where they mention a game thats got a bad word of mouth, everyone collectively groans like they can relate only to find out pretty much nobody played it? Would have been better if they just didn't talk about it at all. Maybe that will be what they change for next year, games they didn't play just don't talk about them instead of relying on internet hearsay.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That #1 description for Abby's RDR2 is really amazing. Shows how video games can really make an impact on someone's life in the best way possible.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
So it was one of those instances where they mention a game thats got a bad word of mouth, everyone collectively groans like they can relate only to find out pretty much nobody played it? Would have been better if they just didn't talk about it at all. Maybe that will be what they change for next year, games they didn't play just don't talk about them instead of relying on internet hearsay.
It really wasn't that at all, they are only mentioning games that at least one of them played. Brad finished it from what I remember him saying.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Brad was the only one that played it and he was disappointed.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Sort of but it was also brought up to see who actually played through it since they're going game by game throughout the year.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Day 3 roundup:

Number of times UNAVOWED is listed in a Top 10:

Number of times BATTLETECH is listed in a Top 10:

Progress! Omg.

rmanthorp

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Hmm, it's just the time of year for people to go in on Abby huh? It's such a bad look. It's not like the rest of the crew don't interject and have strong opinions they won't back down on... I wonder why people react to Abby is such a bad way...

Oh and if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on GoW for GOTY. My best case would be Tetris!

Deleted member 11943

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To reference another recent thread, the engine in Ultima Underworld was groundbreaking for its time and was a direct influence on so many games: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ul...and-why-you-should-still-play-it-today.82943/

Because you're talking about the game addressing Kratos' past as a violent God murderer. But the second an immortal God who's sent to kill Kratos gets the chance to feel again along with his mortality he decides to take on the God killer who already beat killed him.

Your throwing away any commentary on Kratos' history of violence for the sake of having a villain who's psychoanalytically crazy and even using a woman as a prop to justify Kratos killing him.

It's terrible story telling to me and no matter how much of a boner Baldur gets from Kratos beating the shit out of him it's not going to convince me otherwise. Baldur's such a nothing character.

Imagine if Baldur actually killed Faye as the last giant, he comes back for Kratos because he knows his threat, Krato's whole history is revealed to Boy which makes Boy hate him, in the fight where Balur loses his immortality he backs off afraid of Kratos, when Freya has Kratos on the ropes Baldur kills her saying that some people do things that deserve death, as he walks away boy shoots him in the head as opposed to killing a nothing character without motivation.

Freya gets to keep her volition, Kratos has to address his son following his violent past, Kratos literally kills 0 Gods in the game, boy has a genuine incentive to kill a God, Baldur's something other than comic book evil, Faye still just follows the mural/visions that give her no real agency.

Pardon the fanfic.

I'm pretty sure they're hunting him just to kill Freya. They just care about killing the giants.
breezy seems like a soft vinny

but then he'll sneak up on you with a bad take and bite you and not let go

but we love him
Hmm, it's just the time of year for people to go in on Abby huh? It's such a bad look. It's not like the rest of the crew don't interject and have strong opinions they won't back down on... I wonder why people react to Abby is such a bad way...

Oh and if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on GoW for GOTY. My best case would be Tetris!

Bad look to whom? I think a well spoken Abby hater is in this time of year.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
It's the worst. The most predictable garbage gets thrown at her (and only her) for having the gall to speak.

It's so depressing.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's a little unclear with the conversation so far, but are they going to go back and include pre-2018 games when they do the "Best Ongoing Game" category?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I could honestly see Return of the Obra Dinn swooping in for #1
Now that would make me feel good. That thing is high on many lists, staff and guest alike.
It's a little unclear with the conversation so far, but are they going to go back and include pre-2018 games when they do the "Best Ongoing Game" category?
I assume that's the idea. Dan is for sure getting RSSeige in the top 3 there.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
That's what the rest of the year is for. Every other 51 weeks of podcasts are literally that.

Don't be silly, those podcast are fastfood talk and e-mails about poop.

I think there's plenty of games that barely get covered in their weekly stuff, and the stuff on the podcast is often a lot of first impressions. Now often they've played more of it, and more people have played stuff.

Just started the day three podcast and I'm listening to them discuss Spider-man. Can't disagree with much of what's been said thus far about the combat, but does anyone know if the callers to JJJ's podcast varied depending on whether you stopped the dynamic crime events around the city or if you skipped them? I seem to remember ignoring them for a bit and people calling in criticizing me for it.

They bring that up.

Oct 25, 2017
If Destiny 1 barely made it to Top 10 once, and Destiny 2 getting on Top 10 last year, I'd be genuinely surprised that Hitman 2 doesn't make it on their Top 10 at all. They all seem to enjoy it to some degree universally.
There is honestly merit to how more of the same doesn't mean it's still important. Time and place when games release are important. I loved Hitman. I like Hitman 2 a ton. But I've also been there, done that, to a degree that it doesn't make an impact like the first did.

Oct 25, 2017
Does he then side with Dutch and Micah? Because that would be an interesting twist.
Nah, but he is a complete dick, and his character is still written as such for the most part. But the big story beats still happen the way they happen. What I do mean is that Dick Arthur is a lot more well thought out than "make him say some shitty stuff that's just insults or ice burns" - he's legitimately a fucking dick to folks. And that works if that's the Arthur you wanna be.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
That's pretty dumb then.
That's not the point though? This is a prequel to RDR1 that showcases the fall of the gang so, I do not know what you are expecting exactly.
Why would a dick Arthur care about John/Abigail/Jack though. That was a pretty important part of the later chapters
This is what I would take as a complaint for people who want to be dick Arthur. I personally couldn't because his broad strokes is clearly not to be a dick but rather a very conflicted individual.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Nah, but he is a complete dick, and his character is still written as such for the most part. But the big story beats still happen the way they happen. What I do mean is that Dick Arthur is a lot more well thought out than "make him say some shitty stuff that's just insults or ice burns" - he's legitimately a fucking dick to folks. And that works if that's the Arthur you wanna be.
Why would a dick Arthur care about John/Abigail/Jack though. That was a pretty important part of the later chapters

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
If you don't see the dots and therefore cannot switch to GB's video player, try to load the video on mobile and it should work automatically.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
That's not the point though? This is a prequel to RDR1 that showcases the fall of the gang so, I do not know what you are expecting exactly.

This is what I would take as a complaint for people who want to be dick Arthur. I personally couldn't because his broad strokes is clearly not to be a dick but rather a very conflicted individual.
They could easily rewrite stuff where a dick Arthur sides with Dutch and Micah in the end and gets betrayed. It's not like he's alive in the original game.