• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
It's actually even more confusing for the sake of depicting Pelosi as Longinus.

Longinus is considered a martyr in the major traditions, and even outside of the canon it's hard to really arrange things in your head such that he's a "traitor" when Jesus was already, you know, thoroughly crucified at the time he stabbed him. Like, you'd want to depict her as Judas or maybe Pilate, not Longinus; I know it's hardly the worst sacrilege on display here, but it still irks me.

It's like, has the artist ever actually heard the story of the trial and crucifixion of Jesus, or did they just see a painting with a dude giving him a poke and say, "Yeah, that's the bad one, I'm sure of it!"?
Let me tell you, most church folk in GA would fall into that category. They have a remarkable ability to only know what they need to in order to be a bigot and/or control other people.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

Longinus is considered a martyr in the major traditions, and even outside of the canon it's hard to really arrange things in your head such that he's a "traitor" when Jesus was already, you know, thoroughly crucified at the time he stabbed him. Like, you'd want to depict her as Judas or maybe Pilate, not Longinus; I know it's hardly the worst sacrilege on display here, but it still irks me.

It's like, has the artist ever actually heard the story of the trial and crucifixion of Jesus, or did they just see a painting with a dude giving him a poke and say, "Yeah, that's the bad one, I'm sure of it!"?
I look at it as Pelosi getting one last jab in on the carcass. I used to be a Christian, so I'm familiar with what you're talking about though. But I'm an illustrator and if we are being real, this offends me on many levels in that arena. True caca.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

The kind of people who make this sort of thing are extraordinarily surface level. Everything to them is an empty code that represents only what they want it to in that moment. Very little of what they believe or understand about the world is supported by actuality in any way. So naturally this image fumbles the details because they are not the least bit aware, let alone concerned, with those details.

Consider the kind of mental disconnect required to perceive and portray the president as a Christlike figure and the other inconsistencies hardly register.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017

It's almost like those people aren't real Christians. Surprise!

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I feel like despite early voting success we need a large turnout today to offset the Qultists that will be showing up and showing out

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Just drove by two of the usual polling places. One was so empty they may well have changed it since I used to live there and it's no longer a polling place. The other was only slightly below the usual amount, but it's also about two hours earlier than I'm usually there too.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
I'm feeling pretty encouraged by this due to the stats that have come out about the early voting during the general election in Georgia showing that even though Republican turnout was definitely higher on Election Day they still had a massive amount of turnout in the early election which they just didn't have this time.

I'm really thinking that we are seeing the same effect that we saw in 2018 that when Trump isn't on the ballot a huge number of his followers simply just don't give a crap what happens they are voting for their cult leader not the Republican Party.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Saw a (clearly homemade) yard sign out at a nearby intersection that said something to the effect of "Georgia GOP don't show up for rigged elections" and I cannot tell if it's serious or somebody screwing with people.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Saw a (clearly homemade) yard sign out at a nearby intersection that said something to the effect of "Georgia GOP don't show up for rigged elections" and I cannot tell if it's serious or somebody screwing with people.

That's probably real lol, I've seen other random stuff in certain neighborhoods. They're usually outliers though.